ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 27, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #4,066 of 12,429
I was lucky enough to snag the Grimace! Can’t wait. Then again, I did purchase a Camphur Burl pair (rarities; non B-stock) on Wednesday. But I just couldn’t resist the Stabilized. I collect guitars and the finish reminds of a beautiful guitar (like a Private Stock PRS, for those who are familiar). In any event, I now have two pairs on order and as much as I would like to keep both, it’s hard to justify. PM me please if you would like me to “assign” you the Burl and have them shipped directly from ZMF at a bit of a discount.

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #4,067 of 12,429
I was lucky enough to snag the Grimace! Can’t wait. Then again, I did purchase a Camphur Burl pair (rarities; non B-stock) on Wednesday. But I just couldn’t resist the Stabilized. I collect guitars and the finish reminds of a beautiful guitar (like a Private Stock PRS, for those who are familiar). In any event, I now have two pairs on order and as much as I would like to keep both, it’s hard to justify. PM me please if you would like me to “assign” you the Burl and have them shipped directly from ZMF at a bit of a discount.
I can't wait to see pictures :)

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #4,068 of 12,429
I loved the Blush Bhatik! So awesome, but alas it was not to be - I was there at 2pm CST but someone beat me to them. Whoever you are, I hope you are thankful the day after Thanksgiving for scoring such an amazing pair of headphones. So beautiful!

Nov 27, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #4,070 of 12,429
All were very, very nice headphones. I appreciate the creative names as much as the finishes themselves. I would've loved to have been in the room while @zach915m and team came up with those names. I bet it was fun! I don't know if Zach is a Game of Thrones fan, but if he makes one with swirls of green and names it "Wildfire" I call dibs on it right now! :L3000:

1606531035712.png

Nov 27, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #4,071 of 12,429
I collect guitars and the finish reminds of a beautiful guitar (like a Private Stock PRS, for those who are familiar).

@OverMyHead great call on the PRS comparison - I also love the fretboards on those guitars. Amazing character and attention to detail

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #4,072 of 12,429
All were very, very nice headphones. I appreciate the creative names as much as the finishes themselves. I would've loved to have been in the room while @zach915m and team came up with those names. I bet it was fun! I don't know if Zach is a Game of Thrones fan, but if he makes one with swirls of green and names it "Wildfire" I call dibs on it right now! :L3000:

1606531035712.png

I agree about naming the headphones, I would have loved to see the name along side the actual headphones.

Nov 28, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #4,073 of 12,429
I agree about naming the headphones, I would have loved to see the name along side the actual headphones.

That’s a hot take for sure! Maybe something on the underside of the leather band would be cool. All I know is that I need to somehow convince my wife that the sound from my auteurs is annoying her and that the solution will be to wait until about Thanksgiving 2021 to buy a VC from ZMF November.

Nov 28, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #4,074 of 12,429
That’s a hot take for sure! Maybe something on the underside of the leather band would be cool. All I know is that I need to somehow convince my wife that the sound from my auteurs is annoying her and that the solution will be to wait until about Thanksgiving 2021 to buy a VC from ZMF November.

That would cause a lot more work...I think it was just a great idea for when selling them to have a name associated with them instead of set A/B/C ect.
To me all of these stabilized sets are one of headphones.

Nov 28, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #4,075 of 12,429
That would cause a lot more work...I think it was just a great idea for when selling them to have a name associated with them instead of set A/B/C ect.
To me all of these stabilized sets are one of headphones.

Ahh maybe I misinterpreted. I thought you meant to have the name somewhere on the actual headphone, like emblazoned across one of the cups (which is why I was saying that’s a hot take).

I think they’re awesome the way they are personally!

Nov 29, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #4,077 of 12,429
I powered mine with an LP for about a year before upgrading to a Pendant a few weeks ago. I ran my LP balanced in/out so that is what my experience is based off of. I enjoyed the pairing. I used a pair of Holland made RCA tubes for extra bass and a pair of Japan made Toshiba tubes for just clarity and beautiful smooth mids and treble. The Pendant brings the VC to a whole different level though.

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #4,078 of 12,429
has anyone tried them with monoprice liquid platinum? Is it a good pairing? How's the experience?

I am curtrently using an LP with my VC while I wait for my new custom amp and they sound amazing. I have found my favorite pair of tubes to be 1958 12AU7 Amperex long plate D getters followed by a pair of Brimar square getters. I have several other pairs of tubes which all sound good but those 2 stand out so far as my favorites. I also run my LP balanced in/out with a Music Fidelity MX DAC and a Sony WM1Z as the source.

Nov 29, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #4,079 of 12,429
I am curtrently using an LP with my VC while I wait for my new custom amp and they sound amazing. I have found my favorite pair of tubes to be 1958 12AU7 Amperex long plate D getters followed by a pair of Brimar square getters. I have several other pairs of tubes which all sound good but those 2 stand out so far as my favorites. I also run my LP balanced in/out with a Music Fidelity MX DAC and a Sony WM1Z as the source.

I just saw your sig, and I was wondering what you think of running the VC from the Arche. I know that a tube amp is preferable, but I'd appreciate your feedback on this.

Nov 29, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #4,080 of 12,429
I just saw your sig, and I was wondering what you think of running the VC from the Arche. I know that a tube amp is preferable, but I'd appreciate your feedback on this.

I am using a different DAC with the Arche, a Sonnet Morpheus, and it sounds fantastic. I am thinking about selling the Arche when my new amp arrives as I have determined I prefer the warmth tubes offer, but I have truly enjoyed the Arche, especially with the VC. I purchased the Morpheus to pair with a new hybrid tube amp, and since it arrived before my amp is finished, I hooked it up to the Arche which I had been listening to without a DAC. The Morpheus brought the Arche to life, soundstage is larger, detail is better, bass has more slam, and vocals have come to the forefront. I bought the Arche/Clear bundle which sounds amazing but I enjoy the VCs more with the Arche. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back