ZMF Verite Open
May 28, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #2,101 of 9,510
Of course she is still shaking her head at me. I just pretend it is to the music coming from my new headphones. And smile the whole time.

May 30, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #2,102 of 9,510
ZMFNIGHT.jpg
Sharing love for ZMF here! We made more than usual effort for a ZMF shout-out recently, and would just like to share it.

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #2,104 of 9,510
ZMF VÉRITÉ SILVER vs ZMF 2K COPPER
https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/cables/products/verite-silver
https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/cables/products/2k-copper

Okay boys and girls, here's a brief write up on the Verite Silver and 2K Copper cables. Just for note, my Verite Silver cable is 2-strand and un-sleeved and my 2K Copper cable is sleeved. Price wise these two configurations are the same. Also be aware that all 2-strand Verite Silver cables are pure silver with a 2K copper core. 4-strand Verite Silver cables can be configured with all pure silver (or hybrid).

BUILD

Both cables are well constructed and have several different options for upgraded connectors/splitters/sleevings. Mine have all basic connectors/splitters, but they still look and feel excellent. The biggest difference by far is the 2-strand Verite Silver cable extremely light and flexible. It barely feels like you have a cable attached to your headphones. The 2K Copper cable only comes in a 4-strand configuration and is much more robust (even more so with a sleeve). I never found it to be that cumbersome, but depending on you preferences that could be a factor.

SOUND

Here we go again... Just to get this out of the way, I do in fact believe headphone cables can in fact contribute an audible difference. However, the differences are in very subtle quantities. If you're looking to change the sound of a pair of headphones, the cable should be at the very bottom of your priorities. That being said, I found the Verite Silver cable compared to the 2K Copper cable to provide a tad more airiness and better refinement the treble region. The trade-off is there is a slight loss of low end heft, but it isn't that significant. The 2K Copper in comparison has a smoother presentation up top and a heftier bottom end than the Verite Silver. I primarily used my Zircote Verite and Blackwood Auteur when comparing these cables, and ended up pairing of the Verite w/Verite cable and the Auteur w/2K Copper. I felt those combinations matched up the best for my preferences.

CONCLUSION

So which one should you buy? Well both is the correct answer, but I suppose if you only need one I can't recommend one over the other. I suggest you try to match up what fits in your chain the best and choose accordingly. Both are fantastic premium cables at a reasonable price. The wait/build time is also very good compared to many other headphone cable makers.

IMG_20190601_170704_1.jpg
IMG_20190601_170810.jpg
IMG_20190601_170835.jpg
IMG_20190601_171215.jpg
IMG_20190601_170051.jpg

The whole gang...

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #2,107 of 9,510
Just posted in the Liquid Platinum thread, but thought I would add my thoughts here too. I was planning to sell my Verite because I felt like my LCD-4 edged it out barely. But now I'm reconsidering after I tried out the Verite with my Liquid Platinum amp + NOS Amperex 7308 tubes. I think I now understand why OTL tube amps are recommended with ZMF's dynamic headphones. That warm tube quality really rounds out the sound of the Verite, making music sound more holographic and lush, without sacrificing any detail. Not sure I'm ready yet to go down the full tube amp rabbit hole, but definitely on my mind now!

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #2,108 of 9,510
Not sure I'm ready yet to go down the full tube amp rabbit hole, but definitely on my mind now!

Resistance is futile. You know it. I know it. Head first is the only way to traverse that rabbit hole.

Jun 4, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #2,109 of 9,510
After two weeks 24/7 breaking in my ZMF Verite and Norne Einvaldi cable, I spent some time listening to them today on my Stratus system. I have been a lover of my HD 800S with WyWires Platinum cord, but the ZMF/Norne just kicks the crap out of it. Bass goes deeper, and is so much more articulate. Transients are lightening fast and midrange detail retrieval is a touch or so better. Overall its one super smooth dynamic combo.
I am going to sell my Mr Speakers Ether Flow and its WyWires Platinum balanced cable and my Ether C 1.1 and its WyWires Red single ended cable. After selling those I will buy a closed ZMF headphone

Jun 4, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #2,110 of 9,510
I’m amazed the Vérité isn’t getting even more love, this is one great headphone! Listening to Muddy Water, Folk Singer, vía the Hugo2, Woo WA5, Norne S3s silver cable, and the dynamics, micro detail, are incredible, some of the best I’ve ever heard. Maybe it’s the pain meds I’m on talking, but in my opinion this setup is vastly superior to the Focal Utopia and OG Abyss 1266 I used to have!

Jun 4, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #2,111 of 9,510
I’m amazed the Vérité isn’t getting even more love, this is one great headphone! Listening to Muddy Water, Folk Singer, vía the Hugo2, Woo WA5, Norne S3s silver cable, and the dynamics, micro detail, are incredible, some of the best I’ve ever heard. Maybe it’s the pain meds I’m on talking, but in my opinion this setup is vastly superior to the Focal Utopia and OG Abyss 1266 I used to have!

I love the heck out of my Verite. Beautiful wood and sound. Love how it plays out Glenn’s OTL.

At times I believe how hard it rumbles at times. Feels oh-so satisfying.

Jun 4, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #2,112 of 9,510
Love how it plays out Glenn’s OTL.

AFAIK its an exclusive club of Verite+ Glenn. You Zach,Glenn and myself. Helio will join the ranks soon. Its a helluva combo.
I borrowed my son's Grados the other day to test on how it does with the Glenn(it was good) and then switched back to the Verite...Man! What a difference.
I get used to a headphone,so I like to mix in a lesser headphone from time to time just to be floored all over again when I switch back.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #2,113 of 9,510
Jun 4, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #2,114 of 9,510
Dude! I totally spaced. Did you have your surgery yet?

I did, it took them 8 hours, but I have sensation and movement in my left leg, so a big success! Definitely the hardest surgery I’ve been through, though I’ll be up and kicking it in about a month. Thanks for asking!

Is anyone debating between the large, Universal Lambskin and the Suede Pads, I like them both better than than the BE2. At times I think there may be just a little to much treble with the Suede.

Jun 4, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #2,115 of 9,510
Is anyone debating between the large, Universal Lambskin and the Suede Pads, I like them both better than than the BE2. At times I think there may be just a little to much treble with the Suede.

My Verite should be shipping out later this week. What pad and material would you recommend if I wanted a more warm, lush mid, and not so bright sound signature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back