ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jul 8, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #6,856 of 12,461
I just purchased the BE2 solid suede and the Universe Suede pads. Should be interesting.
The other thing is that you seem to be wanting to reach a conclusion now about the best pads to your ears but since your VC are new, I'd suggest putting that off until you have 200 hours on them since most people hear changes as they burn in. Your conclusions now with few hours on them may not be the same as when they settle into how they're always going to sound. I certainly experienced that when I got my Auteurs new. I tried 2 sets of pads initially and didn't have a strong preference so I kept the Auteur pads on for several weeks. Tried the others again at that point and I had a strong preference for the Eikon suedes and now that's all I use with them.

Jul 8, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #6,857 of 12,461
I’m on the hunt for a new headphone cable. The sleeve on my current one is far too microphonic for my liking.

Generally, are unsleeved more or less microphonic than sleeved? I’ve seen contradicting opinions.

Surely, unsleeved is smoother and hence quieter? The material on mine is so rough, the sound it makes drives me nuts!

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #6,859 of 12,461
I’m on the hunt for a new headphone cable. The sleeve on my current one is far too microphonic for my liking.

Generally, are unsleeved more or less microphonic than sleeved? I’ve seen contradicting opinions.

Surely, unsleeved is smoother and hence quieter? The material on mine is so rough, the sound it makes drives me nuts!

So I don't think it's as easy as sleeved is microphonic and unsleeved isn't.

Alot of other factors come into play. Is the cable braided litz? What is the geometry and gauge of the litz? What type of dielectric is used? Does the cable wire use insulation? What is the material? And on...

I've used Moon Audio cables in the past that were good and non microphonic. I took some advise from fellow Verite owners and upgraded a few months ago to a great pure copper cable from Norne Audio called the Drausk. It's definitely been a step or two up from the Moon Audio cable. The Drausk is totally none microphonic and has a very unique litz geometry and is also very thick in gauge. I know other owners like a few other respected brands. I'd say usually the better cable companies have figured out offering cables that are none microphonic and usually also add to the overall sound presentation. I'm sure others have brands they like. But for me Norne Audio had been great and I'd absolutely order from them again.

Best of luck.

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #6,860 of 12,461

I'd consider ZMF's cables. I love mine. I'm not sure why more isn't said about them on this thread.

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #6,861 of 12,461
I've officially joined the ZMF bandwagon with a VC LTD Olive. :)

Looking forward to pairing it with a Sparkos Aries amp and a Bifrost 2. Now begins the long burn-in period! Thanks @zach915m for making such masterpieces!

Attachments

• 20210708_132246.jpg
    20210708_132246.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210708_133313.jpg
    20210708_133313.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Jul 9, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #6,863 of 12,461
The other thing is that you seem to be wanting to reach a conclusion now about the best pads to your ears but since your VC are new, I'd suggest putting that off until you have 200 hours on them since most people hear changes as they burn in. Your conclusions now with few hours on them may not be the same as when they settle into how they're always going to sound. I certainly experienced that when I got my Auteurs new. I tried 2 sets of pads initially and didn't have a strong preference so I kept the Auteur pads on for several weeks. Tried the others again at that point and I had a strong preference for the Eikon suedes and now that's all I use with them.
I have a feeling that solid suedes are going to work well with my VC's. I'm purchasing them to see if my suspicions have any validity on a personal and subjective level, and to placate my curiosity.

Jul 9, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #6,864 of 12,461
So I don't think it's as easy as sleeved is microphonic and unsleeved isn't.

Alot of other factors come into play. Is the cable braided litz? What is the geometry and gauge of the litz? What type of dielectric is used? Does the cable wire use insulation? What is the material? And on...

I've used Moon Audio cables in the past that were good and non microphonic. I took some advise from fellow Verite owners and upgraded a few months ago to a great pure copper cable from Norne Audio called the Drausk. It's definitely been a step or two up from the Moon Audio cable. The Drausk is totally none microphonic and has a very unique litz geometry and is also very thick in gauge. I know other owners like a few other respected brands. I'd say usually the better cable companies have figured out offering cables that are none microphonic and usually also add to the overall sound presentation. I'm sure others have brands they like. But for me Norne Audio had been great and I'd absolutely order from them again.

Best of luck.
Thank you. Norne get recommended all the time!
I'd consider ZMF's cables. I love mine. I'm not sure why more isn't said about them on this thread.
Thanks, which one did you go for?

Jul 9, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #6,865 of 12,461

Looking forward to pairing it with a Sparkos Aries amp and a Bifrost 2. Now begins the long burn-in period! Thanks @zach915m for making such masterpieces!
Really nice looking pair! I think the color of the Olive Wood contrasted with the black hardware looks killer! Congrats!

Jul 9, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #6,866 of 12,461

Congrats those Olives came out really well! When did you order?

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #6,869 of 12,461
They arrived today. Absolutely love them in looks and sound. My home working set up has improved drastically. Also, what an amazing unboxing experience. I was really lucky as mine came in a wooden case too :)

Attachments

• BE8AA697-4EF3-46B4-96B6-702EE7AF20A1.jpeg
    BE8AA697-4EF3-46B4-96B6-702EE7AF20A1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back