1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Verite

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by heliosphann, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last
  1. Pharmaboy
    I found just about the best, most rational approach to cables when buying any ZMF headphone is to start w/a 3M length of Zach's OFC cable. It's his midrange option, a few steps above stock & a step below his or others' higher priced options. I purchased 2 of them, use them all the time. They accomplish exactly what I needed: a useful better-than-stock cable I can switch among my 4 audeze/ZMF-style headphones. When you purchase any ZMF headphone, you can get the OFC cable at a significant discount at the same time (1/3 to 1/2 off the usual price). A very good deal.

I also have a very nice (sonically and physically) upgrade cable that's a little better than the OFC: ForzaAudioWorks HCP Noir (2M + a SE-to-balanced "pigtail"). It's slightly better than the OFC and significantly better than stock. There are others that are as good if not a little better (Norne cables; Lavricables). I stopped at the ForzaAudioWorks because I didn't want to drop >$500 on a cable. But if that doesn't bother you, I've heard the flat-out best is the Lazuli (copper) or more expensive Lazuli Reference (copper/silver). Hansotek has written about those...

2. LCMusicLover
    As I mentioned, opinions vary. :ksc75smile:

novisnick likes this.
  3. wazzupi
    I heard some mytek including the brooklyn at canjam NYC this year. But not too much.

4. novisnick
    Speaking of throwing money, Im somewhat familiar with a NAA, I went with the sotm sms-200 Ultra SE! What a great investment! Imvery familier with your snicker, most dont have a clue about the clearity and inriched SQ of our systems . I have a Pink Faun galvanic isolator before the ethernet input to the Ultra and then the Ultra has an advanced word clock, the Ultra feeds my Brooklyn which has duel mono DACs and is balanced. It too has an internal galvanic isolator.
    Don’t need an amp as the balanced out HP amp is 6 watts.
    I feed 5 amps to the Ultra using a sps-500 SMps and the Brooklyn DAC has an external sBooster to supply it. No power drain from either of these devices as a Mac Minimsupplies the Roon player and Tidal. External Hard drive with my music fed over the network.

Love it all, Brooklyn feeds line out to my tubes and speakers or ZMF Auteurs HP.
    I’d just like to hear other DACs but ive realized I’d need a HP amp too! Where does it end damn it?!

5. ProfFalkin
    I think half this thread should be moved to the DAC section.

Wes S, pure5152, BaseRobber and 4 others like this.
  6. jgwtriode
    [​IMG]
    Wow I am impressed...serious stuff...I wouldnt even know where to begin with that! Which is why Im pushing USB.

Anyway I doubt it ever ends. I suspect that is the nature of the beast!

The Verite does seem to be a substantial jump in technology over the Auteur! I love my Auteur Blackwoods...but
    Improved Bass, transient attack and an electrostatic-like holographic soundstage l..as well as more detail...

And you know Zach will painstakingly tune the hell out of it....or more correctly the heaven into it!

I was planning on an after Christmas AC line conditioning upgrade and repowercabling...but that will wait.

I'm stuffing the piggy bank as best I can to make it by the deadline for preorder of those lovely polished Steel Pheasentwoods

You know thats apparently the wood that hawaiians use to make the best Ukeleles. How can anyone possibly resist that!

Whats a couple thousand plus compared to all of that????

Happy Listening!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  7. novisnick
    No, I’ve found no Sabre glare at all. The implementation of the quad DACs were done properly. The sound is more pleasing, leaning away from the Sabre and more towers a Burr-Brown in many ways.

8. wazzupi
    No reviews i see..

9. LCMusicLover
    Final tuning not complete. There's actually a bunch of noise over that -- should Zach be circulating pre-production/prototype units and using feedback to finalize the tuning? Personally, I think it's great, and consistent with his overall approach. I just wish I wasn't so remote and could participate.

So it makes sense that there are no formal reviews yet. That said, pre-orders start in less than 9 days, so there may not be any reviews by then. Yoda says: "Unfortunate, that is." :triportsad:

jinxy245 and wazzupi like this.
  10. ProfFalkin
    Final tuning of the headphone hasn't hit many reviewer's hands yet. The pre-production version I had was sent back to have adjustments and final tuning applied. Should have a final version in hand soon - tomorrow hopefully. I bet you'll see some pretty good reviews from people before pre-orders start on the 16th.

Wildcatsare1, jinxy245 and wazzupi like this.
  11. LCMusicLover
    So the tuning is final now? That's great news. I (and many others) look forward to reviews. Of course my wallet is hoping you all think it sucks :ksc75smile:

ProfFalkin and wazzupi like this.
  12. wazzupi
    Great news !

13. ProfFalkin
    It's better than air. Life is not worth living without Verite. If you don't buy one, you'll get cancer. :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though, if he tweaked the thing I think he tweaked, it's going to be a seriously awesome headphone. I'll go into the specifics once I can review the final version.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Wes S, lithiumnk and jinxy245 like this.
  14. jgwtriode
    Of course it will be....would not expect anything less of Zach! The Verite will be ridiculous good and worth
    every penny because frankly Zach wouldn't put his name on it if it were not!

Happy Listening!

Wes S, FunctionalDoc and wazzupi like this.
  15. lithiumnk
    Any comparison to audiotechnica adx5000 and utopia will be of great help.
    Planning to buy a flagship dynamic.
    Thanks

First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last