ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 30, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #5,926 of 12,461
As much as I want a Stabilized VC I need to hear one before commiting to a VC, having one would look nice with my Autuer but if it’s not what I expect I’d probably feel a bit bummed.

Apr 30, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #5,927 of 12,461
Hey all! Thanks to everyone for the interest in these, it's really flattering and our whole team stood by and watched as over 300 people went for the 25 sets. If we find any suspicious payment activity we will definitely cancel orders, but a majority of the buyers I already know by name or have talked to in the past.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think the demand for headphones I designed would be at this level but I am truly humbled and appreciative. We will try to increase production of these beautiful stabilized sets soon and we have tons of new wood coming in for them.

I don't know of any bots or anything that made purchases but we will look into protection for this in the future just in case.

The next batch will be released at an early AM time, and will be for another 25 sets of VC and some stabilized aeolus.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 30, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #5,928 of 12,461
Hey all! Thanks to everyone for the interest in these, it's really flattering and our whole team stood by and watched as over 300 people went for the 25 sets. If we find any suspicious payment activity we will definitely cancel orders, but a majority of the buyers I already know by name or have talked to in the past.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think the demand for headphones I designed would be at this level but I am truly humbled and appreciative. We will try to increase production of these beautiful stabilized sets soon and we have tons of new wood coming in for them.

I don't know of any bots or anything that made purchases but we will look into protection for this in the future just in case.

The next batch will be released at an early AM time, and will be for another 25 sets of VC and some stabilized aeolus.
Any thought to doing some sort of wait list/queue system Zach? It would mean that however long it takes, someone who wants a stabilized will eventually get one at least.

Apr 30, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #5,929 of 12,461

It’s deserved, you guys make the best looking headphones and from what I’ve tried; the best sounding too. At the same time it’s cool to think everyone’s VC will be just a little more unique, it’s like going to a Car meet and seeing how everyone has the same car, but the details are all so different from one another.

Apr 30, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #5,930 of 12,461
Congrats Zach and team and the lucky buyers..

As a VC owner I'm not in this game, but I agree with what some have said that a lottery (absurd if you stop to think about this, a lottery to win the right to spend 3k... :) ) is more fair, as it eliminates internet speeds, cookies, verification methods, bots maybe... Anyway, all things that should not matter... And give everyone an equal opportunity to get one of these beauties.

Apr 30, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #5,932 of 12,461
Haha, I live on an island with some time difference so I woke up at 3:30 am (6:30 pm cst) assuming some models would clearly be available...what a fool ! All gone in 4 minutes...Quite disappointed but bravo to all new (and fast) owners of very unique and 1st class headphones !

Apr 30, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #5,933 of 12,461
Yes, a lottery where you could put in a first / second choice would be great... although already a VC owner I thought if I could get Volcanis, Canephora or Sonora I would be super happy and I could pass along my existing VC to a new owner once the stabilized set came in. Like others I had it in my cart but...

Even though there was some disappointment in not getting a set I did enjoy seeing all the creativity that went into these, and participating in the process. Added some excitement to my Friday night!

Apr 30, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #5,934 of 12,461

Congrats to you Zach, Bevin and team. The only thing more beautiful than your wood working expertise is the way the VC sounds!

25 people are very lucky tonight.

Apr 30, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #5,935 of 12,461
I agree. I missed out on the previous VC batch and have been waiting ever since. If anything this goldrush has taught me that I'm not cutout for this style of system.
I placed an order for the VC Olive Wood several days ago. I knew the Stabilized sets would be terrific, but I also knew there was no way I would be fast enough with the ordering process to actually get one. However, the Olive Wood version looks really nice, and you can customize it however you want! I have a VC Ironwood as well that I ordered in September 2019 (on the very first day the VC was available to order). Delivery time took around 12 weeks, but that time goes by fast, and this headphone is worth the wait. I have very much enjoyed listening to it for the past 16 months! So I plan on just having 2 VCs - maybe one for my portable set-up and one for my desktop set-up...we'll see.

Apr 30, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #5,936 of 12,461
I just purchased a monkeypod and it’s still in burn in. Will there be that much difference between stabilized and non stabilized wood sound wise? wish I had waited but have no regrets based on what I am hearing so far with monkeypod in my setup.
I am resurfacing this…my earlier question got pushed 6 pages deep in 2 min as the purchasing frenzy of stabilized kits started! I need to time my questions better I think - lol!

So, now that the dust has settled a bit does anyone had/having both non stabilized VC and stabilized find a huge difference in sonic characters?

Apr 30, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #5,937 of 12,461
I am resurfacing this…my earlier question got pushed 6 pages deep in 2 min as the purchasing frenzy of stabilized kits started! I need to time my questions better I think - lol!

So, now that the dust has settled a bit does anyone had/having both non stabilized VC and stabilized find a huge difference in sonic characters?
From owning various densities of various ZMF, I can say that I prefer the denser woods. I thought it would be the other way around because in general I love reverb, but the fast transients and general immediacy are preferable to me on the harder woods. Enough that I now chase the hardest.

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #5,938 of 12,461
Does anyone know how long would I need to wait for Stabilized VC? Is it going to be similar wait like 2 months or is it faster since it's already built out? Thanks!

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #5,939 of 12,461
I placed an order for the VC Olive Wood several days ago. I knew the Stabilized sets would be terrific, but I also knew there was no way I would be fast enough with the ordering process to actually get one. However, the Olive Wood version looks really nice, and you can customize it however you want! I have a VC Ironwood as well that I ordered in September 2019 (on the very first day the VC was available to order). Delivery time took around 12 weeks, but that time goes by fast, and this headphone is worth the wait. I have very much enjoyed listening to it for the past 16 months! So I plan on just having 2 VCs - maybe one for my portable set-up and one for my desktop set-up...we'll see.
I also placed an order for the VC Olive wood, I think it looks just as beautiful as any of the Stabilized without the anxiety... But big congrats to all happy owners of this batch of Stabilized VC!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back