1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Verite

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by heliosphann, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236
238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247
Next

Last
  1. bryceu
    What interface is this? I'm using Peace GUI.

2. nishan99
    It's the stock Equalizer APO

Darthpool and bryceu like this.
  3. jinxy245
    Could it be warm up? Many (most? all?) tube amps benefit from warming up the tubes & circuits. Maybe Mjolnir 2benefits from a little extra?

Just a shot in the dark....there are so many things that actually influence our listening experiences....

4. RMarks271
    Having read every page of this informative and entertaining thread over the past couple of weeks, and having spoken to Zach at length, I'm going to end up with a pair of Verite's at some point over the next couple of months.

What I'd like to know is about amp match-up, and people's thoughts. Could you name the amps you have found that go very well with the Verites - most likely tubes (for me), but SS as well - and the prices they would be.

I'm considering the Pendant, so in that sort of price-range, but anything from £1k to £2k.

I know many people have raved about the Glen amps and DNA amps - could you let me know how to contact either Glen or DNA, and what sort of prices those amps would be? This is likely to be a one-off purchase, after a number of years building up into the audio world.

Thanks very much!

aloki and nishan99 like this.
  5. Dipesh
    I currently use Ampsandsound Mogwai SE.. and it is amazing.

bryceu likes this.
  6. bryceu
    I think it's a matter of getting more experience and acquaintance, and allowing my preconceptions to not interfere.

But I generally leave it on for at least 15-30 minutes before I get into listening.

jinxy245 likes this.
  7. johnnypaddock
    I really enjoy the Pendant matched up with Verité. It has great speed, clarity, dynamics and presence. Definitely not on the "romantic" side of the spectrum.

I owned a DNA Stratus briefly. It is an extremely nice amp with a beautiful sound presentation, but it didn't match the life and visceral impact that I get from the Pendant.

jinxy245 likes this.
  8. Bonddam
    I bought the Pendant for my Verite and it was best choice I made. Also the Pendant handles my planar's.

Wes S and bryceu like this.
  9. RMarks271
    Could you give me the dimensions and weight of the Pendant? I haven't been able to find them anywhere online.

10. RMarks271
    Did you audition any others before settling on the Pendant?

11. nishan99
    You can PM Glenn and get any info you want.
    The price for his OTL is between ~750-1500$ USD depending on the specs you want. The wait time I think around 6 months tho :)

jinxy245 likes this.
  12. Bonddam
    No there is no such thing in north east as auditioning goes. Well I could drive for 1 and 1/2 hours to NYC.

13. bryceu
    The first time I listened to the Verite was on the ZMF Pendant at SoCal CanJam 2019. I listened to many other combinations and this was probably my favorite from the day. I look forward to going back again next year to experience the, now familiar Verite sound, on many different higher-end amps. The Pendant is definitely on my radar, but I'll also be checking out A&S other offerings as well as Feliks Euforia which I enjoyed last year as well.

Wes S and Darthpool like this.
  14. Bonddam
    All my purchases done blind only going by word of mouth.

15. ProfFalkin
    I really like the pendant, although I don't own one. I would ask @zach915m what glass he uses in his demo pendant, as the one at RMAF was very good. It sounds cleaner and is a better pairing with the Verite than the Mogwei, IMO.

First

Back
227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236
238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247
Next

Last