ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 5, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #8,282 of 12,391
Is that a Pilot Pad on the Blackwood VC in the video? Or is that the new "Crescent Band"?

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #8,283 of 12,391
I've been more stoked for Forza Horizon 5... which also released today (early access). The last good Halo was Halo 3. :wink:

I will say Infinite does appear to be shaping up better than the previous one.
Was playing Horizon 5 last night with the VC. Spent a good amount of time rev'ing different engines in the garage haha

Nov 5, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #8,285 of 12,391
Is that a Pilot Pad on the Blackwood VC in the video? Or is that the new "Crescent Band"?
I am leaning new crescent band. Pilot pad is overall larger than that one. Also, it looked like it was tucked into the end of the yoke area which pilot and co pilot pads do not do.

1636128871201.png

PilotPadShopify4_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Nov 5, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #8,286 of 12,391
Darn, I'm really digging the colors/shine. trying to justify that I made the right choice with the previous drop, but this is making it tough aha
I'll try to help...does your current set sound awesome? Then you made the right choice...if only these were as cheap as sneakers then we would have several pairs. :smile:

Nov 5, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #8,287 of 12,391
Nov 5, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #8,288 of 12,391
I'll try to help...does your current set sound awesome? Then you made the right choice...if only these were as cheap as sneakers then we would have several pairs. :smile:
Oddly enough, it helps loll. mine arent burned in yet, but i definitely like the sound. Could just be me, but it reminds me of how things sound when shower-singing. Has this nice room feel with minor echo/resonance if that makes sense? Not the muddy kind of sound. just sounds good for whatever reason that effect is

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #8,291 of 12,391

New video up! The brighter colors look pretty nuts.

Those look stunning...

Any idea what the resin does for the weight of the headphones? I am looking to get myself a Vérité Closed, and I'd love a stabilized version, but am a bit put off by the weights of some of them that go over 550 grams.

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #8,292 of 12,391
Nov 5, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #8,293 of 12,391
just got my epoch from @musicj

it's kind of important to me what I listen to first on a new set for I am kind of ritualistic in nature. I went with the white stripes self titled album.

dx300>jotunheim v1>little dot mk 2 novosibirsk voshkod tubes

first impression was these sound incredibly natural for being BE coated drivers. After listening to utopia and cascades I was kind of expecting something more faster but these hold up to what I think the zmf house sound entails. just euphonic. I am very pleased at the moment and can't wait to get some mohawk cleaner on these babies. one of the best parts about owning zmf is the aroma from the cups as I am listening!

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #8,295 of 12,391
@Akiravelvet "...smaller amount vapor deposited onto the surface of another material to get the speed and sonic properties of Be, but without the bright “nasties” that can come with a pure metallic driver." - zach

5t4zii.jpg

I am really thankful that zmf puts so much work into matching technology with their ideal sound. I have tried atticus, aeolus and auteur but still searched for similar characteristics with better technicalities. one hint of metallic or plastic sheen on things ruins an experience for myself.

can someone please explain vapor deposits now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back