ZMF Verite Open
Aug 27, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #6,706 of 9,506
It wasn't as dark as I'd hoped
If they're like my silk Verite they'll darken over time. They were pretty light colored 2 years ago when I got them used and now they're more of a mocha color which I like much more.

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #6,707 of 9,506
If they're like my silk Verite they'll darken over time. They were pretty light colored 2 years ago when I got them used and now they're more of a mocha color which I like much more.
I'm glad to hear that! I was wondering how long it would take for them to get to that level of patina. It'll be neat to see how they look in 5~10+ years

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #6,709 of 9,506
Got my VO today! Sapele with copper rods. It wasn't as dark as I'd hoped but not as light as I'd feared either. Best I can do while avoiding the heavier woods I suppose. Looks as pretty as it sounds:

1630030744127.png
1630030779446.png
1630030819324.png

Noice Bokehhhh!!!!!!!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 27, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #6,710 of 9,506
I have the exact same configuration in the works, except after a lot of deliberation I opted for untreated copper. Tough choice but obviously sexy either way!
Hold up! Does the untreated copper change color to that beautiful blueish patina???? If so, sign me up! That would be awesome.

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #6,711 of 9,506
Hold up! Does the untreated copper change color to that beautiful blueish patina???? If so, sign me up! That would be awesome.
If I'm not mistaken, the copper will patina whether you go treated or untreated. The treated copper is just already further along the oxidization process. I'd love to be corrected if I'm wrong. And I just realized the post I replied to and quoted earlier wasn't a direct response about my copper comment. An email I got at work made it look that way. Got distracted seeing those Vérité photos 😍 lol

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #6,713 of 9,506
Looking to get a Verite as a gift to myself for finishing medical school in 2 years!

Maybe there will be a new flagship by then :wink:?
Yes think you should get something to reward yourself after graduation.

An interesting question regarding what is the next ZMF flagship. Wonder what is the imminent pipeline for Zach; besides the usual rotation of exotic woods in ZMF Nov.

Aug 30, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #6,714 of 9,506
Some woods (not all) will darken significantly with sufficient light exposure. Probably the best known for this is cherry wood, but other woods will darken, too.

My office is always very dim (on purpose) with no direct sunlight reaching any headphone. So the wood color of my ZMFs doesn't change...or if it changed, it's to subtle to notice.

Aug 30, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #6,716 of 9,506
I wish the mids weren't so recessed. Using EQ on a high end headphone is a bit annoying. At least it's not as much of a recession as LCDs have.
The Tuba amp and Pendant for me make this a non-issue.

Aug 30, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #6,717 of 9,506
The Tuba amp and Pendant for me make this a non-issue.
Good ole tuba. I miss that amp. Unfortunately i sold mine before i got my VO, but my Auteur sounded lovely with it.

Aug 30, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #6,718 of 9,506
I wish the mids weren't so recessed. Using EQ on a high end headphone is a bit annoying. At least it's not as much of a recession as LCDs have.
Which pads are you using? My vo doesnt sound recessed in the mids. I am using be2 lamb perf pads.

Aug 30, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #6,719 of 9,506
Which pads are you using? My vo doesnt sound recessed in the mids. I am using be2 lamb perf pads.
Yea, maybe just some recessed upper mids depending on the pads? Even then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back