ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 17, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #3,407 of 12,452
Actually according to ISO-3166 Alpha 2 standards, SK denotes Slovakia :ksc75smile:
Wrong smiley used... here, let me show you how it is done:
Actually according to ISO-3166 Alpha 2 standards, SK denotes Slovakia :nerd:

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #3,408 of 12,452
Actually according to ISO-3166 Alpha 2 standards, SK denotes Slovakia :ksc75smile:

Fixed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Don't all start asking me "which Korea" now though

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #3,411 of 12,452
Ok I know this might be a long shot but ever since I got my ZMF Verite Closed , I’ve been looking for an IEM (universal or custom - prefer ciem) that sounds like the Verite closed? Had any of you fellow VC listeners found anything that scratches the IEM itch? (Similar sound signature etc)

thanks in advance and happy listening with the golden (or should I say wooden) boys

Seconding this question. I'd particularly like to find an alternative in the price range of the various Etys that gets closer than they do (Obviously I'm not expecting the fullblown VC sound in IEM form at this price)

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #3,412 of 12,452
Seconding this question. I'd particularly like to find an alternative in the price range of the various Etys that gets closer than they do (Obviously I'm not expecting the fullblown VC sound in IEM form at this price)

That would be quite a feat if an IEM could pull off the soundstage that the VC throws. The isolation from an IEM would be a *bit* better (VCs are ear coffins, lol) but I don't see how they can mimic the timbre of a wooden cup closed headphone. But you can't beat their portability. If an IEM exists that can even come close to VC sound signature I'd love to hear it.

That said, I really enjoyed my Campfire Lyra when I had them. The bass dug deep and the whole spectrum was well-represented without being overbearing in any one area.

Aug 20, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #3,413 of 12,452
Has anyonne received their Camphor Burl LTD verite C yet? Ordered mine June 15th. Been eagerly wating for those badboys...

Aug 20, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #3,414 of 12,452
Has anyonne received their Camphor Burl LTD verite C yet? Ordered mine June 15th. Been eagerly wating for those badboys...
My guess is to expect those badboys soon. Here's my timeline, It might give you an approx. idea. I ordered my Leopardwood LTD Verite C May 27 and received them Aug 7th ( a 10 week 2 day wait) . My ZMF headphones arrived supremely packed, the craftsmanship was absolutely flawless, and the sound is worth almost ANY wait time. Hang in there, good times lay ahead.

Aug 20, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #3,415 of 12,452
I ordered mine on June 10th, but I think they'll go through assembly and QA soon. I believe they're also in the middle of transitioning their shop to a new location.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #3,417 of 12,452
Took 9 weeks for the Verite Closed Monkeypod I had ordered to ship -- I actually thought it might take longer and was surprised to receive the shipping notification when I did. The list also isn't always up to date, which is fine. It is well worth the wait. My suggestion would be to definitely let them burn in first. Mine changed drastically for the better within the first 24 hours. Next is the Feliks Elise set to ship next week, which will complete my chain for the Verite Closed. Already have my tubes sorted as well, though who knows whether they will actually do what I expect them to.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #3,419 of 12,452
How does the Monkeypod compare to the Ironwood?

Ironwood's a much harder material than monkeypod. From his website, it looks like denser woods have increased speed and impact, while sofer ones have longer decay and natural resonance.

Aesthetically? Between the two, I think I prefer ironwood, though given the choice, I'd want something else entirely.

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #3,420 of 12,452
How does the Monkeypod compare to the Ironwood?
My understanding is that the sonic differences between the all the woods are very subtle. I would suggest you just make your choice based on aesthetics. I would like to add if you have any concerns about weight. I would opt for the co-pilot as well. I picked one up for my Leopardwood VC it really does make your headphone seem weightless while your wearing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back