ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Feb 13, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #4,906 of 12,461
Not sure, probably either my Beyer A2 or my big old Headroom Max, though I've about the bite the bullet on a Phonitor XE!
Looks like a great plan. Can't wait to see what you think.

Feb 15, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #4,907 of 12,461
I am listening to mine right now with my Bottlehead Crack. It's fantastic sound. The fun part is tuning it to your preferences.

Don’t know if you like EDM, but I think this would sound pretty good with a bottle head crack and VC. Parts of it are pretty holographic.

Feb 16, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #4,908 of 12,461
New headphone stand to match the ZMFs

1613528765728.jpeg

Feb 16, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #4,909 of 12,461
Feb 16, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #4,910 of 12,461
Feb 17, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #4,912 of 12,461
That’s got to be from Borykworkshop!

Galapac - Beautiful !! Wow!

Ckhirnigs113 -- Thank you for identifying!! I just placed an order (via etsy) myself. Been looking for a stand for my VC camphor burl too and this is perfect.

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #4,913 of 12,461
Hi VC owners,

I became quite interested in VC lately and have a quick question to ask. Does it really take that long to ship (6-12 weeks) if I order now from ZMF's website? Alternatively, is there any sale event I can expect sometime in the future where they will just have a batch ready-to-ship? I very much want to get one now but was worried about the long production lead-time.

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #4,914 of 12,461
A
Galapac - Beautiful !! Wow!

Ckhirnigs113 -- Thank you for identifying!! I just placed an order (via etsy) myself. Been looking for a stand for my VC camphor burl too and this is perfect.
When you order, be sure to ask him if you can make the stand with a little extra depth (at least 115 mm) if it matters to you to have the pads fit perfectly on the stand. I think his standard depth is 110mm. The pads on most ZMF's will hang off a little bit at 110mm. I think the ones he list as "Extra Wide" are 115mm in depth. This is perfect for ZMF's. If you reach out to him, he seems to be able to custom make most of his stands in the "Extra Wide" size, so it's worth asking him.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #4,915 of 12,461
Hi VC owners,

I became quite interested in VC lately and have a quick question to ask. Does it really take that long to ship (6-12 weeks) if I order now from ZMF's website? Alternatively, is there any sale event I can expect sometime in the future where they will just have a batch ready-to-ship? I very much want to get one now but was worried about the long production lead-time.

ZMFs are popular and yes, it does take that long to get a new pair. I bought both of my ZMFs 2nd hand, partially for that reason. The price being the other part.

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #4,916 of 12,461
ZMFs are popular and yes, it does take that long to get a new pair. I bought both of my ZMFs 2nd hand, partially for that reason. The price being the other part.
Thanks for the info! I will probably start looking for a good condition VC as well. :)

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #4,917 of 12,461
Hi VC owners,

ZMF November might be one to wait for. They had a few headphones ready to ship, and I got my VCs roughly 4 weeks after buying during that sale.

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #4,918 of 12,461
Don’t know if you like EDM, but I think this would sound pretty good with a bottle head crack and VC. Parts of it are pretty holographic.

I didn't see this earlier. I don't listen to much EDM, but I'll give this a try. Thanks!

Feb 17, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #4,919 of 12,461
This. So much this.

I do not believe I am alone when I say: (Boldness and size added by me) I couldn't care less that some random dude is all hot and bothered by some random issue with some random product and wants to SJW his ego and feelings into some false sense of moral righteousness. Even if the product is a ZMF item. It's nothing personal. That stuff is just low IQ cancel culture twitter crap, and I don't need it.

What I do care about is that the vendor was given a fair shot to remedy the issue, and how they actually handled it. If ZMF tells someone "sucks for you, now bugger off" when an actual problem exists... THEN I want to know about it. That is something important that a hobby community needs to know about. Likewise, if they went above and beyond and completely resolved the issue, that's something a community needs to know about too.

If you haven't even reached out to ZMF about your issue / concern / whatever (or if you can't even be bothered to reply to Bevin via email) then don't post a flame/rant unless you want to get flamed back. Children whine about stuff, adults work towards resolutions. Don't be a child. The internet is not going to coddle you or your feelings. Sorry. It's the truth.
You are absolutely, positively NOT alone! There are so many other posts that also cogently address various aspects of the this person's misguided harangue. Wabi sabi; the remarkable and uplifting story of Zach and Bevin's well-deserved success; and others illustrate this point wonderfully. I know I'm preaching to the choir but.....STILL--feel the urge (probably not really a need) to vent here. The story of ZMF's remarkable success is a very welcome one, especially in times like these (covid, crappy news as the pervasive norm) and in an era like this one (of the past several decades) of mass production and outsourcing. This is a company that has achieved success for all the right reasons and they've done so in one of the most idiosyncratic, detail-oriented, demanding, and small markets imaginable. OF COURSE there will be imperfections. Sacred feces! (Holy s***) OF COURSE. This does nothing to detract from the miraculously magnificent product line they've created through blood, sweat, tears, and absolutely remarkable talent and ingenuity. Perhaps the fact that so many of us are bristling is a testament to how magnificent the ZMF line is. I don't think I'm alone when I say that I'm picky as hell. And Zach has managed to blow me away. Living in this universe, one must accept imperfections; the fact that ZMF asymptotically approaches perfection is a wonderful consolation.
I’m loving my new to me VCs.

How do you like the Microzotl? The MZ3 is an interesting amp, but I am not sure how I'll be able to hear one over here...
Love the MZ2. Great customer service too (I’ve never had any issues, just asking questions, and getting recommendations on headphones, etc and they were great).

I bought mine directly from LTA and it was a customer trade in (but I couldn’t tell it had been used). Drop them an email and they will tell you if they have any trade ins for sale. You’ll be able to get one at a discount.

I’ll probably upgrade to Mz3 at some point down the road. I like the look of the 3 better but the MZ2 matches the VCs and the sound is perfect for me. Top to bottom the bass, mids and highs match my music taste (indie, jazz, rock, some classical). I also like the option of using it with some high efficiency speakers when I have a dedicated room.
FINALLY someone else posting about the MicroZOTL 2! For me, this miraculous little amplifier has been essentially perfect with the VC as well. Thank you for posting. I feel less alone.
Hi VC owners,

One thing to be said here: It's worth the wait. These are endgame. ZMF takes the time to get it right, and they approach (but do not reach*) perfection. This takes time. It's an unusual paradigm in today's world. It is to be accepted, cherished, and embraced, in my (humble but very strongly held) opinion.

*Nobody and nothing ever reach perfection in this universe, of course.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #4,920 of 12,461
Hey guys, I'm going to buy the VC, but I'm debating about which headband and strap to get. I'm not interested in the pilot/co-pilot upgrade yet ; ) ...I'm referring to the standard band and strap. Has anyone owned both the All Leather and the Leather band and suede strap. I'm wondering if the suede will get dirty faster and lose its shape, or if the leather strap is not comfortable. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back