ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 18, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #6,196 of 12,429
Olé ! it looks like a cult with its guru ! wait for a reliable and well informed answer, if you don't know there is no need to try to divert, it doesn't make sense. No attack on my part, just need to know exactly what this aspect of things is, and then make my choices according to my conscience. Maybe everything is fine, and that's what I want.

:)
try emailing ZMF directly instead of asking random people and insulting those who try to help you.

May 18, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #6,197 of 12,429
Ah, Seasons in the Abyss, one of my favorite Slayer albums. 🤘😆🤘 Nice setup you've got there.
Heh, cheers. To my mind, Seasons combines the ferocity of Reign in Blood while incorporating the epic grandeur of South of Heaven, and in the same measure outdoes both. It's arguably their pinnacle!

May 18, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #6,198 of 12,429
try emailing ZMF directly instead of asking random people and insulting those who try to help you.
no help in the messages I replied to nor any credible information, any more than yours, but just comparisons between cabbages and carrots without interest. If it's not interesting to you and you don't have the information, no need to respond my friend.
I think this question may be of interest to other people, so I'll ask it here. If it is not interesting, it will just be forgotten, no problem for me.

May 18, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #6,199 of 12,429
no help in the messages I replied to nor any credible information, any more than yours, but just comparisons between cabbages and carrots without interest. If it's not interesting to you and you don't have the information, no need to respond my friend.
I think this question may be of interest to other people, so I'll ask it here. If it is not interesting, it will just be forgotten, no problem for me.
IIRC ZMF stated that the desert ironwood was legally sourced from naturally felled trees. Frankly I would be surprised if ZMF was using anything but legal wood.

Im as big of a nature lover as any other person here, but at what point does one draw the proverbial line in the sand?
Should we stop listening to all music created with Gibson guitars?

https://money.cnn.com/2012/08/06/ne... settled with,the U.S. government said Monday.

May 18, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #6,200 of 12,429
Excellent question. You’re going to pick up some heat for this one (because no one likes to think their beautiful whatever is contributing to the destruction of the environment) but the moral thing to do is ask.

What ZMF says on their website is they only purchase wood through accredited dealers. I don’t know what that actually means, but I’m pretty sure @zach915m will be along shortly to explain it.

If you still have concerns after that but want a pair of headphones made of renewable materials, consider maple, cherry, or other species that are sustainability grown and harvested with renewable protein leather earpads and headstrap.
All the wood we buy and machine is bought within the USA and sent to our machining facility of which we own all the equipment and CNC machines for. All the wood suppliers we use have already imported the wood if needed and passed it through CITES and any other regulatory means necessary. We do buy wood from a number of US based wood suppliers since I am pretty picky about what we get and want to make sure it's good for machining. Luckily for headphones we don't need huge logs as we're always cutting them down into blocks for the CNC.

My hope is to have many more videos up about our process by the end of the year!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 18, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #6,201 of 12,429
Also the used market is an option, you wouldn’t be hurting any trees if you are concerned about cutting down on the amount of wood used if you buy one that’s already made.

May 18, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #6,202 of 12,429
Also the used market is an option, you wouldn’t be hurting any trees if you are concerned about cutting down on the amount of wood used if you buy one that’s already made.
Aren't wood materials, which are renewable (plant a tree when you buy one) better for the environment then plastic used in others?

May 18, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #6,203 of 12,429
With all of those tube amps there is plenty of Co2 being generated to help new trees grow up big and strong ;p.

May 18, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #6,204 of 12,429
a 100 heresy will delivery all of that. 300mw will max out the driver. It’s all about specs. A 100 heresy will drive it completely transparent and clean.

Zach recommended to use OTL tube amplifiers.
I bought Blue Halo tube amp because of his advice.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #6,205 of 12,429
Zach recommended to use OTL tube amplifiers.
I bought Blue Halo tube amp because of his advice.
I can totally see the benefit to tube amps. The discussions was originally about solid state amps. Tube amps are pretty subjective but I can totally tell how they could add to the sound in a way that improves it for people. I just don't personally have the desk space for all of that.

May 18, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #6,206 of 12,429
I think my 6.35mm cable just died on the right side. I've done all the basic testing to isolate the cable: plugging a 3.5mm cable plus adapter into the same chain, there are no problems with the amp/DAC/headphone/anything else (thank God - my mind immediately jumped to the possibility of driver failure and how long it would take to get them back on my head!) Right side audio suddenly cut out in the middle of me doing something at my PC, I wasn't moving or jostling anything, and plugging all the cables back in as securely as I know how doesn't seem to fix it. Any special tricks that may get it working (someone told me the trick of heating a Schiit Modi up with a blowdryer if it stops being recognized by your PC - I'm dumbfounded, it worked) or other things to check?

Would my warranty still include a replacement cable if I got an original desert ironwood off the very first drop?

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #6,207 of 12,429
I think my 6.35mm cable just died on the right side. I've done all the basic testing to isolate the cable: plugging a 3.5mm cable plus adapter into the same chain, there are no problems with the amp/DAC/headphone/anything else (thank God - my mind immediately jumped to the possibility of driver failure and how long it would take to get them back on my head!) Right side audio suddenly cut out in the middle of me doing something at my PC, I wasn't moving or jostling anything, and plugging all the cables back in as securely as I know how doesn't seem to fix it. Any special tricks that may get it working (someone told me the trick of heating a Schiit Modi up with a blowdryer if it stops being recognized by your PC - I'm dumbfounded, it worked) or other things to check?
You could remove the termination shells to look at the wiring or use a multimeter to check continuity on the right side wiring. If it the solder broke or wire broke then it just needs to be repaired.
Would my warranty still include a replacement cable if I got an original desert ironwood off the very first drop?
I'm not sure what ZMF policy is on warranty for cables. They have $25/hr cable re-solder work though. Lots of new information on the FAQ page, particularly the bottom restore portion. https://www.zmfheadphones.com/headphone-faq

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #6,208 of 12,429

Send us an email and we can look up your order!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 18, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #6,209 of 12,429
I don’t think so, but maybe the ethical thing to do would be to avoid avoid buying Gibson guitars. I’m not saying don’t buy Gibson guitars, but I can see an argument for not doing so.

I personally struggle with this. No one person buying any one product is responsible for destruction of wildlife habitat or causing climate change. That said, we’re all contributing, myself included. We’re beyond what’s sustainable for the planet and at some point in the not too distant future it’s going to bite us.

I personally believe headphones made from renewable materials is a good thing. The environmental impact of a ZMF headphone is probably considerably less than the iPhone I’m typing this post on or a Focal headphone, but asking the question opens the door to a little necessary introspection that benefits all of us.

May 18, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #6,210 of 12,429
My
Im as big of a nature lover as any other person here, but at what point does one draw the proverbial line in the sand?
I am drawing the line right here...a day without listening to Gibson's.....that would be insane :laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back