ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 22, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #3,841 of 12,461
If you have a wife who's willing to take such amazingly cool, "glamour" photos of your audiophile ultra-summit, best in the world kind of headphones, then.....you should keep her forever and do whatever it takes--whatever it takes*--to make her happy and keep her happy. For you, kind sir, are a blessed man among audiophiles. :):beerchug::beyersmile:

*Within reason, of course, but in this case not much is outside the realm of reason. :relaxed:
Thank you!

My wife is actually very accommodating to my obsession hobby; she doesn't nag too much about my spending, but she does give me that look if I overspend (and I do that, quite often!). The cherry on top? She's also an audiophile, thanks to my incessant talk about IEMs, headphones, DAPs, amplifiers, blah blah blah. She probably had enough of it all, and thought, "if I can't beat him, join him". So, yeah, we're on this great musical journey together. :)

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #3,842 of 12,461
Thank you!

My wife is actually very accommodating to my obsession hobby; she doesn't nag too much about my spending, but she does give me that look if I overspend (and I do that, quite often!). The cherry on top? She's also an audiophile, thanks to my incessant talk about IEMs, headphones, DAPs, amplifiers, blah blah blah. She probably had enough of it all, and thought, "if I can't beat him, join him". So, yeah, we're on this great musical journey together. :)
How WONDERFUL!!!

Women have better hearing than men do. So presumably she's listened to the VC and decided it's essentially perfect, correct?

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #3,843 of 12,461
How WONDERFUL!!!

Women have better hearing than men do. So presumably she's listened to the VC and decided it's essentially perfect, correct?
Oh, yeah, she loves it. She says it's her favorite closed-back headphone, thus far (and she's heard quite a lot, too).

We'll just have to learn to share the good stuff. :wink:

Oct 23, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #3,844 of 12,461
Oh, yeah, she loves it. She says it's her favorite closed-back headphone, thus far (and she's heard quite a lot, too).

We'll just have to learn to share the good stuff. :wink:

This is pretty cool to hear. My wife usually listen's to music with some cheap ear buds, she has listened to my headphones at times, and with some nice cans, HD800, LCD-3, LCD-4, Ori, Atticus, numerous Grados, but she has never really said too much about the sound. She listened to the VC the other night for the first time for any extended length of time. It has been the first time she has ever raved to me about the sound of any of my gear. She had a couple of those "wow" moments that many of us talk about, while she was listening to The Alan Parsons Project's Vulture Culture.

Oct 23, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #3,846 of 12,461
Hi,

Joined the club today. Still surprised how open they sound :)

I bet Aamer gave you great service on those! Congrats.

Oct 24, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #3,847 of 12,461
Hey all - we will be on @Darthpool's YouTube channel tomorrow (or today depending on when you see this and where you are!) Sunday October 25th at 7PM central (US time) at our new workshop. We will be talking about all things ZMF and we're really excited to give a tour of our new workshop. Here's the link for the live stream. Hope to see you there in the chat box!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=3KptoLyJk1M

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 25, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #3,848 of 12,461
Hi,

sorry for silly question but do I have to register my vc somewhere?

Oct 25, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #3,849 of 12,461
LOVE MY NEW VC....

Attachments

• 16036176780725334385230737837316.jpg
    16036176780725334385230737837316.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Oct 25, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #3,850 of 12,461
LOVE MY NEW VC....
A jaw dropping pair, buddy.

On a separate note: has anyone tried swapping out the chassis for a different color?

Oct 25, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #3,851 of 12,461
A jaw dropping pair, buddy.

On a separate note: has anyone tried swapping out the chassis for a different color?

Is that a possibility? I have the "charcoal" one on order now, but is there a capability to have request custom colors since the magnesium is painted anyway?

Oct 25, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #3,852 of 12,461
At long last I have completed my ZMF Verite C Ltd review (go easy guys I'm not a wordsmith ). Last March, after making a terrible buying decision, I went hunting for a new system as I was completely unsatisfied with my just 1 year old system. I swore to myself that this time I was going to amp up my research (pun intended) for my next system and not repeat my previous grievous error. Through my research, I discovered @Monsterzero and his very strong recommendation ( if it was in my budget ) to get the ZMF Verité C. His description of headphones sonic signature, plus seeing countless happy community members share their wonderful experiences with the VC convinced me that this was my end game headphone.
IMG_20201025_161736.jpg

The ZMF Verites are the first headphones to bring beryllium-coated drivers to the 300-Ohm format. The result is a sound that is punchy, precise and musically addictive.

