ZMF Verite Open
Sep 3, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #2,821 of 9,512
Is it true the WA3 is just a modified Darkvoice? Just worried I will loose a lot of detail and maybe tight bass with the planars and maybe even the Verite too.

The right person to answer this would be Jack Woo.

Can't be sure w/o researching the respective circuits and launch dates of these amps--but I doubt the WA3 is a copy/modified version of anything else, despite the similarity in cases. It's more likely to be the other way around: Darkvoice being a mod of the WA3.

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #2,822 of 9,512
Just looked at the Darkvoice again. The case is not as tall as WA3 & there's one driver/power tube, not two like the WA3.

Again, can't compare actual circuits, power output stats, etc--but these amps don't appear all that similar.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #2,823 of 9,512
I'm an LCD4, HD800, and Eikon owner dealing with FOMO on the announcement of the VC. Everyone so far is saying it sounds the same or better than the VO, so I feel safe asking here. The LCD4 gets the majority of my use… the HD800 is for occasional pallette refreshing, the Eikon mostly on the go (car rides, while washing dishes, etc.… plugged into FLAC files on a rockboxed iPod). What are the chances I'd really want to sell/trade either the LCD4, or HD800 and Eikon, towards the VC?

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #2,824 of 9,512
I tried to put my thoughts down on my Verite Ziricote, along with a slew of photos. For a few more photos, feel free to take a look here :) Feedback is appreciated

img_3675.jpg

Excellent review! Appreciated the section on pads & their effect on sound.

Your picture shows a beautiful headphone. The combination of ziricote & stainless hardware is subtle & very attractive.

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #2,827 of 9,512
I’m not sure if anyone’s received rose gold pairs yet since they just were introduced and the wait time for headphones to be built right now, but I might be wrong.

I do know that the Aeolus LTD in rose gold from the site look stunning!

I just saw that pic! You are right. It looks amazing on the aeolus Ltd. But then again that wood is so dark. It makes the rose gold really stand out and pop.

Still on the fence with having it on cocobolo as it looks like a rather bright wood compared to the aeolus. Worried it will look "too loud" with Rose gold..

I'll wait on Zach to upload a pic of a completed rose gold cocobolo.

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #2,828 of 9,512
Sep 5, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #2,829 of 9,512
I'm an LCD4, HD800, and Eikon owner dealing with FOMO on the announcement of the VC. Everyone so far is saying it sounds the same or better than the VO, so I feel safe asking here. The LCD4 gets the majority of my use… the HD800 is for occasional pallette refreshing, the Eikon mostly on the go (car rides, while washing dishes, etc.… plugged into FLAC files on a rockboxed iPod). What are the chances I'd really want to sell/trade either the LCD4, or HD800 and Eikon, towards the VC?

Only if you want to drop the dishes on the floor :ksc75smile:! I don’t have the Eikon, but do have the VO, Aeolus and the Atticus (had the Autuer) and the VC close falls into its own class. The speed of the VO and Utopia, clarity of the HD800 (without sounding like a tortured cat), honestly I can see keeping the VO and VC as complementary headphones and calling it quits!

Sep 5, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #2,830 of 9,512
honestly I can see keeping the VO and VC as complementary headphones and calling it quits
So you're saying having VO is not good enough reason to pass on the VC?
My collection is very very similar to yours, and I am going to audition the VC in 4 weeks (cannot wait!!!)... My wallet is terrified :astonished:

Sep 5, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #2,831 of 9,512
So you're saying having VO is not good enough reason to pass on the VC?
My collection is very very similar to yours, and I am going to audition the VC in 4 weeks (cannot wait!!!)... My wallet is terrified :astonished:

It should be, I could probably let my Atticus go, and keep the VO, VC, and Aeolus, but it’s too early for absolutes.

Sep 5, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #2,832 of 9,512
It should be, I could probably let my Atticus go, and keep the VO, VC, and Aeolus, but it’s too early for absolutes.
This is what I’m doing lol, I’m going to keep the Aeolus, Verite O, and Verite C. These are going to be my go to headphones along with my SR1A. I’ll keep some other headphones and IEMS for niche use =)

Sep 5, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #2,833 of 9,512

I currently own the HD800, LCD-3f and Verite Open. I owned the Eikon for a year and sold it. I heard the LCD4 at MiniDisc (a headphone speciality store in downtown Sydney). The Eikon is good. Not sure why I sold it but I sure have seller's remorse after I sold it. Having said that, Verite Open is much better than Eikon from my recollection of Eikon.

Having had the Verite Open since the 18th of August, I have to say that the VO is the most enjoyable headphone for me with my tube amps. I can listen to music with it for hours and not feel fatigued. Resolves as well as Utopia (which I have heard on 2 occasions), the VO midrange and mid bass is really good. Sub-bass is not lacking too. In short, it's a very good all rounder. For want of a better word, it's musical.

Sadly my HD800 and LCD-3f are kind of neglected now.

Sep 5, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #2,834 of 9,512
This is what I’m doing lol, I’m going to keep the Aeolus, Verite O, and Verite C. These are going to be my go to headphones along with my SR1A. I’ll keep some other headphones and IEMS for niche use =)

I’m going to do the same, the Vérité C isn’t going anywhere, the speed, imaging, and downright scary dynamics are irreplaceable!

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #2,835 of 9,512
Taking time to listen to the Lampizator Amber, with solid state rectification, with my WA5 and the VC. Oh, my goodness (putting it mildly, this is a PG Site), the dynamics are absolutely head rattling, this is a scary good synergy! Thanks @Monsterzero and @Gopher for setting up the tour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back