1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Verite

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by heliosphann, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246
Next

Last
  1. Zachik
    Thanks! Never heard of this one before... interesting...

Darthpool likes this.
  2. Karnicopia
    I just picked up a verite open used from a member here and I really love the sound. I am new to headphones but I've been into home theater for a while so I knew I didn't want to work my way up through various levels until I found something I was happy with and these ZMF headphones just sounded perfect for the sound I like. I'm sensitive to harsh tweeters and I really love a more warm sound that is not fatiguing. I didn't really need the isolation of the closed and since the price made it possible I picked up a silkwood with black hardware from someone going to the VC.

I had a lot of fun pad rolling these came with the verite lambskin, universe labskin and universe suede and I spent a lot of time going back and forth. I think with both of the universe pads it created a peak somewhere in the treble which bothered me at higher volumes and for some reason the swede seemed to not sound as pronounced to me so I was settling on those but then I put the verite pads back on and I think these are the ones for me. The bass slams enough, the soundstage is still great for me and the highs seem perfect for me. If I got into EQ I could probably get that swede pad working as a great second option so I really appreciate some of the EQ settings people were posting because I don't have a great way to measure so that is a great starting point and I can use that and listen to some frequency sweeps. With the verite pads I think I'm good and I don't really need anything as far as EQ. Overall this was a really cool experience because I do feel I have two different sounds I can switch between and I do still really like both pads.

Overall these are becoming one of the favorite things I own I really love the sound I get out of them and they do look stunning. This is secondary to me but I really appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into these at every level. They are also amazingly light and comfortable and I am able to make the necessary adjustments when switching pads to get everything dialed in quickly. I have glasses which seem to not be an issue for these at all so I was glad about that. Some of the songs that really blew my mind on these is Touch by Daft Punk (although I did have universe pads when this got to me and I think that may be a big part of why), Eraser by NIN and that whole Ghosts album is great but I think ghosts 2 sounds like you buried your head in a piano so the dynamics and slam really shine in this one. Undun by Roots was amazing as well I love that whole album so I'd just play it straight through.

bryceu, jinxy245, Phantaminum and 4 others like this.
  3. bryceu
    I just received my Monoprice Monolith 887 and DAMN if it doesn't showcase the speedy capabilities of the Verite driver.
    The slam and punch is actually ridiculous. Details are razor sharp, precise, and clean. This may be the widest sound stage I have heard on the Verite as well, with plenty of air and space. Dynamics to boot, with an incredibly empty background.
    Frontal depth isn't quite as good as the Mjolnir 2, but the 887 is better in nearly every way except in the organics department.
    I think this is as close as I can conceivably get to the resolution end-game I've been chasing ever since I began the seemingly never-ending upgrade cycle a couple years back. While I admit I have heard systems with even more/sharper details and resolution (HPA4 + LCD4, or Phonitor X + Utopoia), the Verite actually does it while remaining enjoyable and pleasant.
    Very pleased :beerchug:

4. nwavesailor
    Nice, bryceu!

I'll be anxious see how well the Verite open pairs with my GS-X mini / Qutest!

bryceu likes this.
  5. bryceu
    I’m sure Even better. :)

6. CorvetteGarage
    End game sound/resolution from Verite and a 399.00 amp? Really?

7. bryceu
    The hypothetical end-game I was chasing when I upgraded from my first pair of HD6XX headphones to Focal Elear, Yes definitely.

Is Verite + 887 someone with an infinite budget's endgame? Of course not. I probably need your wallet for that :D

As for me and my humble budget, I think the Verite + 887 is exactly what I've been searching for.

metal571, robo24, Darthpool and 7 others like this.
  8. Dipesh
    Got my Verite , awaiting Naim Uniti Atom .. can't wait anymore

bryceu likes this.
  9. FireLion
    If you're looking for a bit more soul try an xduoo TA-10, extremely underated and a great secondary DAC amp to have alongside a THX. You can also use it's 4490 DAC. The THX does have some amazing qualities when you need it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    bryceu likes this.
  10. nwavesailor
    I get it CG. You have some really BIG $$$ gear and I'm sure it sounds great. If that gear is your end game, good. The Verite was not your cup of tea, fine. You have other hp that are a better match for you, great!

Others choose less costly gear, are content with their selection, and perhaps it is their end game, not yours.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    metal571, Darthpool, mixman and 2 others like this.
  11. Wes S
    Good stuff! That seems like a heck of an amp, for the money. I just looked at the specs, and it kicks out some power!

Darthpool and JM1979 like this.
  12. bryceu
    Yeah at $399 I think it’d be hard to beat. Last night it was the effortless subbass extension that stood out the most and had me really groovin to it.

JM1979 and Wes S like this.
  13. Wes S
    "Effortless subbass extension". . .YES PLEASE! :o2smile: I love me some good subbass, and will have to give this amp a try, with my ZMF's.

Darthpool and bryceu like this.
  14. mixman
    Isn't that the Monoprice version of the THX 789? Uh oh, if you think it's as good as the Mjolnir2, it may be back to the drawing board for me. Although it's not totally surprising cause I thought the the THX was better than the LP in many ways too.

Darthpool likes this.
  15. bryceu
    @mixman Yea basically Monoprice's answer to THX 789. I'm gonna give it a good amount of time before making any decisions on it, even though my early impressions were/are quite positive. On a side note, I feel like the Mj2 is being a chameleon on me right now. Even before the arrival of the 887, I'm finding it to be much less aggressive than I originally determined, finding more lush mids than I expected, a more romantic ambiance, and overall a quite natural/organic sound.

First

Back
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246
Next

Last