ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 17, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #7,726 of 12,391
Sep 17, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #7,728 of 12,391
Haha, thanks! I knew if I didn't get that #1 pick I probably wouldn't be able to get any, but still had to try. Pretty nerve wracking lottery!
Indeed. I was very fortunate to get a Captcha that I could actually complete in 1 shot. For this old man that's pretty good lol. Atoll was my first choice. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #7,729 of 12,391
I have the Arya and the VC, and I think they have very different presentations. In terms of bass quantity, the VC is slightly above the Arya, but where it goes beyond is in the slam/impact. In comparison the Arya feels soft in that department, and the VC slams pretty hard.

But for soundstage, the Arya is wider, airier, and makes it easier to pick out individual instrument lines. The VC does have a holographic feel, where things are presented around your head almost, so it can feel very immersive (it does depend on which pads you’re using - to me the Auteur Lambskin emphasizes that the most). I love the Arya for classical music, and the VC for pretty much everything I else.
That's very helpful, thanks for the thorough description. Seems like an overall upgrade for the types of music I listen to most.

One follow up question, how does the VC present poor recordings? For example, I feel like the Aria presents static/ imperfections as just peripheral snow, it doesn't get in the way of the music since imperfections are being presented in the distance.

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #7,730 of 12,391
That's very helpful, thanks for the thorough description. Seems like an overall upgrade for the types of music I listen to most.

One follow up question, how does the VC present poor recordings? For example, I feel like the Aria presents static/ imperfections as just peripheral snow, it doesn't get in the way of the music since imperfections are being presented in the distance.
No problem! The VC is very forgiving of poor recordings in my experience. Imperfections are still there but they’re never grating or annoying - I actually found them to do this better than the Arya, though that’s probably because the VC’s treble isn’t as pronounced.

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #7,731 of 12,391
One follow up question, how does the VC present poor recordings?

Well perhaps I will put it in this way - poor recording or lower res files (youtube / spotify) are still quite listenable on VC, but good recording and higher res file really bring VC to another level - you can definitely tell if the music / audio format you are listening on is good or bad. In the end I tend to use some other headphones e.g. hd650 on youtube or spotify. You will find something is missing from the music on VC listening to those lower res file, and it is less enjoyable. YMMV.

However I find VC is less picky on dac / amp. I have driven it from topping a90, mojo, hugo2, ifi idsd micro BL, and now mostly on Glenn el3n tube amp. I dont find them less enjoyable on lower tier amp. It will not stop me from listening the VC even if just out of mojo, but if the recording or audio format is not as good, I will tend to steer away from using VC.

Sep 18, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #7,732 of 12,391
In that case, I recommend the ZMF Verite cable. It is hands-down the most beautiful luxurious feeling cable I've ever beheld. :heart_eyes:

8x8_VeriteS_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Oh, and it sounds good too. :xf_wink:
It does look like it was crafted by elves

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #7,733 of 12,391
Just got a package from FedEx today!
DSC09624.jpg DSC09670.jpg
DSC09637.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #7,735 of 12,391
Sep 18, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #7,736 of 12,391
Those are amazing! What's the name?
Where can I find the name? I got it off the SG distributor, Zeppelin, so it's not listed on ZMF website.

However, based on the laser card that comes with the headphones, it's #Voyager.

Sep 18, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #7,737 of 12,391
For the the last Few days, i have been trying out different pads for the VC. My current and favorite pad is the Auteur hybrid solid. These give me the widest soundstage, best balance between air and sparkle on the top end. The bass is dep, punchy and controlled with minimal boomyness.

After reading many rave reviews on the Universe pads (solid and hybrid). The universe pad is my least favorite. It has elevated mids and a super punchy bass but the sounstage is narrow. It also loses the Sparkle and some of the air. As a result, vocals sound kinda mellow, with male voices loses the depth.

The universe hybrid sounds better than the regular universe, IMO. Some of the top end sweetness is present (like the auteur) and the mids are fuller. The bass is a little tamed compared to the auteur pads. Theres still plenty of sub bass, but the mid bass loses a little bit of the punch, which results in the mids being more pronounced. The soundstage is similar to regular universe pads.

