ZMF Verite Open
Nov 16, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #511 of 9,512
Zach, will all the pieces holding the rods on verite ltd be black? The black grill has gray and the steel show black.
Anyone else choose black? (I love the way it dissappears into the center in photos.)

Nov 16, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #512 of 9,512
@zach915m quick question: does the cable pricing on the website reflect the sale that was mentioned on the email sent out today? Was looking at getting a long 2k cable.

The cable that comes with the headphone as a bundle price is 5.5 feet, unsleeved, stock jacks. If you want sleeving on a 2K or anything but black on an atmos, or different length etc you'd have to buy through the sale.

The price of the bundled cable is discounted to reflect the ZMF November sale though!!!

Zach, will all the pieces holding the rods on verite ltd be black? The black grill has gray and the steel show black.
Anyone else choose black? (I love the way it dissappears into the center in photos.)

The Pheasant will come with the charcoal/bronze tinted chassis in Magnesium. I've added an option to make that choice at checkout, if you'd prefer black send me a message and we can hook it up!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 16, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #514 of 9,512
To feed the hype and tide yall over til Christmas...Apologies for the crappy audio.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #517 of 9,512
Haha i bought one within the first 3 minutes

Oh man, I’m going to guess that most over those Pheasantwoods were sold in the first 10 minutes haha

Technically, I bought one in the first -1 minutes... just kept refreshing the page like a madman, and noticed preorders go up a few minutes before 10am, and sprung on it. Yeah, I’m crazy ._.

Looks like we’ll all probably be in the first batch though, so heck yeah:gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #520 of 9,512
I'm trying to find a dac to pair with the pheasantwood verité and a hd800S later on down the road. Ive decided on the GS-X mini as my amp but choosing a dac is giving me anxiety
GS-X Mini is awesome! Auditioned it with the Verite at RMAF and it was great together!! Wish I had an excuse to get one... :wink:
As for a good matched DAC - I would ask @HeadAmpTeam / @kevin gilmore for recommendations.

Nov 17, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #521 of 9,512
From some measurements of this available here and there, people seem to agree that this headphone is colored and sounds less balanced and neutral than Auteur.
Rather than paying about 2.5k for a colored headphone, I would rather wait a neutral tuning of Vertie, if coming (I speculate that it will be Zach's next release).

Over 2k, I demand a headphone sounds very accurate and balanced.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #522 of 9,512
From some measurements of this available here and there, people seem to agree that this headphone is colored and sounds less balanced and neutral than Auteur.
Rather than paying about 2.5k for a colored headphone, I would rather wait a neutral tuning of Vertie, if coming (I speculate that it will be Zach's next release).

Over 2k, I demand a headphone sounds very accurate and balanced.
I'm confused by this post.

Nov 17, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #523 of 9,512
From some measurements of this available here and there, this headphone seems colored and sounds less balanced and neutral than Auteur.
Rather than paying about 2.5k for a colored headphone, I would rather wait a neutral tuning of Vertie, if coming. Over 2k, I demand a headphone sounds very accurate and balanced.
I feel about the same — the coloration reports damped down my enthusiasm somewhat. Honestly, I feel bad enough cheating on Auteur with Ether 2. I guess I need to hear the magical speed of Verite before I can take this big a plunge. Of course, Auteur was also a pretty big plunge sound un-heard :) and look how that worked out!

I love living on the Oregon Coast, but the dearth of nearby Head-fiers can really be annoying. If anybody in the Vancouver, Portland, Salem, Corvallis corridor gets a preview I’d love to drive over for a listen. Anyone?

Nov 17, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #524 of 9,512
I'm confused by this post.
Why? Other than the notion that Zach has a ‘neutral’ Verite waiting in the wings, I found it straight-forward enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back