ZMF Verite Open
Jun 29, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #6,512 of 9,507
Been rocking out on it all day. And yes, I agree. It's awesome.

I have whittled down my collection at work and it's my only headphone I use now at the office...which is 3-6 hours per day of listening.

My comment that isn't remotely bright is not a criticism. If anything, it makes it a great 'all-day' headphone that also happens to be suuuuper-premium in all respects.

As much as I love the Utopia or HD 800, I don't like really long listening sessions with those headphones.

Attachments

• 16249973337398541930451051073971.jpg
    16249973337398541930451051073971.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 29, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #6,513 of 9,507
Jun 29, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #6,514 of 9,507
Been rocking out on it all day. And yes, I agree. It's awesome.

I have whittled down my collection at work and it's my only headphone I use now at the office...which is 3-6 hours per day of listening.

My comment that isn't remotely bright is not a criticism. If anything, it makes it a great 'all-day' headphone that also happens to be suuuuper-premium in all respects.

As much as I love the Utopia or HD 800, I don't like really long listening sessions with those headphones.
I never took your comment as critical. I was just being tongue in cheek as a Verite/ZMF fan. The intent was very light-hearted.

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #6,516 of 9,507
i believed is a silkwood one, a bit aged one

and its getting prettier...
Also having an early silk model with little variation within it, I'd been just thinking this lately. It was my least interesting wood-wise of the ZMFs I've had to me, and was a lighter wood which is something I generally disliked. Over time they've become much darker and now are much more elegant and part of the grain have appeared in dark lines when they previously weren't visible. Regularly polishing them up and keeping them in a room which gets tons of sun, but none directly on the Verite, did indeed darken and improve them as I'd hoped.

Jun 30, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #6,517 of 9,507
Also having an early silk model with little variation within it, I'd been just thinking this lately. It was my least interesting wood-wise of the ZMFs I've had to me, and was a lighter wood which is something I generally disliked. Over time they've become much darker and now are much more elegant and part of the grain have appeared in dark lines when they previously weren't visible. Regularly polishing them up and keeping them in a room which gets tons of sun, but none directly on the Verite, did indeed darken and improve them as I'd hoped.
I see the polish that being recommended is not available,
any particular alternative for my VO Silkwood ?

Jun 30, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #6,518 of 9,507
I see the polish that being recommended is not available,
any particular alternative for my VO Silkwood ?
Mine is finished with Tru Oil and I can't get Mohawk penthouse polish sent to where I live so Martin polish & cleaner was recommended and works well.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #6,520 of 9,507
Just got my VO Desert Ironwood Monday after ordering on 31 May, so far loving the sound out of the box. Later will compare to my Z1r. Glad to be part of the ZMF club. This is a dream come true for me.
Nice! What hardware did you get with it? It really is a classy looking VO. See my avatar.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #6,522 of 9,507
I am listening to an LTA Z-10 another dream come true, my dac will be a bitfrost 2, right now using a dragonfly red for now. maybe in the future will upgrade DAC, but right now broke lol
I think he meant what finish on the grills and rods? Black, stainless steel, brass?

Jul 1, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #6,524 of 9,507
Black grills and rods nothing fancy.
I’m sure they look very nice. Share some pics if you get a chance. I love seeing new ZMF cans. It’s like eye candy, lol.

I’m not sure what your experience will be but I have both this version of the VO and a VC in Camphor Burl and the VO edges out just slightly and I swear it’s the Desert Ironwood with its hardness that gives it the edge, but that could just be me. My VO has the deep end, airiness, and soundstage which is what all the VC owners say they like over the VO.

I use the BE2 Hybrid ear pads with them and it’s a match made in heaven for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back