ZMF Verite Open
Jul 8, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #4,771 of 9,506
I browsed a few of acorn UK's Leopardwood stock and I believe they had the dark stain and black chassis/rod. But the product page is down and I can't find them anymore. Anyone else mind weighing in?

The images from that product page (google has a cache) look much darker than my pair, but it could be the light, I can ask Aamer if he has details of the staining used - the product card just notes they are coated with Osmo (but that could be coloured vs clear, I think).

They are heavier than my Aelous (by about 100grams I think to about 550g) but are oddly more comfortable. I’ll put them on my kitchen scales for you later... ! :)

Jul 8, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #4,772 of 9,506
The images from that product page (google has a cache) look much darker than my pair, but it could be the light, I can ask Aamer if he has details of the staining used - the product card just notes they are coated with Osmo (but that could be coloured vs clear, I think).

They are heavier than my Aelous (by about 100grams I think to about 550g) but are oddly more comfortable. I’ll put them on my kitchen scales for you later... ! :)

Almost nailed it... 549g. What’s 1g between friends? :)

Jul 8, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #4,773 of 9,506
I appreciate it. Thanks for doing that. It looks like the leopardwood strikes a balance between the heavier ironwood and the lighter monkeypod.

Jul 8, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #4,774 of 9,506
I appreciate it. Thanks for doing that. It looks like the leopardwood strikes a balance between the heavier ironwood and the lighter monkeypod.

I have a leopardwood HP stand, and I must say, that is one gorgeous wood. It's also rather hard: Janka hardness is 2,150, more than other exotic hardwoods like padauk, purpleheart, wenge, etc.

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #4,775 of 9,506

No problem. They are very comfy and feel solid, more so than the Aeolus but that’s hardly surprising given they are an open back.

The Leopardwood weren’t much more expensive (given how much you need to spend already) and the acoustics are a bit different - “The acoustic presence of Leopardwood is one of a harder density, with larger pores that give a fast transient attack, with natural decay.” (I believe a quote from ZMF). To be honest though, I preferred their looks and that seems important with ZMF headphones given how unique they are compared to other offerings.

If the VC is your model of choice, then I don’t think you can go wrong with the Leopardwood.

Jul 10, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #4,776 of 9,506
No problem. They are very comfy and feel solid, more so than the Aeolus but that’s hardly surprising given they are an open back.

The Leopardwood weren’t much more expensive (given how much you need to spend already) and the acoustics are a bit different - “The acoustic presence of Leopardwood is one of a harder density, with larger pores that give a fast transient attack, with natural decay.” (I believe a quote from ZMF). To be honest though, I preferred their looks and that seems important with ZMF headphones given how unique they are compared to other offerings.

If the VC is your model of choice, then I don’t think you can go wrong with the Leopardwood.
I agree, the Leopardwood looks and sounds great.

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #4,777 of 9,506
My Verite just shipped!!

Here are some pictures of my camphor burl Verite Zach took for me before boxing it up.

It's been a long journey, but along the way, Zach has been very receptive and understanding to my inquiries.
_DSC5060.JPG_DSC5062.JPG_DSC5063.JPG_DSC5061.JPG

And here's to hoping they sound as gorgeous as they look.

Matching Pendant should be shipping soon as well, and I have high hopes for that one too.

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #4,778 of 9,506
My Verite just shipped!!

Here are some pictures of my camphor burl Verite Zach took for me before boxing it up.

It's been a long journey, but along the way, Zach has been very receptive and understanding to my inquiries.

Matching Pendant should be shipping soon as well, and I have high hopes for that one too.

Is that the default stain color?

They are gorgeous.....I am slowly moving up the build progress sheet!
jc

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #4,779 of 9,506
Is that the default stain color?

They are gorgeous.....I am slowly moving up the build progress sheet!
jc

I believe that's the default stain. All I can say is hang in there.

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #4,780 of 9,506
Jul 11, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #4,781 of 9,506
My Verite just shipped!!

Zach has definitely hit a home run with this wood, it is just simply stunning!

Jul 11, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #4,782 of 9,506
My Verite just shipped!!

Isnt that photo from the site as well ?

Jul 11, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #4,783 of 9,506
Isnt that photo from the site as well ?

Zack: here are some pics.

Me: Are those ZMF sample? Or my specific set?

Zack: It's your set. I took them right before I boxed them.

Jul 11, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #4,784 of 9,506
So I finally had a chance to set up my Schiit Modius and Topping A90 stack your try with the VO. NOT BAD :darthsmile:

The pairing is a little brighter than my tube amp, but I like the different flavor.

Jul 11, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #4,785 of 9,506
So I finally had a chance to set up my Schiit Modius and Topping A90 stack your try with the VO. NOT BAD :darthsmile:

The pairing is a little brighter than my tube amp, but I like the different flavor.

I also have the A90. Great amp. What made you go with Modius as opposed to d90/a90 stack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back