ZMF Verite Open
Oct 3, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #48 of 9,512
How about the Cocobolo Auteur outstanding !

Yeah, these two woods are very, very close sonically on the Auteur. The notes really pop on both of them because of the hardness of the wood.

So glad you and Zach were able to hear each other’s work. Match made in heaven, IMO!

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #49 of 9,512
The Hype Train is real. :steam_locomotive:

giphy.gif

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #51 of 9,512
@zach915m if those Aeolus prototype design variations are purely aesthetic, perhaps it would be wise to let the customers have some input on what they like? Unless thats not the case, or you have a vision in mind of course. Either way, I cant wait to see it. I know i shouldnt buy it, but i know i probably will. Best of luck zach!

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #52 of 9,512
Yeah, these two woods are very, very close sonically on the Auteur. The notes really pop on both of them because of the hardness of the wood.

So glad you and Zach were able to hear each other’s work. Match made in heaven, IMO!
Amen.

A perfect Union.

Like Turkey and High C

Oct 3, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #53 of 9,512
Oh, my aching ... wallet :)

Seriously, can the Verite drive my Utopia off the wall?

My punt on this is Utopia will be more consistent in level of detail, texture, freq response and maybe slightly more resolving.... Verite will be more natural sounding, less bright (depending on hardness of wood) and due to the natural material it uses the bass maybe bigger, sweeter in exchange for slight drop in detail and attack compared to Utopia....

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #54 of 9,512
Like Turkey and High C

Ya know,this Thanksgiving my wife is gonna ask what I want and imma gonna tell her "Honey,grab some High C"

Shes gonna think i've lost my mind.

Will report back.

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #56 of 9,512
You should never regret that purchase, lol! Blackwood Auteur is phenomenal.

Don't plan to get the Verite, Utopia uses the same material and that not my taste. I know Zach uses wood housing but metallic diaphragm isn't my cup of tea.

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #57 of 9,512
My punt on this is Utopia will be more consistent in level of detail, texture, freq response and maybe slightly more resolving.... Verite will be more natural sounding, less bright (depending on hardness of wood) and due to the natural material it uses the bass maybe bigger, sweeter in exchange for slight drop in detail and attack compared to Utopia....
I guess we’ll see.

Of course the other question is how close Verite will be to Auteur. To my ears, Auteur are pretty close to Utopia, so if Verite are in between,..

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #58 of 9,512
Don't plan to get the Verite, Utopia uses the same material and that not my taste. I know Zach uses wood housing but metallic diaphragm isn't my cup of tea.
It's a PEN driver with a beryllium surface coating if that changes anything for you

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #59 of 9,512

So you've heard the Verite then and can make this statement based on in depth, personal impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back