The Verité Closed is an absolute oddity amongst closed backs, it has a fairly wide soundstage, gorgeous musical tonality ,and dynamic slam for which is the reputation that lured me to ZMF in the first place. I was not disappointed.

After spending over 300 plus hours with the VC the thing that strikes me every time is the soundscape, which is absolutely immense for a closed back headphone IMO. It just doesn't sound closed at all! Not in terms of staging, at least. The soundscape seems to extend well beyond the limits of the cup and the separation is beyond excellent, giving every instrument Its own space.

My current set up is Tidal via an Inakustik USB to my Rockna Wavelight , the interconnects are custom 1101 Audio Mogami/ Neutrik RCA's to my 1101 Blue Halo OTL (Tube flavour au jour is a pair Fivre 6J5's plus a Tesla 6922) . My current power solution is 1101 Audio's C2029 Pure Power . The headphones are connected using ZMF's stock 1/4 " cable with my preferred pads the Auteur non-perforated. The Auteur pads just seem more detailed and fun then the Universe pads. I guess some would call it W-shaped. I also find this pad to be the most comfortable. Extended listening sessions (going many hours) are quite common for me with zero issues. UPDATE: My wallet is screaming at me, but I've ordered a Custom headphone cable (1101 Audio) using UPOCC Neotech Silver 24 AWG, Furutech Connectors and a Eidolic splitter.

IMG_20201025_161756.jpg

In terms of tonality, the Verite Closed does a great job of presenting things in a very crisp and resolving way that manages to always stay musical and non-fatiguing. It is easy on the ears, but dynamic and exciting at the same time. This makes it a very, very easy headphone to want to listen to.

Bass is nicely extended, tight and very punchy. It's not excessive, as some closed headphones tend to be, and definitely doesn't bleed into other frequencies, but it's still more than enough to satisfy my basshead needs. I found Verité Closed especially adept with all of my preferred music genres rock, hard rock , metal, blues , heck even some classical and country . All were musical , dynamic, explosive bass, the performance has a crisp imagery became quite immersive.

The midrange is exceptional, to say the least, offering and incredible sense of "fullness" that was almost overwhelming at times... in a very, very good way. The Verité Closed delivered the music with weight and gravitas that was simply intoxicating. Listening to Chris Cornells' newly released cover on the Verité Closed demanded repeated listens, and when I found myself replaying "Patience" for what seems like an uncountable number of times. I'm just enjoying this system so much my wife is jealous.

Treble, is incredibly quick, with the beryllium-coated drivers showcasing their incredible aptitude for scintillatingly brisk transients. Verité Closed has a terrific sense of snap, which brings sonic images into clear focus immediately. The sizzle up top is fun, alive . It constantly gives you the impression that you are in the recording studio listening to recording session as it's happening.

The dynamics, No matter what I threw at the Verité Closed, the music just felt alive. Whether it was a massive orchestral crescendo, a slamming bassline or anything else I could find, Verité Closed absolutely unleashed it like a tidal wave every time.

The 3D effects however, are the real star of the show. Previously to me getting my system it was inconceivable for me to think that you can hear singer hit a note , hear that same note travel from the stage across the room towards me, to run pass my right ear and then hear it echo off of the walls at the back of the room and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Mind Blowing 3D effects is the only way to describe it.

Final Thoughts
The Verité Closed is the best headphone I've ever heard. Period. I've heard the Focal Stellia, Utopia, Meze Emprean. These are all excellent headphones, I just prefer ZMF's sound signature. Its a headphone that is uncompromisingly resolving, yet musical. Blisteringly dynamic, yet easy to listen to for hours on end. I often times found myself listening for way too long, ignoring all for just one more song. I think all ZMF owners have that condition hahaha
The main reason I'm doing this review is to help new members like me find there sonic fit.
For your convenience I will provide the links that I used that maybe can help you with your research.

ZMF Headphones https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals
1101 Audio Products https://www.head-fi.org/posts/15927178/
Rockna Wavelight ( North America ) Robert https://worldwidewholesales.com/
IMG_20201025_161829.jpg

Oct 25, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #3,854 of 12,461
No i haven´t. But i did find sextets in ebay and ask little more information about them. Lets se if they are real deal i will try it :ksc75smile:
At long last I have completed my ZMF Verite C Ltd review (go easy guys I'm not a wordsmith ). Last March, after making a terrible buying decision, I went hunting for a new system as I was completely unsatisfied with my just 1 year old system. I swore to myself that this time I was going to amp up my research (pun intended) for my next system and not repeat my previous grievous error. Through my research, I discovered @Monsterzero and his very strong recommendation ( if it was in my budget ) to get the ZMF Verité C. His description of headphones sonic signature, plus seeing countless happy community members share their wonderful experiences with the VC convinced me that this was my end game headphone.
IMG_20201025_161736.jpg

The ZMF Verites are the first headphones to bring beryllium-coated drivers to the 300-Ohm format. The result is a sound that is punchy, precise and musically addictive.

