1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Verite

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by heliosphann, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last
  1. Bonddam
    I'm trying to research amp I'd like to get but only thing showing up is for sale. It's madding.:triportsad:

2. Bonddam
    I'd think there would be a post because ZMF is so popular that the Pendant should show up.

aloki likes this.
  3. LCMusicLover
    Yes, the bad news is it's a rabbit hole.

The super bad news is...it's a huge rabbit and it digs really fast.

GLTY! :beerchug:

Pharmaboy, bryceu and Wildcatsare1 like this.
  4. Bonddam
    You ready for the RAD-0 think it shows up tomorrow?

5. Monsterzero
    If youre looking at the Pendant,you might drop an email to ZMF and ask for some tube suggestions,but I know theyre quite busy at the moment getting ready for the 20th,so it might be awhile before you hear back.

6. Bonddam
    Waking up to only put my Verite on. Listened to the HEkv2 for an hour then right to Verite, there's just something about them. Haven't even brought out the Empyreans. Empyreans are my fav. bass liquid sounding can on ss. The Verite on the tube section of my amp is amazing.

7. JM1979
    I was just getting ready to post this. One day you’re considering tubes and the next day you are scouring the internet for vintage tube finds and spending a lot of cash on them.

As has already been mentioned, so as much research as possible. In my experience, the really good tunes cost more but are worth it if they match your intended sound signature.

And it’s so cool seeing the tube glow while listening.

Monsterzero likes this.
  8. Bonddam
    I've bought 4 headphones from them they get back to me pretty quick.

9. Bonddam
    That is the hobby and tubes sound like the fun part. Recently I modded Theiaudio Phantom which brought more enjoyment to that headphone. Tube rolling will only be the next thing inline.

10. Monsterzero
    Yup,they do reply quickly,but remember,the Verite Closed drops in less than two days. Theyve been updating thier website,prepping builds,etc....Busy time for them.

biglazymoose and Darthpool like this.
  11. LCMusicLover
    Yep, I've already spent close to the price of the LP on tube alternatives. And that's just 2 tubes -- less expensive ones at that (compared to 300b or 2A3 tubes).
    Nah...my eyes are closed while listening :)

Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  12. LCMusicLover
    No, UPS says delivering next Tuesday. First it said Monday, but that changed today. No worries -- it's not like I have nothing to listen to.

Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  13. alvin sawdust
    Plugged into the Tron Antares signature. Glad you stuck with the Teton and wish I could have tried it with the Verite, suspect it is a superb pairing. Which tubes do it for you?

14. Phantaminum
    Yeah, I'm glad as well. Had to roll several combinations and most were just too warm with the Verite. Finally settled on a Mullard metal base GZ34 rectifier, Svetlana 6H13C (I know) power tubes, and a Tung Sol 6c8g driver tube. More neutral than the other tubes, with great extension on both ends and great mids.

I'm sure you're getting a beautiful sound out of the Tron Antares. :)

alvin sawdust and Wildcatsare1 like this.
  15. Wildcatsare1
    Exactly, Zach’s a Tube aficionado and is rolling them frequently on his bevy of amps, he obviously knows his headphones intimately, so he’s a great person to contact!

JM1979, jinxy245 and Phantaminum like this.
First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last