ZMF Verite Open
Oct 5, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #106 of 9,512
Different sound for sure. More forward w/o getting out of the ZMF house sound. Very immediate “pop”. Floaty, holographic stage. I think it will be great for metal as well. Will get more impressions here as time allows!
That's definitely the $64,000 question: how does the Verite compare to the Auteur. Because for all intents and purposes the Auteur has been widely regarded as *the* ZMF flagship before any hint of the Verite came to light. So, interesting to hear if the two will be complementary, or if the Verite is intended as a direct upgrade over the Auteur.

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #107 of 9,512
I believe Zach did say that the Vérité are differently voiced than the Auteur and not meant to replace them.

“ They are quite different. I didn't want to come out with a headphone that replaced another. Not my intention in building these. Remember I have to expand my personal collection of headphones too haha! “

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #108 of 9,512
I believe Zach did say that the Vérité are differently voiced than the Auteur and not meant to replace them.

“ They are quite different. I didn't want to come out with a headphone that replaced another. Not my intention in building these. Remember I have to expand my personal collection of headphones too haha! “
Thanks, so the question is: different how? Strengths and weaknesses, so to speak, compared to Auteur.

Oct 7, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #110 of 9,512
Any more impressions?
The Verite is Eikon on steroid and armed with big sound stage. The Verite punches hard down low and can reach pretty high. On a warm amp like the Ampandsound Mogwai that Zach has at the show, it sounds wonderful. It out-resolves and out-images the Auteur to the point that the Auteur sounds a bit boring and fuzzy (only in comparison)

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #111 of 9,512
The Verite is Eikon on steroid and armed with big sound stage. The Verite punches hard down low and can reach pretty high. On a warm amp like the Ampandsound Mogwai that Zach has at the show, it sounds wonderful. It out-resolves and out-images the Auteur to the point that the Auteur sounds a bit boring and fuzzy (only in comparison)

Wow, how does it compare to utopia or planars like abyss or lcd3/4?

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #112 of 9,512
Would you say the bass is leaner or thicker than the Auteur? And how is it’s punchiness / thwack?

Trying to ascertain if the Verite leans more toward the Auteur in terms of bass or more toward Audeze.

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #114 of 9,512
The Utopia resolves better and has better separation, which is what you'd expect of pure Beryllium vs vapor-deposited Beryllium. I own the Utopia and like it better, but it's also almost 2x price. The Verite however handles the rumbles at the low end better. There is no LCD at Zach's tabe so I can't say much about direct comparison, but I remember trying on the LCD-4Z at Woo Audio's table. The midrange seemed smoother than that of the Verite.

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #115 of 9,512
The Utopia resolves better and has better separation, which is what you'd expect of pure Beryllium vs vapor-deposited Beryllium. I own the Utopia and like it better, but it's also almost 2x price. The Verite however handles the rumbles at the low end better. There is no LCD at Zach's tabe so I can't say much about direct comparison, but I remember trying on the LCD-4Z at Woo Audio's table. The midrange seemed smoother than that of the Verite.

Does it hit harder or rumble more than eikon in the low end ?

Oct 7, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #116 of 9,512

seems the Utopia superior on resolution..... wonder how Verite compares to Mrspeakers Ether 2??

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #117 of 9,512
I feel like this price impression on the Utopia is somewhat out of date. It can be had for $2,500. They are very much competing with each other, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back