ZMF Verite Open
Jul 3, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #2,311 of 9,512
This combo is absolutely ridiculous! Crazy expensive too,but worth it IMO. By far the absolute best sound coming into my ears Ive ever heard. :L3000:
This is where the game officially ends.

65638262_458525854944889_9076702382619885568_o.jpg

Happiness is a warm tube!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #2,315 of 9,512
Looks like the Golden Atlantic DAC. Could be wrong though.
You can not read! Its a Lampizator DAC. Golden Atlantic is a recent model.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #2,317 of 9,512
@Monsterzero Wow the setup looks pretty crazy. I’m guessing GlennOTL on the left, what’s the tube thingy on the right? Preamp?

Yes,Glenn Monster OTL on left,and the Lampizator Atlantic TRP(Tube Rollers Paradise) DAC on right,which I only have on loan for a short period of time.
I was afraid that adding a tube DAC to an OTL,into the Verite would be warmth overload,but its absolutely not. In fact,its less warm sounding vs. my SS R2R DAC that I currently own,the Vinshine R2R Reference.
I will be putting out a short video soon on my channel talking about what this DAC brings to my system.

There are members of this forum who maintain that a DAC is a DAC and all sound the same. This is absolutely,positively absurd IMO.

This DAC isnt cheap,but for those who can afford it,and are looking to go directly to game over,the Lampizator Atlantic TRP should be at the top of your list,and matches with Verite extremely well.

Take that 3d staging and turn it up to 11!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #2,318 of 9,512
Yes,Glenn Monster OTL on left,and the Lampizator Atlantic TRP(Tube Rollers Paradise) DAC on right,which I only have on loan for a short period of time.
I was afraid that adding a tube DAC to an OTL,into the Verite would be warmth overload,but its absolutely not. In fact,its less warm sounding vs. my SS R2R DAC that I currently own,the Vinshine R2R Reference.
I will be putting out a short video soon on my channel talking about what this DAC brings to my system.

There are members of this forum who maintain that a DAC is a DAC and all sound the same. This is absolutely,positively absurd IMO.

This DAC isnt cheap,but for those who can afford it,and are looking to go directly to game over,the Lampizator Atlantic TRP should be at the top of your list,and matches with Verite extremely well.

Wow! I can only imagine how insane that setup sounds!

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #2,319 of 9,512
\

Well, ime they're mostly right until you reach s certain level of transparency in your chain. Once you've crossed the $1k mark for your amp and headphones you'll absolutely start to hear big differences between DACs.

But dang, so jealous of that setup!! How much exactly IS the Lampizator DAC?? I tried to google it but their website won't tell me the price unless I request a quote and I don't really wanna bother anyone lol

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #2,320 of 9,512
Well, ime they're mostly right until you reach s certain level of transparency in your chain. Once you've crossed the $1k mark for your amp and headphones you'll absolutely start to hear big differences between DACs.

But dang, so jealous of that setup!! How much exactly IS the Lampizator DAC?? I tried to google it but their website won't tell me the price unless I request a quote and I don't really wanna bother anyone lol

Between $6 and $8K,depending upon options. Not cheap!

This DAC continues to improve with burn-in. Throws a massive image,very fast,deep, tight hard hitting bass. incredibly holographic. Wide staging. I literally cannot find a single thing about it that I do not love. It seems like it was built for the Verite!

I couldnt stop listening last evening. Finally at 3:30am my dogs informed me it was time for bed.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #2,321 of 9,512

The same people that claimed all amps sound alike and that the O2 I all you’ll ever need. :expressionless:

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #2,322 of 9,512
Jul 5, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #2,323 of 9,512
e4ea0181ee9c2ef679754463ef977dc4d251708d_2_666x500.jpeg

I happened to get these two very capable headphones (ZMF Verite and Raal SR1a) nearly simultaneously (roughly 3.5 weeks ago). Worried I might not give enough head time to Verite assuming SR1a technically more competent.

While my assumption wasn't that wrong (SR1a was quite legit), Verite paired with Ravenswood wasn't slouch at all. This amp could maximize the speed of "fast" headphone due to pretty noble approaches (passive-only gain, minimal feedback, extremely simple signal path, etc.) along with other technical criteria. In this configuration, Verite almost catches up with SR1a even where SR1a is supposed to doubtlessly excel (transients, micro-dynamics, micro-details). As a result, I can neither praise nor hype SR1a as much as other fans [1].

Verite has inherent technical advantages over many other dynamic headphones – one of the strongest magnets (N50; equivalently 1.5 Tesla as residual flux density) for headphone drivers, large moving driver radius (50 mm), and acoustically superior material (Beryllium-coated polyethylene naphthalate). Ziricote woods and Verite silver cable support such good drivers slightly but meaningfully. .. And Ravenswood just utilizes all such potentials.. to the extent that it can stack against state-or-the-art performers. Not many are able to do at this level.

Of course Verite is not the sole technicality king, by any means. But many king candidates have critical drawbacks .. at least in my book. And most of them are not as forgiving as Verite.
Bottom line, when my order was placed, I didn't expect this high technicalities. :astonished:

Footnote
[1] Perhaps SR1a paired with the right amp might cream Verite. But, for now, I can't think of any single power amp that can do the same thing as Ravenswood. At least (well-received) 100W-ish amps of 3k-4k usd I tried (AHB2 included) were all disappointing. I'd rather take Vidar over them any day.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #2,324 of 9,512
Hi all! First post here. Been following this thread for a minute. I am pretty new to the audiophile world and things escalated quickly! After months and months of reading about different kinds of headphones, headphone technology, and all things headphones, I came across ZMF. At around the time the Pheasantwood Verite were up for sale, and after even more research, purchased one and I am so very glad I did! I have never heard anything like it, it has it all: amazing bass, that holographic soundstage, phenomenal imaging, a very natural tonality that makes the mids and highs just dreamy, and excellent treble detail.

@Monsterzero, your review especially was most appreciated! At the time, there was not a lot of info available on these.

I loved my Verite right away, but I appreciated it more as it burned in through many, many hours.

I recently got to go to CanJam SoCal 2019 and got to meet Zach and Bevin, who were the absolute nicest people! And I got to hear the rest of the ZMF line up. I am definitely a fan.

This thread has certainly been educational!

Jul 5, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #2,325 of 9,512

Users who are viewing this thread

Back