ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 20, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #7,771 of 12,461
I will be getting myself a pair of Rad-0 this weekend, anyone here also own a pair of Rad-0? From my previous listening session at local shop they sounded fantastic, I hope it compliments VC as an open back planar, being a fairly neutral sounding pairs while maintaining similar musicality level.
Rad-0: "Nice cans! Think you can... open those up for me?"
VC: "I'll have to refer you to my older sibling, that's just not me..."

Oh wait, you meant "complement"! Never mind, then. 😅

Sep 21, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #7,772 of 12,461
VC: "I'll have to refer you to my older sibling, that's just not me..."

Ha-ha the 'older sibling'. As much as the VO fits the role of complimenting VC, I am liking the idea of having more variety, both sounds and also visually. Athough Arya was also on my list, but there are not many out there which can match aesthetically like what zmf cans do (well if I have a stabilized VC then it will sure be lonely). Focal headphones should be good as well but I find the earcups a bit too small to my likings.

Sep 21, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #7,774 of 12,461
18 weeks of wait comes to an end and my VC Olives are finally on their way here. Good things are worth waiting for, I suppose.
What I really like about this hobby is the waiting. Knowing that it will arrive "when it arrives" kinda makes it fun.
I have waited for three ZMF headphones over the last few years, and also waited almost a year for the DNA Stratus.
It helps you appreciate your purchase once it arrives. Well, I mean, it helps me appreciate it (er, 'them').
I've done this kind of stuff for a long time. I would purchase a guitar neck, then wait months before I find the guitar body that fits that neck. I would then decide which pickups would work for that neck and body. At that time, I would also purchase the pickguard, tuners, and bridge, and so on... But a lot of the fun is garnering the patience to understand what you really WANT for an item.
I don't buy new audio equipment on a whim, because I don't have a disposable budget that allows me to just "buy buy buy" without thinking. So, I love the process of research, contemplation, money-saving, and then finally actual PURCHASE.
The waiting for the final item is only a portion of the time spent before purchase.
If you're in that kind of situation, then just look at the wait for the product to be the final step in a long, thought-out journey of exploration, learning, and finally, acquisition.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #7,778 of 12,461
Sep 21, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #7,779 of 12,461
Congrats, post pics when they get here!

Anyone else gotten an email yet about the stabilized orders from 9/3? Been watching my inbox like a hawk :smile:
Love those harder woods! Mine are Leopardwood, but I am more than a bit envious! The olives are gorgeous and harder on the Janka scale then my leopardwoods. I prefer the sound of harder woods. My Auteurs are Blackwood!

Happy listening,
Jgwtriode

Sep 21, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #7,780 of 12,461
Congrats, post pics when they get here!

Anyone else gotten an email yet about the stabilized orders from 9/3? Been watching my inbox like a hawk :smile:
Thanks, I’ll post pictures for sure! Should receive them today.

Sep 22, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #7,781 of 12,461
Mine arrived yesterday!
61DC500F-2219-45B1-AE05-F49FBB525F9E.jpeg

The Gawain — certainly not as striking as some of the others that went first in the drop, but they are really lovely in person. The photos don’t do justice.

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #7,783 of 12,461
sad that my vc stabilized still haven't been shipped yet
Cheer up, it will make the arrival even more special. You will not regret them from day one.
Some of us had to wait for 3 months to get ours so less than that is bonus.

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #7,784 of 12,461
61DC500F-2219-45B1-AE05-F49FBB525F9E.jpeg
The Gawain — certainly not as striking as some of the others that went first in the drop, but they are really lovely in person. The photos don’t do justice.
The grain is fantastic in those. That ripple effect is all throughout!

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #7,785 of 12,461

Apart from the look which is super extra bonus, I bet it will put a BIG smile on your face once you start listening to them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back