1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Verite

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by heliosphann, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242
244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253
Next

Last
  1. jawks
    Yes, I've read and heard so much about the Glenn OTL and how it's supposed to be great with the ZMF line. I've never had a chance to hear one myself either.

My Decware CSP2 works beautifully with my Auteur, which I understand is a more neutral headphone than the Verite, so I was a bit taken back when it didn't sound as good as my iDSD Pro with the Verite.

2. RMarks271
    thank you!

3. heliosphann
    They can be a bit finicky when matching amps. Even with the GOTL, you'll find a tube roll once and a while where they just don't sound great. Not sure why the CSP2 isn't gelling with the Verite, sometimes that's the mystery (and magic) of this hobby.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    JM1979 and jawks like this.
  4. nwavesailor
    Are the lambskin Verite pads you prefer the 'perforated' version on the ZMF site?

5. nishan99
    Yes, the extra ones they included with the Verite.

6. nishan99
    Not all OTLs are rolled off on the top nor do the tubes, matching is the key.

jinxy245 and heliosphann like this.
  7. nwavesailor
    OK! So I will get the lambskin as one 2 pairs with the VO?

8. heliosphann
    The stock Verite Open pads are Verite perforated lambskin and Universe perforated lambskin. The VO needs perforated pads for it's tuning.

nishan99 likes this.
  9. nwavesailor
    Got it!

I was under the impression that there were 3-4 (or more) versions of ZMF pads that would work on the VO's.

10. heliosphann
    They're are, and if you order new you can most likely swap them in (or add them to your order). There's the unofficial "B" pads, which are in-between the Universe and Verite pads. There's also the Universe perforated suede pads which are listed on the site.

I think those are basically your choices. I think Zach made a few Verite perforated suede pads, but I never heard them.

11. nwavesailor
    I will get the 2 pairs (with VO) that most folks think are the best options at any rate.

Years ago I had HifiMan 400S with several OEM HM pads as well as BrainWavz aftermarket. (SOLD)

Nighthawks with all 3 sets of pads. (given to a friend)

Ether 2 with 3 sets (SOLD)

Currently have Empy's also with 2 pairs.

VO will have 2 sets and I will see how I like OEM A vs. B. I am trying to avoid buying several more optional pads sets and settling on the the one pair that I prefer as I have done on most of the hp I have owned.

I suppose the only way I will know (for SURE) what I prefer, is to go down the ZMF rabbit hole :rabbit:that is lined with pads!!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Pharmaboy and heliosphann like this.
  12. qboogie
    Just got the Verite Opens a few hours ago. I'm using the verite pads. I am hearing precisely what you are describing here about the upper midrange (well put!). Vocals lose a little bit more presence than I am used to, but I am hoping it improves a little bit with burn-in.

The stage width is a little better than my LCD-X at this point, but not close to the HD800S, however I have never experienced image depth of this magnitude in my life. Sounds coming from behind me? Wow. Didn't know that could happen. I am very impressed.

bryceu, heliosphann and nishan99 like this.
  13. qboogie
    Also big shout out to ZMF/Zach for supplying both XLR and 1/4 inch cables

14. LoryWiv
    Tomorrow never knows!:smile_phones:

Pharmaboy and jinxy245 like this.
  15. RMarks271
    Congrats! Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on vocal presentation/performance as you get used to the cans.

First

Back
233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242
244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253
Next

Last