1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Verite

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by heliosphann, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200
202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211
Next

Last
  1. UntilThen
    Again you're spot on. Even with Verite flat pads, I still try to use brighter sounding tubes for my tube amps to get my desired tone. Using EQ is another way to do that. :) However some may just like how Verite sound without any adjustment. :)

Darthpool and nishan99 like this.
  2. mixman
    For an even slightly brighter sound try the Verite Suede pads. They give the Verite a more faced image and a little brighter tonality. The trade off is you lose some of the 3Dness of the soundstage.

nishan99 and pippen99 like this.
  3. UntilThen
    Thanks although I don't think I need it any brighter even with the Universe pads. My dac is Yggdrasil which is rather neutral. So there's a good balance there.

4. attmci
    Because you just got it.

5. UntilThen
    Time will tell but I reckon in a year's time I'll still be saying the same. :)

Darthpool likes this.
  6. attmci
    UsoppNoKami and nishan99 like this.
  7. UntilThen
    Correct. I will never argue with someone over HD800 vs LCD-3f. SQ is subjective.

My veteran technician is very perceptive when he told me. 'I'll never argue with you whether McIntosh is better than Audio Note. That is for you to decide!', he declared. :)

As for the audiosciencereview, it's a site I don't visit. I have no interest in it.

UsoppNoKami and Darthpool like this.
  8. heliosphann
    As I said before, I have a HD800 and I also own a LCD-3 pre-fazor. The later is quite nice and I'd have a hard time parting with it. I had several other LCD-3's (both prefazor and fazor) and this unit is truly a unicorn.

Audiosciencereview also holds no interest from me.

9. UntilThen
    Some of my audio gear I'll regret parting with it. Ragnarok, Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP and LCD-3f could be those. However, that's the nature of this hobby. You will move on, usually for the better. :)

Darthpool likes this.
  10. heliosphann
    True. For the most part... Early Audeze and HiFiman headphones still sound as good or even better than many of their replacements. They're also becoming harder and harder to find. Many had production issues and were prone to driver failure. Even the "re-issues" by the companies aren't the same.

11. UntilThen
    I agree there with you again. Similar to tubes. NOS vintage tubes are best. Reissues are no where near.

But to tie us back to this thread, I have to say having own both Eikon and Atticus in the past, Verite is much much better. So in the case of ZMF headphone, each iterations seems better to me. Zach is outdoing himself ! He is his own competition lol.

UsoppNoKami likes this.
  12. nishan99
    I really dig the wood reverb on my ziricote and kinda hoped I opted for the stock silk wood, but idk maybe it will be too much of it or the bass impact reduced too much.
    So I totally understand now why some people prefer the lighter woods.

bryceu likes this.
  13. UntilThen
    Change back to Verite flat pads after 3 weeks with Universe broad pads and instant clarity ! The change is startling and I'm very pleased with it. I think this is how I like it.

IMG-3615.JPG

14. attmci
    Got you, now. Seems I had missed something here.......Now I know.

15. alvin sawdust
    Nice set up there UT. Are those the wireless Verite? :wink:

First

Back
191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200
202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211
Next

Last