ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 27, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #8,626 of 12,461
Earlier a user recommended me the Quicksilver audio headphone tube amp for the verite closed, anybody know how to order it? I go to the website and there is no ''buy'' or ''add to cart'' button?
I bought my Quicksilver from “The Amp House”. The customer service was excellent, and amp was packaged very well. Though I’m sure you can’t go wrong buying directly from Quicksilver.

I personally bought from them because they were the closest authorized dealer of Quicksilver products. I live in Alabama, so I was very surprised to find a vendor in the state that carried such a boutique-style headphone amp.

Nov 27, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #8,627 of 12,461
Coming in at 490g

PXL_20211126_091228618~2.jpg
Congrats, very nice pair. As much as I love the aesthetic of my Olive Wood w/ mag chassis, at 555 grams it does have me wondering from time to time if I should have gone the Monkey Pod or Sappelle route.

Zach I'd be curious to know what is the lightest wood you have ever considered for VC? A lightweight series of releases might be very interesting.

Nov 27, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #8,628 of 12,461
Congrats, very nice pair. As much as I love the aesthetic of my Olive Wood w/ mag chassis, at 555 grams it does have me wondering from time to time if I should have gone the Monkey Pod or Sappelle route.

Zach I'd be curious to know what is the lightest wood you have ever considered for VC? A lightweight series of releases might be very interesting.

I find the Camphor Burl to be quite light, I believe it clocks in at just under 500g or so. It reads as being far heavier than it actually feels as I've never had any weight issues with it. For comparison I had the Auteur in Cocobolo which was beautiful but I could feel its weight after a while and they would sometimes slide back and forth on my head a bit if I tilted it (might also be a head shape issue for me as not many others have a similar experience here).

Nov 27, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #8,630 of 12,461
Nov 27, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #8,631 of 12,461

Monkeypod is the lightest of them all but i could be wrong. Mine are Leopardwood. I am very surprised at how light they are. Magnesium chassis also

Nov 27, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #8,632 of 12,461
Really none. In my experience, only the Cayin C9 attached to a DAP drives the VC with authority. Hugo 2 is also a good option. Everything else is likely to lack the dynamics and clout.
The Nagra Tube DAC is phenomenal, and is an all in out solution (DAC / pre-amp / headphone amp). I have it connected directly a Roon node MacBook Pro.

Nov 28, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #8,634 of 12,461
Anybody here using Auteur Lambskins ? I went through Eikon Lambskins and Auteur Hybrids and the stock ones seem to do it for me
Here!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 28, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #8,635 of 12,461
Anybody here using Auteur Lambskins ? I went through Eikon Lambskins and Auteur Hybrids and the stock ones seem to do it for me
I typically switch between the Auteur lambskin and hybrid pads.

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #8,636 of 12,461

I have a pair of Ironwood VC's (which I think are among the heaviest woods for VC) and like others, I was also pleasantly surprised at the weight. This is maybe due to how the weight is distributed by the headband and lush pads we can select. I used to own a pair of LCD 2 closed backs and even though they are lighter on paper, they felt like a pair of bricks. The ironwood VC's are my daily driver (8hrs of music and meetings) and I have no issues with the weight whatsoever.

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #8,637 of 12,461
My B-stock silver cable and B-stock ZMF stand just arrived. The anticipation for my B-stock VC's to ship is reaching critical levels. Can't wait to be a part of the ZMF family :)

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #8,639 of 12,461
nice! the heaphones will ship in december or january?
Not sure - I guess all the wait times are 4-6 weeks regardless if it's B-stock, A-stock or anything else. Ordered on the 20th I believe so it will either be December or January I suppose

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #8,640 of 12,461
My B-stock silver cable and B-stock ZMF stand just arrived. The anticipation for my B-stock VC's to ship is reaching critical levels. Can't wait to be a part of the ZMF family :)
Congrats on your recent purchases. I was equally excited when my VC Stabs arrived and I can't wait for my Aeolus Mango to arrive as well. What Salire did you end up grabbing? I picked up the Purpleheart B stock and happy with what was shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back