ZMF Verite Open
Aug 22, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #2,717 of 9,512
Is anyone using a ALO Audio Studio Six with their Verite?

I’m suddenly very intrigued by this SET amp.

Wait...what happened to the new amp Glenn was gonna build you? You need amp intervention...pronto!

Aug 23, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #2,722 of 9,512
I apologize, I couldn't resist. I'm cursed with an attraction to bad humor.

Or should I say Jinxed...
I always enjoy your post Jinxy, and looking at your likes, I know I am not the only one!

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #2,723 of 9,512
I always enjoy your post Jinxy, and looking at your likes, I know I am not the only one!
Yup - Jinxy posts are funny! :)

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #2,726 of 9,512
I do have something to say about Verite. It's been burning in for only 4 days but what a tone. I've the HD800 and LCD-3f with me for a while now so I'm very familiar with their sound signature. I love both for their contrasting styles. Verite encompass both headphones best attributes and then some more... The last 4 nights have been quite intense listening with my solid state amp. I've never been so preoccupied with this hobby. Later today I'll listen to Verite with the GOTL for the first time.

IMG-3298.JPG

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #2,727 of 9,512
I do have something to say about Verite. It's been burning in for only 4 days but what a tone. I've the HD800 and LCD-3f with me for a while now so I'm very familiar with their sound signature. I love both for their contrasting styles. Verite encompass both headphones best attributes and then some more... The last 4 nights have been quite intense listening with my solid state amp. I've never been so preoccupied with this hobby. Later today I'll listen to Verite with the GOTL for the first time.

I hope you make a brief comparison between the Verite on solid state vs tubes and what amp you prefer them on.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #2,728 of 9,512

OMG, that Sansui is sooooo sweet.

Aug 23, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #2,729 of 9,512
Aug 23, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #2,730 of 9,512
OMG, that Sansui is sooooo sweet.

Thanks Hans, long time no speak. :)

The Sansui is not just sweet but incredibly powerful at 160w rms into 8 ohms. Those are conservative watts in 1995. When driving my tower speakers, it has tremendous grip and drive. When the Sansui engineer set out to design this amp, he had in mind the 1st gen Sansui AU-111 tube amp the tone of which he loves. It works really well with my headphones too. Pretty neutral with a touch of tube amp goodness.
http://www.sansui.us/issues_AU111vsAL907MR.htm

Sorry for the digression but Verite sound incredible driven by the 907MR.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back