The Verité Closed is an absolute oddity amongst closed backs, it has a fairly wide soundstage, gorgeous musical tonality ,and dynamic slam for which is the reputation that lured me to ZMF in the first place. I was not disappointed.

After spending over 300 plus hours with the VC the thing that strikes me every time is the soundscape, which is absolutely immense for a closed back headphone IMO. It just doesn't sound closed at all! Not in terms of staging, at least. The soundscape seems to extend well beyond the limits of the cup and the separation is beyond excellent, giving every instrument Its own space.

My current set up is Tidal via an Inakustik USB to my Rockna Wavelight , the interconnects are custom 1101 Audio Mogami/ Neutrik RCA's to my 1101 Blue Halo OTL (Tube flavour au jour is a pair Fivre 6J5's plus a Tesla 6922) . My current power solution is 1101 Audio's C2029 Pure Power . The headphones are connected using ZMF's stock 1/4 " cable with my preferred pads the Auteur non-perforated. The Auteur pads just seem more detailed and fun then the Universe pads. I guess some would call it W-shaped. I also find this pad to be the most comfortable. Extended listening sessions (going many hours) are quite common for me with zero issues. UPDATE: My wallet is screaming at me, but I've ordered a Custom headphone cable (1101 Audio) using UPOCC Neotech Silver 24 AWG, Furutech Connectors and a Eidolic splitter.

IMG_20201025_161756.jpg

In terms of tonality, the Verite Closed does a great job of presenting things in a very crisp and resolving way that manages to always stay musical and non-fatiguing. It is easy on the ears, but dynamic and exciting at the same time. This makes it a very, very easy headphone to want to listen to.

Bass is nicely extended, tight and very punchy. It's not excessive, as some closed headphones tend to be, and definitely doesn't bleed into other frequencies, but it's still more than enough to satisfy my basshead needs. I found Verité Closed especially adept with all of my preferred music genres rock, hard rock , metal, blues , heck even some classical and country . All were musical , dynamic, explosive bass, the performance has a crisp imagery became quite immersive.

The midrange is exceptional, to say the least, offering and incredible sense of "fullness" that was almost overwhelming at times... in a very, very good way. The Verité Closed delivered the music with weight and gravitas that was simply intoxicating. Listening to Chris Cornells' newly released cover on the Verité Closed demanded repeated listens, and when I found myself replaying "Patience" for what seems like an uncountable number of times. I'm just enjoying this system so much my wife is jealous.

Treble, is incredibly quick, with the beryllium-coated drivers showcasing their incredible aptitude for scintillatingly brisk transients. Verité Closed has a terrific sense of snap, which brings sonic images into clear focus immediately. The sizzle up top is fun, alive . It constantly gives you the impression that you are in the recording studio listening to recording session as it's happening.

The dynamics, No matter what I threw at the Verité Closed, the music just felt alive. Whether it was a massive orchestral crescendo, a slamming bassline or anything else I could find, Verité Closed absolutely unleashed it like a tidal wave every time.

The 3D effects however, are the real star of the show. Previously to me getting my system it was inconceivable for me to think that you can hear singer hit a note , hear that same note travel from the stage across the room towards me, to run pass my right ear and then hear it echo off of the walls at the back of the room and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Mind Blowing 3D effects is the only way to describe it.

Final Thoughts
The Verité Closed is the best headphone I've ever heard. Period. I've heard the Focal Stellia, Utopia, Meze Emprean. These are all excellent headphones, I just prefer ZMF's sound signature. Its a headphone that is uncompromisingly resolving, yet musical. Blisteringly dynamic, yet easy to listen to for hours on end. I often times found myself listening for way too long, ignoring all for just one more song. I think all ZMF owners have that condition hahaha
The main reason I'm doing this review is to help new members like me find there sonic fit.
For your convenience I will provide the links that I used that maybe can help you with your research.

ZMF Headphones https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals
1101 Audio Products https://www.head-fi.org/posts/15927178/
Rockna Wavelight ( North America ) Robert https://worldwidewholesales.com/
IMG_20201025_161829.jpg
Excellent review, and obviously, I concur. :wink:

Oct 25, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #3,855 of 12,461

Users who are viewing this thread

Back