ZMF Verite Open
Feb 18, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #1,441 of 9,512
Unfortunately due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to miss out on CanJam. But it's exciting to see those waiting for their sets were able to listen and loved it.

On a side note, I originally planned to use my time at CanJam to listen to various tube amps. Anyone recommend something to go along with my GSX mk2? I know known favorites are the DNA and Glenn amps, but as far as I know those have very long turn over rates (as expected for how good I hear they are). Majority here seem to be tube owners so I figured I'd ask whats been good to their Verite cans.

I repeatedly heard various headphones through the Cayin HA-300. I'm up in the air about the chrome look of it (chrome wrapping outside of volume pot, for example). But the sound is most impressive:
https://7review.com/cayin-ha-300-review/

Also got seriously wowed by the Auris Nirvana. Not in love w/white leather wrapping the main amp/preamp unit & transformers...but the sound was amazing. No idea what it costs...didn't have the nerve to even ask:
http://aurisaudio.rs/en/products/headphone-amplifiers/nirvana

Tube amps were actually part of what IMO is a real trend at CanJam:
  • More and more vendors are using endgame tube amps--sometimes in conjunction w/endgame SS, something not
  • The amps themselves seem to get larger and larger. In some cases they're actually bigger than trad 2-channel components, way too big for all but the biggest desktop
  • Cost goes sky-high
In a related trend, I saw a couple of extremely attractive, good sounding SE vertical tube amps: one by Cayin (not new); the other a new-to-me unit by Auris (beautiful wood sides). Vertical has distinct advantages for placement in my experience.

Feb 19, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #1,442 of 9,512
Unfortunately due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to miss out on CanJam. But it's exciting to see those waiting for their sets were able to listen and loved it.

On a side note, I originally planned to use my time at CanJam to listen to various tube amps. Anyone recommend something to go along with my GSX mk2? I know known favorites are the DNA and Glenn amps, but as far as I know those have very long turn over rates (as expected for how good I hear they are). Majority here seem to be tube owners so I figured I'd ask whats been good to their Verite cans.

Many Eddie Current owners (myself included) can vouch for the synergy with ZMF. Lead times are generally a few months. Up there with DNA and Glenn. I couldn't decide which I liked better with ZMF between my ZDS and the DNA Stratus.

Feb 19, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #1,443 of 9,512
Just ordered Verite from my local dealer and they will arrive in few weeks. So in the meantime can anyone tell me how is Verite sound compare to Ether 2?

Feb 19, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #1,444 of 9,512
Just ordered Verite from my local dealer and they will arrive in few weeks. So in the meantime can anyone tell me how is Verite sound compare to Ether 2?
Well in a week and a half I can say better as both will be at my meet as Zach will be there with all the ZMF goodness and a pair of Ether2’s will also be there. Heard them both at RMAF from one of my favorite amps (Amps and Sound Kenzie) and boy it was a hard choice to decide which one I liked better and still don’t know if I have. Just love the highs on the Ethers and mids are just awesome the Verites are better with the bass and the mids are probably a wash between the two. This is all by memory and I have slept since then so take it with a grain of salt please. Both are fantastic headphones

Feb 25, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #1,448 of 9,512
I have the Meze Empyrean on loan for a week,and its a very fine sounding headphone,but Im glad I bought the Verite.
They have similar sound signatures,and could happily live with either as my end game headphone,but the Verite has a taller and wider stage. Slightly deeper as well. Better separation. More sub bass presence,and better texture.

I will give speed and comfort to the Empyrean.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #1,449 of 9,512
I have the Meze Empyrean on loan for a week,and its a very fine sounding headphone,but Im glad I bought the Verite.
They have similar sound signatures,and could happily live with either as my end game headphone,but the Verite has a taller and wider stage. Slightly deeper as well. Better separation. More sub bass presence,and better texture.

I will give speed and comfort to the Empyrean.

Very interesting. How would you compare the detail/resolution?

Feb 26, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #1,450 of 9,512
Very interesting. How would you compare the detail/resolution?

I will compare again tonight and let you know,as that aspect isnt high on my personal list of priorities.
What I can say last night as I was switching back and forth,at one point I caught myself just enjoying the music for a good 5-10 minutes,as opposed to being critical,and not really being conscious of which pair I was wearing. Realizing it was the Verite,I forced myself to go back to the Meze...so for me,musicality and enjoyment goes to Verite as well.

Feb 26, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #1,451 of 9,512
Man, I can't wait to get my Verite's so I can listen to them on my latest acquisition:

Was listening to my Auteur's on them and they sounded absolutely PHENOMENAL. No wonder Zach likes to use DNA amps to demo at shows.

giphy.gif

IMG_20190226_212836.jpg

Verite's should be here in a few weeks. For now I'll just have to settle with listening to Auteur's, so don't feel too bad for me... :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #1,453 of 9,512
giphy.gif

Verite's should be here in a few weeks. For now I'll just have to settle with listening to Auteur's, so don't feel too bad for me... :wink:

*Clutches pearls*

Oh yeah, you're in for a good time.

Feb 27, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #1,454 of 9,512
giphy.gif

Congrats on that beauty....good times ahead :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back