ZMF Verite Open
Nov 19, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #571 of 9,512
Nov 19, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #572 of 9,512
Well I gave in and ordered a pair of Pheasantwood with silver grills. Pretty excited to see how these stack up to my E2's. From the impressions I have read both E2 and Verite will give the Utopia a serious run for its money.

Nov 19, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #573 of 9,512
Well I gave in and ordered a pair of Pheasantwood with silver grills. Pretty excited to see how these stack up to my E2's. From the impressions I have read both E2 and Verite will give the Utopia a serious run for its money.

I'll be able to compare all 3 in a few days.

Nov 19, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #574 of 9,512
One thing that won me over on ZMF cans was the artistry of the wood work. My father's hobby was wood crafting, and knowing the work that goes into it to make something as beautiful as my Autuer makes it much more than just a headphone to me. I like to hold it, look at the light coming off the grain, kind of a visceral thing. Granted, would not have placed an order for the Verite had the Autuer sounded bad, but for me the craftsmanship of a ZMF an will beat out a Utopoia, Sennheiser and the likes quite easily.

Nov 19, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #575 of 9,512
I'll be able to compare all 3 in a few days.

Awesome! E2 are an amazing pair of headphones. I think Mrspeakers really achieved a lot with them. I had been on audio hiatus for a while and did not know about ZMF previously. But I really like what I have read about them, plus it makes me happy to support smaller companies that are dedicated to their customers. My E2's came with the wrong cable and Dan reached out to me personally and got me sorted even though I ordered from a 3rd party. Stuff like that really matters IMO.

Nov 19, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #576 of 9,512
One thing that won me over on ZMF cans was the artistry of the wood work. My father's hobby was wood crafting, and knowing the work that goes into it to make something as beautiful as my Autuer makes it much more than just a headphone to me. I like to hold it, look at the light coming off the grain, kind of a visceral thing. Granted, would not have placed an order for the Verite had the Autuer sounded bad, but for me the craftsmanship of a ZMF an will beat out a Utopoia, Sennheiser and the likes quite easily.
Couldn’t agree more. These are artisanal sculptures as much as they are headphones. Combined with their phenomenal performance, comfort and build quality, Zach is making pieces that are worth far more than just the sum of their parts.

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #577 of 9,512
Thanks Zach for the for the order update sheet.

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #578 of 9,512
Thanks Zach for the for the order update sheet.

I wasn't expecting that, its pretty cool you can track them that way. It was also really cool to see what everyone else ordered. Looks like the polished steel grill are a favorite for sure.

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #579 of 9,512
I wasn't expecting that, its pretty cool you can track them that way. It was also really cool to see what everyone else ordered. Looks like the polished steel grill are a favorite for sure.

Yeah, there was also one person who ordered with bronze grills! I didn't even know that was a thing ._.

Also, does anyone know what the "PayPal" orders at the beginning are?

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #580 of 9,512

Just imagine how much Sennheiser or Focal would charge if they had to have a team of artisans to do the woodwork/assembly that ZMF does.

giphy.gif

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #581 of 9,512
The Gilmore lite I know a couple people who actually like the tonality more because the transients are less aggressive, and it's sounds a little warmer than the GSX because of this. But the GSX has more weight, faster transient edges, and a little truer timbre (as well as being more 3d). For all intensive purposes the Gilmore punches well above it's weight though and gets you in the ballpark of that sound for a fraction of the price. It's just a nice unit.
Lmao

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #584 of 9,512

Users who are viewing this thread

Back