ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 4, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #7,606 of 12,462
My favorites were Atoll and Estuarine!

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #7,607 of 12,462
In memory of:
I got my Verite Closed on Monday, and the first few days it was difficult, I wasn't even sure I would keep it.
After changing Pads from Auteur to Hybrid, i liked the sound much more.
Yesterday I switched to the Hybrid Universe, and since today I am dependent on my VC - can't imagine a life without those Cans! :D
I don't know whether the headphones are burned in, but it definitely took my brain a week to adjust to the VC.
Best Headphones i ever listen to!

I am not sure if I am the only one — I find it really tricky to change pads on the VC. I changed them from Auteur to Universe once and fortunately I like the Universe ones better because I wouldn’t want to go through the experience again. Mind you my fine motor skills always left something to be desired...

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #7,608 of 12,462
I feel ya there. I was able to snag up the Waxing Crecent. A few months ago I was considering finding an upgrade from my Focal Clear. After some digging I eventually stumbled across ZMF and read about their quality and tuning and timbre among everything else you all know by now and I knew I needed to try one. I bit the bullet in mid-July and went all out on a Vérité Open (Sapele/Copper) that's still being worked on. I got too excited and snagged up a used one a couple weeks ago (Camphor burl, brass) to use in the meantime and my God... Best headphone I've ever heard and seen. That first listening session ended up being like 5 hours long which I don't normally do and they were comfy on my head the entire time. I'm having so much fun rediscovering my music. Then told myself I need a closed counterpart but would wait for a stabilized drop so here we are 🤗
Yeah it is pretty difficult to stop listening once you put'em on. Again I would like to bring out this 'one more song' mantra because it is real!

The VC sounds quite different from VO and having heard both, I very much preferred the VC. I am sure you'll have the best of both world owning both VC and VO!

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #7,609 of 12,462
In memory of:
I got my Verite Closed on Monday, and the first few days it was difficult, I wasn't even sure I would keep it.
After changing Pads from Auteur to Hybrid, i liked the sound much more.
Yesterday I switched to the Hybrid Universe, and since today I am dependent on my VC - can't imagine a life without those Cans! :D
I don't know whether the headphones are burned in, but it definitely took my brain a week to adjust to the VC.
Best Headphones i ever listen to!
We have exactly the same path! From auteur solid to auteur hybrid is like hmm.. much better. From auteur hybrid to universal hybrid is like nail it!
I am not sure if I am the only one — I find it really tricky to change pads on the VC. I changed them from Auteur to Universe once and fortunately I like the Universe ones better because I wouldn’t want to go through the experience again. Mind you my fine motor skills always left something to be desired...
The first few times were difficult, it took me more than 5mins to change the pad, bit by bit sliding the stitched edges into the slot.. Not the most intuitive way but practice makes perfect, and now I can do it under a min.. But well, still too slow to grab a pair of stabilized VC 😂

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #7,610 of 12,462
I dit it like shown in this video:

First time was a little difficult, but now, i can do it with one eye closed :D

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #7,611 of 12,462
@zach915m How many stabilized sets are you planning for ZMF November? :) Can you make them all Mare Nostrum's? haha

Ha! That was a nice one!!!!!!!!!

We actually had requests for "brighter" woods from the second drop, so we started working on those back in april - we JUST got the "brighter" colors done and will have many more for the next drop that are also bright.

We've also had requests for bright colors AND epoxy resin combinations, and we've started to work on those as well, but I don't know if those will be ready in time for november, as the epoxy resin combined with stabilized wood has turned out to be a more expensive and laborious process. But we are going to make it happen!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 4, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #7,612 of 12,462

We actually had requests for "brighter" woods from the second drop, so we started working on those back in april - we JUST got the "brighter" colors done and will have many more for the next drop that are also bright.

We've also had requests for bright colors AND epoxy resin combinations, and we've started to work on those as well, but I don't know if those will be ready in time for november, as the epoxy resin combined with stabilized wood has turned out to be a more expensive and laborious process. But we are going to make it happen!

That sounds amazing. Hopefully the VO will also benefit, the VC are great but common where's the love for open version =D

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #7,613 of 12,462

You and your team are audio superheros!

Sep 4, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #7,614 of 12,462
Congratulations to all the new owners!

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #7,615 of 12,462
Congrats to everyone that was able to snag a set they were really beautiful, these aren’t new or anything but I really enjoy seeing pictures in the threads so figured I’d post this shot of my leopard wood. Really still just love these headphones the speed, dynamics and overall balance of them and then the soundstage with the quiet background and isolation of a closed back is a special combination.

1630774465389.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #7,616 of 12,462
That sounds amazing. Hopefully the VO will also benefit, the VC are great but common where's the love for open version =D
Second that stabilized VO...patiently waiting...I'm thinking that the risk is of costing more as you can get into issues of "stability" from cutting away the center of the cup in stabilized wood as one side could be a bit weak if I understand the physical properties of stabilized wood.

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #7,617 of 12,462
I spent an embarrassingly long time downloading every photo and narrowing down to my favorite 10 sets 😂
I went through the same process… spent a ton of printer ink sorting through my preferences. I had to throw the list out the window in real time (but I did grab one of the very last available sets from the drop).

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #7,618 of 12,462
Congrats to everyone that was able to snag a set they were really beautiful, these aren’t new or anything but I really enjoy seeing pictures in the threads so figured I’d post this shot of my leopard wood. Really still just love these headphones the speed, dynamics and overall balance of them and then the soundstage with the quiet background and isolation of a closed back is a special combination.

1630774465389.jpeg

Cheers for the love of leopardwood!

ElMg6zP.jpg

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #7,620 of 12,462
Joining the club...snagged this motley pair yesterday!

LTD_VeriteClosedShopify_STBLZ_728_dbb77121-78ea-43d3-aedb-6a01a1baee9e_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Really looking forward to these...will be my first ZMF, the only closed-backs, and the only real wood cups that I own. Plugging into the Zana and MZ3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back