ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 30, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #5,851 of 12,461
Very nice... you have lot of space to keep CDs etc as well. I wish I had such skills, tools and space to make it happen
Easier than you might think. The frame is T-slot extruded aluminum I ordered pre cut and machined, Same for the.wood. Aside from a lot of time spent sanding and finishing the wood, the whole thing went together in an evening.

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #5,852 of 12,461
Holy hell Stardust is something special.

00_LTD_VC_Shopify72_1_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Wow, is that the newest design?

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #5,853 of 12,461
Wow, is that the newest design?
Yeah, I was perusing all the 3rd-batch stabilized VCs on their site this morning. This one really struck me. I have a soft spot for their blue/black looks (despite having and loving a purple set of stabilized VCs from the 2nd batch), and am always impressed at how they get some natural fire-looking colors to shine through the dye.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #5,854 of 12,461
I am favoring a particular one of the stabilized series to be released this evening - but am wondering can Zach announce what colors will be available in the next batch? I really liked the pete (think that was the name) from the last batch so don't know whether to pull the trigger on this batch or wait for the next if pete will be in it..

Apr 30, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #5,855 of 12,461
I am favoring a particular one of the stabilized series to be released this evening - but am wondering can Zach announce what colors will be available in the next batch? I really liked the pete (think that was the name) from the last batch so don't know whether to pull the trigger on this batch or wait for the next if pete will be in it..
That'll never happen. It would cannibalize sales on this batch for you to hope that someone doesn't beat you to that variant in the next batch.
Next batch colors will surely be released the day before.

Apr 30, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #5,856 of 12,461
@zach915m any thoughts on a run of stabilized Salires? Or is that just too big to really get out of one piece of wood?
We have been asked that before - and when pricing it out the cost would come to about 500 usd per Salire as the wood cost is about 10x as much. I just don't know if anyone would be interested in that but who knows maybe we will do a couple at some point but we have no plans to now.
I honestly haven't fully looked over the next batch as I've been so focused on this one. Every batch has a lot of unique and beautiful sets, I definitely wouldn't say one batch will be better than the other and vice versa.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 30, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #5,859 of 12,461
I have to echo what @zach915m said that each batch is so beautiful and unique. And until the wood is sanded and polished, you really won't know how it turns out - with no two being the same. But one thing is for sure, they are all gorgeous and captivating.

And in unrelated news, this morning I received my @ampsandsound Mogwai SE w/ Jupiter Caps and the walnut burl base (spoiler alert: the sound is incredible). Here is a picture of it with my stabilized VCs from the very first batch during ZMF November

IMG_3519.jpg

Apr 30, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #5,862 of 12,461
I'm literally going to flip a coin 5 minutes prior to the release to decide whether to go for Volcanis or Stardust. I can't decide, lol.
Things may get decided for you... :) Best of luck!

Apr 30, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #5,864 of 12,461
I just purchased a monkeypod and it’s still in burn in. Will there be that much difference between stabilized and non stabilized wood sound wise? wish I had waited but have no regrets based on what I am hearing so far with monkeypod in my setup.

Apr 30, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #5,865 of 12,461
+1 to this. I've been holding out waiting on the 3rd stabilized drop and was resigned to taking my chances...until I saw the new LTD olive. Then I realized I like it basically just as much as any stabilized set I've seen so far. So the fact that I could take my time to configure the way I wanted (all suede, charcoal magnesium chassis, brass rods) and save $300 over stabilized made the choice an easy one for me.
+1 to this as well. I just ordered the beautiful LTD Olive with my choice or rod color, strap & aluminum chasis.... and saved $300 and a lot of anxiety!!!, now comes the worst part... THE WAIT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back