1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Verite

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by heliosphann, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
Next

Last
  1. zach915m
    Yeah the greatest change I notice too is bass control goes up and bloat goes down. I will have to put my AP rig to use and see what I can measure (if anything) at some-point with burn in.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
  2. Tinola
    Just received the Verite in Ziricote tonight. All I can say is that wow, the bass is great on these. The detail is unreal and the soundstage is pretty wide. These are easily the best headphones that I have tried. Great work, @zach915m !!! The attention to detail you put in each of your headphones is bar none.
    Pictures below(Potato pictures due to unfavorable lighting) :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry I have no idea how to resize the pictures. They're too large lol

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  3. Darthpool
    I use Photoshop Express for phone picture edits and re-sizing. A free app for iOS or Android, pretty easy to use photo editor =) Cheers!

4. ufospls2
    After sending back the review pair of Verite and Eikon, I've been missing the ZMF sound so much I sent Zach an email about a possible Verite purchase. Not sure if it will work out, but...maybe? We shall see. Such great headphones!

Wildcatsare1, Darthpool and UntilThen like this.
  5. ufospls2
    Are those copper grils? They look fantastic!

6. Tinola
    Thank you! Yep, they are copper grills. I can't wait until they patina! My unit are actually B-stocks but I couldn't tell that they are. That is why I was able to get the copper fittings for the headphones. I believe when Ziricote was the LTD wood, the copper and rose gold fittings were not available yet.

Darthpool likes this.
  7. Pharmaboy
    Never heard tehe HEK v2. But I have and love the HEX v2. The voicing of that headphone is ideal for me...and the soundstaging is downright spooky--instruments fly all around my head.

8. Pharmaboy
    Thanks to the efforts of @jinxy245 -- and the generous/flexibility of ZMF et al -- in the coming weeks I'll get an opportunity to hear both the VO & VC in my system. Extended listening, no quickies required.

As I own and love both the Eikon & HEX v2, you can bet I'll compare them to the "V's" ... w/my Ori & a borrowed Aeolus in the mix.

I may end up confused to the point where I need the assistance of a service dog just to get around. But I'm still looking forward to it like crazy.

9. Pharmaboy
    I wasn't thinking it makes Koalas drunk or high. I was thinking "What IS A DROP BEAR??"

Darthpool likes this.
  10. Monsterzero
    Hope your wallet is well padded,cuz its likely to take a big hit....or two. :wink:

jinxy245 likes this.
  11. Pharmaboy
    That's a handsome cable! Who made it?

bryceu likes this.
  12. heliosphann
    It's what happens when they get hangry!

Darthpool likes this.
  13. Torq
    It could be something like this:

Verite Closed - Bear Essentials (1024).jpg

Zach's fashioning and finishing of exotic woods is inarguably impressive; but my wife hacks these bears out with a chainsaw and a propane torch, while chatting with her mother. On the upside, the ZMF pieces sound nicer and are much more comfortable ... with much less risk of burning the house down.

14. Pharmaboy
    I need a check-up from the neck-up for even thinking of exposing myself to these 2 endgame headphones--at a time when I'm already jonesing for an Aeolus. I'm a repeat offender at the headphone (& headphone amp) rodeo...

Maybe I'll tie myself to the mast, like Odysseus...or "walk the earth--like Caine in Kung Fu."

Wildcatsare1 and Darthpool like this.
  15. Pharmaboy
    "...my wife hacks these bears out with a chainsaw and a propane torch, while chatting with her mother"

RUN!!

PS: the darn thing is awfully cute...how on earth can one "do cute" w/a chainsaw?

Wildcatsare1, Darthpool and Torq like this.
First

Back
199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
Next

Last