ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jul 8, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #6,796 of 12,461
Thanks mate. Matter of interest, what cables do you use to partner the hugo2 with the c9?
I use this Exo series 4 foot 3.5mm from Plussound. I really recommend getting a longer cable to pair them, as it's super fiddly with a regular 30cm IC. It's also much handier to have a longer cable if the Hugo 2 is on a desktop, because of the weird placement of the ports.

20210708_104048.jpg20210708_103634.jpg

BTW: contrary to my earlier remark (because I forgot you had the C9), I would say that unless you're looking for a desktop amp, the C9 will be more than enough for the VC. I never have to dial it beyond 1pm. But more than that, it's just an excellent pairing, with fantastic dynamics, and an engaging timbre. I only wish it was desktop mode, so I could leave it on all day!

Jul 8, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #6,798 of 12,461
I use this Exo series 4 foot 3.5mm from Plussound. I really recommend getting a longer cable to pair them, as it's super fiddly with a regular 30cm IC. It's also much handier to have a longer cable if the Hugo 2 is on a desktop, because of the weird placement of the ports.

BTW: contrary to my earlier remark (because I forgot you had the C9), I would say that unless you're looking for a desktop amp, the C9 will be more than enough for the VC. I never have to dial it beyond 1pm. But more than that, it's just an excellent pairing, with fantastic dynamics, and an engaging timbre. I only wish it was desktop mode, so I could leave it on all day!
Thanks. Which port in the hugo2 are you plugging into? Headphone socket?

Jul 8, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #6,801 of 12,461
Hi Friends - first time on this thread. I am considering getting a VC. Have had auditions with the VO and VC, albeit brief. I am sure this is a much repeated question on this thread, but if you will kindly oblige me:
1. What differences do you perceive between the VO and the VC?
And...
2. Has anyone tried the VC with the Feliks Euforia (either the standard or the anniversary edition)?
Thanks much in advance!
For context, I have a Susvara, TC, Raal Sr1a, and the new HIFIMAN closed-back planar.
Best,
Sajid

Jul 8, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #6,802 of 12,461
Hey, you said that the Auteur Lamb Solid pads were your preferred pad for the VC. What type of wood is your VC?
My VC is made from Ambrosia Maple, however the amp and DAC I am using have a bigger impact on the sound, than the type of wood.

Jul 8, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #6,804 of 12,461
How do you like the Morpheus with the VC? I have one the way....
It's incredible, they both have very detailed, spacious and holographic presentations and combined it's phenomenal. The Morpheus let's the VC be all that it can be, and there is some magic going on with this pairing no doubt. I have been reading your post about the Morpheus and I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you have had some time with it. I think you are in for a treat.

Edit - I bet the Morpheus is going to pair extremely well with the Sparkos Aries too.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #6,805 of 12,461
It's incredible, they both have very detailed, spacious and holographic presentations and combined it's phenomenal. The Morpheus let's the VC be all that it can be, and there is some magic going on with this pairing no doubt. I have been reading your post about the Morpheus and I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you have had some time with it. I think you are in for a treat.
Lovely! Look forward to it. And I'll be happy to share my impressions when it arrives (should be here early next week).

Jul 8, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #6,806 of 12,461
Thanks, does are the ones I am using. I guess this headphones are not my cup of tea
Typically owners who find the auteur pads too warm will like Be2 solid or verite solid or universe suede. The pad chart from our site can be helpful:

PadGuideShopify_v2_1c09fe3a-d865-46ab-9ab4-1316232c77a4_1296x.jpg

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 8, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #6,808 of 12,461
Detail retrieval and separation is not that great and there is a weird veil in the mids
Curious what amp and DAC you are using the VC with?

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #6,810 of 12,461
Detail retrieval and separation is not that great and there is a weird veil in the mids
Are there a few headphones you feel do those things better? The VC is generally considered to be very strong in terms of detail, clarity, separation, etc. But if you're coming from stuff like Stax or some planars I could see how you'd find them veiled. This would be helpful for those considering the VC.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back