ZMF Verite Open
Oct 30, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #3,391 of 9,512
Another issue with my zmf order..

The 10ft xlr cable is either terminated wrongly or labeled wrongly, as the L and R channels are flipped.

Have checked with my other cables and cans, with familiar music.

Hmm..

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #3,393 of 9,512
Even you didn't say, I know you are comparing it with the TC..........Give it a break man. LOL

how does making a gripe over a cable issue make it a comparison with the TC?

I spent a good amount of money on these headphones and I think these are issues which shouldn't be there in the first place.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #3,395 of 9,512
Did you ask for the return window? Or exchange?

I'm in the midst of working out a solution with the local distributor who brought in the verite for me.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #3,396 of 9,512
how does making a gripe over a cable issue make it a comparison with the TC?

I spent a good amount of money on these headphones and I think these are issi ues which shouldn't be there in the first place.
Contact Zach not us we can't do anything for you. Zach handles this like a pro. I had a issue with cable and he sent me a replacement with no out of pocket expense.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #3,397 of 9,512
Contact Zach not us we can't do anything for you. Zach handles this like a pro. I had a issue with cable and he sent me a replacement with no out of pocket expense.

Err.. I'm not asking you guys to do anything at all. I'm just sharing this particular experience purchasing headphones.

Or is it only the good stuff you guys wanna hear or see? I figured people would wanna know potential issues and manufacturing issues that may arise when purchasing from a business/company but if not, then that'll be the last comment on defects/issues from me.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #3,398 of 9,512
Err.. I'm not asking you guys to do anything at all. I'm just sharing this particular experience purchasing headphones.

Or is it only the good stuff you guys wanna hear or see? I figured people would wanna know potential issues and manufacturing issues that may arise when purchasing from a business/company but if not, then that'll be the last comment on defects/issues from me.

Keep sharing bro. I dig seeing any negativity on Head-fi threads, damn I search for them when I researching my next purchase.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #3,399 of 9,512
There isn't any negatives about ZMF. See how Zach and Bevin handle it.

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #3,400 of 9,512
I think, you posting issues are fine, but you are now posting multiple issues spread over the forum. Which can come off “ranting”, I think a good approach would be to state “hey I’ve had these issues, I’m in the middle of working them out with the entity I purchased from, plus I’m contacting ZMF directly for possible resolution solutions. I will update once I’ve heard word from both the dealer and ZMF”. That way it isn’t just hey I have problems posts, but a, I have a problem let’s give the dealer and ZMF a chance to respond and I’ll keep everyone posted on the resolutions. Kind of like if you have a problem try and come with a possible solution as well. If you just come with problems it can come off as “whining” which I don’t think was your intent, you have legitimate issues you are reporting, let’s just keep everything civil, yeah, from all parties =) you have spent a lot of money on a luxury “hand crafted” item, you have every right to post your opinion and any issues, but it is also good to give the makers, sellers the opportunity to make any issues you are having the opportunity/time to resolve/respond to you.

First impressions can be tough to get past, but give the Verite some time and work with your dealer and ZMF I’m fairly positive you will enjoy these, or if not, request a refund and return them...me personally I do not prefer the sound of the Empyreans, but the build quality is very excellent. I do greatly prefer the VO and VC sound and find them beautiful even with any flaws, as I look at them as “sculptures” almost and pieces of handcrafted art. But to each their own, we all are wonderful unique snowflakes floating in a blizzard after all :wink:

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #3,401 of 9,512
I think, you posting issues are fine, but you are now posting multiple issues spread over the forum. Which can come off “ranting”, I think a good approach would be to state “hey I’ve had these issues, I’m in the middle of working them out with the entity I purchased from, plus I’m contacting ZMF directly for possible resolution solutions. I will update once I’ve heard word from both the dealer and ZMF”. That way it isn’t just hey I have problems posts, but a, I have a problem let’s give the dealer and ZMF a chance to respond and I’ll keep everyone posted on the resolutions. Kind of like if you have a problem try and come with a possible solution as well. If you just come with problems it can come off as “whining” which I don’t think was your intent, you have legitimate issues you are reporting, let’s just keep everything civil, yeah, from all parties =) you have spent a lot of money on a luxury “hand crafted” item, you have every right to post your opinion and any issues, but it is also good to give the makers, sellers the opportunity to make any issues you are having the opportunity/time to resolve/respond to you.

First impressions can be tough to get past, but give the Verite some time and work with your dealer and ZMF I’m fairly positive you will enjoy these, or if not, request a refund and return them...me personally I do not prefer the sound of the Empyreans, but the build quality is very excellent. I do greatly prefer the VO and VC sound and find them beautiful even with any flaws, as I look at them as “sculptures” almost and pieces of handcrafted art. But to each their own, we all are wonderful unique snowflakes floating in a blizzard after all :wink:

Ok that's fine and all and I get where you are coming from. But I fail to see how my two posts on this particular headphone and a cable defect in this one single thread comes off as posting multiple issues spread over the forum? I posted one single picture of the notable defects, and the other pictures I thought were actually quite nice.

I'm working out the issues with the local distributor. I don't see how me not posting that earlier changes anything at all unless people are expecting everything to be explained and/or sugar-coated. It doesn't change the fact that there were issues with my purchase.

Anyhow i guess some people like to hear experiences, negatives, and others don't. That's all I have on the matter. Will be dropping my headphones and cable off at the distributor so they can sort it out for me.

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #3,402 of 9,512
Darthpool, I too had the Empyreans and didn't care for them. Too much mid-bass for me. How would you compare the VO and VC to the Empyreans?

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #3,403 of 9,512
Darthpool, I too had the Empyreans and didn't care for them. Too much mid-bass for me. How would you compare the VO and VC to the Empyreans?
Way more detail, imaging and stage. Also for me they have better tonal balance and engagement factor. The Empyreans were lovely to have on the head and to look at, I just couldn’t get past the incoherence that they presented sound to my ears.

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #3,404 of 9,512
Ok that's fine and all and I get where you are coming from. But I fail to see how my two posts on this particular headphone and a cable defect in this one single thread comes off as posting multiple issues spread over the forum? I posted one single picture of the notable defects, and the other pictures I thought were actually quite nice.

I'm working out the issues with the local distributor. I don't see how me not posting that earlier changes anything at all unless people are expecting everything to be explained and/or sugar-coated. It doesn't change the fact that there were issues with my purchase.

Anyhow i guess some people like to hear experiences, negatives, and others don't. That's all I have on the matter. Will be dropping my headphones and cable off at the distributor so they can sort it out for me.
=) do you broseph! I was just trying to help no hard feelings

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #3,405 of 9,512
Thanks for the comparison. Which do you prefer, the VC or VO?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back