ZMF Verite Open
Jan 6, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #1,126 of 9,505
Finally auditioned Verite, it's quite breathtaking piece of gear. Really fast drivers, very musical, fantastic with large orchestral pieces with the width and depth of staging... Treble not as sparkling as Utopia, but blends really beautifully with mids and bass... Utopia can sound quite clinical/studio like but Verite gives sense of liveliness and slightly longer decay like sounds we normally hear.

For the price what Verite can do, it blows lots of other similar or higher priced competition away.....

Well said. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to continue to hear more impressions from everyone. Had to send the Verite's back, so now I'm in the same boat as the rest of you waiting on pre-orders!

Jan 6, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #1,127 of 9,505
I learned how to upload the image.

After 2-3 hours of listening on my THX AAA 789 amp and Topping DX7s balanced Dac the speed , detail, and sound stage out preforms my Teak Auteurs

All the micro detail and speed of the Utopia but none of that glare and way better to look at since these are wood and leather and hand made in the Untied states by true craftsman .

I should receive my GOTL tube amp any day and then let battle begin. I won't be retiring my Auteur's anytime soon.

. IMG_20190105_141021.jpg
Art is worth the wait

Thanks Zach, Bevin and team for your loving work.

Jan 6, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #1,128 of 9,505
I learned how to upload the image.

After 2-3 hours of listening on my THX AAA 789 amp and Topping DX7s balanced Dac the speed , detail, and sound stage out preforms my Teak Auteurs

All the micro detail and speed of the Utopia but none of that glare and way better to look at since these are wood and leather and hand made in the Untied states by true craftsman .

I should receive my GOTL tube amp any day and then let battle begin. I won't be retiring my Auteur's anytime soon.

Art is worth the wait

Thanks Zach, Bevin and team for your loving work.

Verite and a GOTL? Sounds like your Christmas is coming a bit late,but worth the wait.

What config did you opt for on your GOTL?

Jan 6, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #1,129 of 9,505
Finally auditioned Verite, it's quite breathtaking piece of gear. Really fast drivers, very musical, fantastic with large orchestral pieces with the width and depth of staging... Treble not as sparkling as Utopia, but blends really beautifully with mids and bass... Utopia can sound quite clinical/studio like but Verite gives sense of liveliness and slightly longer decay like sounds we normally hear.

For the price what Verite can do, it blows lots of other similar or higher priced competition away.....
What amp and dac did you hear it from

Jan 6, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #1,131 of 9,505

Sounds quite similar to mine. If you also added the 6/12/25v option it should be exactly the same as mine. Youre in for a treat!

EDIT: Mine has the HEXFRED/Rectifier option.

To my ears the HEXFRED makes the bass more accurate and cleaner,and less romantic sounding.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #1,132 of 9,505

Great times ahead in deed!

You will be missing nothing but a nice cocktail.

Enjoy.

Jan 6, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #1,133 of 9,505
What amp and dac did you hear it from

2 sets of tube amps.... one's around $2k and the other $4k plus dac+pre amps..... Verite scales well with quality of gear that feeds it.....

Jan 6, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #1,134 of 9,505
I'm listening to this live Snarky Puppy album I got when I went to their concert. Holy crap the bass is amazing on these... With this tube cofig ,the bass is really banging but also tight. the Verite is just throwin weight and speed as well... Such a satisfying listen, I wish I could share it with you guys.

Jan 6, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #1,135 of 9,505
I'm listening to this live Snarky Puppy album I got when I went to their concert. Holy crap the bass is amazing on these... With this tube cofig ,the bass is really banging but also tight. the Verite is just throwin weight and speed as well... Such a satisfying listen, I wish I could share it with you guys.
I'll PM you my address
:ksc75smile:
Seriously these are my must hear at CanJam NYC...so looking forward to it this year.

Jan 6, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #1,136 of 9,505
I'll PM you my address
:ksc75smile:
Seriously these are my must hear at CanJam NYC...so looking forward to it this year.
I totally get them being your "must hear" ha. They are really impressing me so far. I wanted to listen to some music from my favorite thread on headfi- "What are you listening to right now?" but this Snarky album keeps grabbing my attention so I'm letting it ride. To deliver such detail but be musically addictive at the same time is not an easy feat...

With the right tube magic configuration now I'm hitting close to everything I am looking for. I want to try them on my Liquid Carbon to understand what they sound like on SS, but I'm enjoying it too much to care lol. All in good time I suppose.:grinning:

Looking forward to your reaction of them when you get to hear them in NY. Hopefully I can make it happen this year. Fingers crossed I make it!:fingers_crossed:

Jan 6, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #1,137 of 9,505
Snarky Puppy is awesome...they sound phenomenal on my Aeolus...they'd be only that much better on the Verite from everything I hear.

My only concern is how 'lively' everyone says they are...i had the Elear, and as much as I enjoyed them (despite their flaws) they were always just a bit too much for me...sonic assault so to speak. I'm curious if Zach's tuning will make that much of a difference with such a 'fast' driver.

I bet it does...hence the 'must hear.'

Hope to see you at CanJam!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back