ZMF Verite Open
Oct 3, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #16 of 9,512
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #19 of 9,512
Be interesting to know different wood cups on affecting sounds... As Utopia experience goes, Beryllium drivers are fast, textured and maybe sometimes bright. So would like to know difference between like blackwood and silkwood on speed, detail, timbre, width and depth etc...
Nice grille btw

Oct 3, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #20 of 9,512
I mirror those thoughts. My gut tells me (but would love to hear from the maker himself) is that:
- the Verite's use of Beryllium and Magnesium point to it being tuned more toward a "reference" sound, building on from where the Auteur left off. So like the Utopia et al, it should be very quick, very refined, very detailed, perhaps sacrificing a "fun" factor and less pronounced / impactful bass
- the Aeolus is particularly interesting, as it may provide that liquid honey midrange of the Atticus, but ease some of the potential mid-bass bloat / bleed as the open back design gives it some room to breath, and some of the sound waves to escape. This should also reduce the impact of cup resonance

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #22 of 9,512
I mirror those thoughts. My gut tells me (but would love to hear from the maker himself) is that:
- the Verite's use of Beryllium and Magnesium point to it being tuned more toward a "reference" sound, building on from where the Auteur left off. So like the Utopia et al, it should be very quick, very refined, very detailed, perhaps sacrificing a "fun" factor and less pronounced / impactful bass
- the Aeolus is particularly interesting, as it may provide that liquid honey midrange of the Atticus, but ease some of the potential mid-bass bloat / bleed as the open back design gives it some room to breath, and some of the sound waves to escape. This should also reduce the impact of cup resonance

If Verite goes after reference route, then i think denser woods like ebony or cocobolo will fully utilize the Beryllium speed and detail.... will bring the challenge to Utopia..... exciting times ahead fellas

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #23 of 9,512
Also more interested in the Aeolus myself, although the Verite is fascinating from a technical standpoint. Could potentially be a Utopia killer at a more reasonable price and better build quality - what’s not to like?

Some interesting matchups coming soon, including Verite/Utopia, Aeolus/Elear/Elex, Elegia/Atticus/Eikon. Good time to be in head-fi.

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #25 of 9,512
I am definitely interested in how the Verite compare to the Utopia.

Love how the Verite look.

Oct 3, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #26 of 9,512
Unfortunately no pics of Aeolus yet, we have three early protos that generally show the sound off for Rmaf, as soon as we get back from rmaf we will be able to build the final proto's and I'll take pics as well as put the info pages up.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 3, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #29 of 9,512
Super interested in both of these, but having just bought 2 ZMF headphones some months ago there's no way in hell I will be able to have one of these for quite a while.

Just based on the fancy name, vérité, it's obviously going for even more neutral than the Auteur (you know, cause 'truth' = neutral).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back