With my setup (Elise OTL and Denafrips Pintus 2 dac) i think the Auteur hybrid pads suit me the best and I think I m gonna keep it as such. This pad also sounds fantastic with my Other setup (BF2 and GSX-mini). The best attribute of the auteur hybrid pads is that it has plenty of everything. The bass is there, strong and controlled but it doesnt take anything away from the mids. The mids are full, lush with depth in the male voice and smoothness in the female vocals. The mids dont interfere with the top end. Any auteur pads is known for their airiness and this pad has all of it. But the air and sparkle never sounds harsh, its controlled. The soundstage is grand, it makes the closed back verite wide and 3d.

These are just my opinion, YMMV. If you have a strong preference towards dynamics, which the universe pads are best at, then please invest in the universe hybrid pads. I think i m gonna put my universe regular and hyrbids on sale. Let me know if you are interested.

Also, a special and sincere congrats to all the peeps who got or are starting to get their Stabilized VC, keep the pics coming. We are all lucky to have such great headphones in our possession.

Sep 18, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #7,738 of 12,391
For the the last Few days, i have been trying out different pads for the VC. My current and favorite pad is the Auteur hybrid solid. These give me the widest soundstage, best balance between air and sparkle on the top end. The bass is dep, punchy and controlled with minimal boomyness.

After reading many rave reviews on the Universe pads (solid and hybrid). The universe pad is my least favorite. It has elevated mids and a super punchy bass but the sounstage is narrow. It also loses the Sparkle and some of the air. As a result, vocals sound kinda mellow, with male voices loses the depth.

The universe hybrid sounds better than the regular universe, IMO. Some of the top end sweetness is present (like the auteur) and the mids are fuller. The bass is a little tamed compared to the auteur pads. Theres still plenty of sub bass, but the mid bass loses a little bit of the punch, which results in the mids being more pronounced. The soundstage is similar to regular universe pads.

With my setup (Elise OTL and Denafrips Pintus 2 dac) i think the Auteur hybrid pads suit me the best and I think I m gonna keep it as such. This pad also sounds fantastic with my Other setup (BF2 and GSX-mini). The best attribute of the auteur hybrid pads is that it has plenty of everything. The bass is there, strong and controlled but it doesnt take anything away from the mids. The mids are full, lush with depth in the male voice and smoothness in the female vocals. The mids dont interfere with the top end. Any auteur pads is known for their airiness and this pad has all of it. But the air and sparkle never sounds harsh, its controlled. The soundstage is grand, it makes the closed back verite wide and 3d.

These are just my opinion, YMMV. If you have a strong preference towards dynamics, which the universe pads are best at, then please invest in the universe hybrid pads. I think i m gonna put my universe regular and hyrbids on sale. Let me know if you are interested.

Also, a special and sincere congrats to all the peeps who got or are starting to get their Stabilized VC, keep the pics coming. We are all lucky to have such great headphones in our possession.
Thanks for the sharing. This can be helpful.

I got Auteur Solid / Auteur Hybrid / Verite BE2 Lamb Solid / Universe Solid, and now have Auteur Solid on the headphones. After reading your impression, will try out the Hybrid!

How about Eikon Suede (non-perf)? Haven't seen any recommendation on this pad, but based on ZReview's video, he strongly recommended it. He even said the VC doesn't sound so good with the stock pads.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #7,739 of 12,391
The Eikon lambskin solids Sound warm and relaxed. Recommended.

Sep 18, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #7,740 of 12,391
Where can I find the name? I got it off the SG distributor, Zeppelin, so it's not listed on ZMF website.

However, based on the laser card that comes with the headphones, it's #Voyager.

Zeppelin & Co's service is top notch and we are really fortunate to have such distributor in SG, in fact I almost put down my money to pre-order one set of VC stabilized too, but in the end can't really justify to own two pairs of VC.

Your pair is one of the most stand out one in terms of colour vibrant. Congrats! And wow I can see you have so many pairs of pad to rotate with. My favourite is the universe hybrid and auteur hybrid. Changing them and recognizing them can be a bit taunting at first but I'm sure you will be getting good at it. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back