ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jun 15, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #2,911 of 12,391
Also Zach is such a legend he said he would send me out a threadlocker to fix the cup issue I’m having and maybe some pads.
I’m considering just doing a video on the pads if I had enough to make decent content and discuss them.

I had the exact same issue with the right cup coming unscrewed. Really worried me the first time it happened, but was all good once I realized nothing broke! Now i just check it out of habit and give it a half twist or so if I notice some space between the gimbal and the rod. Great review!

Jun 15, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #2,912 of 12,391
I’m considering just doing a video on the pads if I had enough to make decent content and discuss them.
I for one would be very very interested in what you had to say about the pads. There seem to be a lot of choices and a nice summary would be very helpful, at least for me.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #2,913 of 12,391
I think the general consensus is that the Eikon Suedes are the best fit for these.

I wouldn't say that. Several people have reviewed pad selection in this thread with a few taking places above the Eikon Suede. I agree with Zach's selection of the Auteur pads or the Auteur hybrids for some extra comfort in the summer. Some definitely said they prefer the Eikon suedes, but I'm guessing that is the minority.

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #2,915 of 12,391
Everyone likes different things,but the Auteur pads are my favorite,by far.

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #2,916 of 12,391
I wouldn't say that. Several people have reviewed pad selection in this thread with a few taking places above the Eikon Suede. I agree with Zach's selection of the Auteur pads or the Auteur hybrids for some extra comfort in the summer. Some definitely said they prefer the Eikon suedes, but I'm guessing that is the minority.
I have to agree, i've seen more negative comments than positive about the Eikon suede pads on the VC. I personally did not like them at all on it, it was dull and boring sounding.

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #2,918 of 12,391
I think the general consensus is that the Eikon Suedes are the best fit for these.
Actually, general consensus for people who have tried them, is that the Eikon Suedes are the least preferable for these. The idea of the Eikon pads got floated by a couple of popular youtube reviewers, one who has since taken down that review, and another who does not seem to understand the Verite or Verite Closed models, at all.

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #2,919 of 12,391
Jun 15, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #2,920 of 12,391
LOL. Geez you guys! It appears as though there may be quite a range of, shall we say, disparate opinions……
believehifi: Now I really want you to do a review of Zach's headphone pads. 🙂 You know, if it isn't too much trouble and stuff...

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #2,922 of 12,391
LOL. Geez you guys! It appears as though there may be quite a range of, shall we say, disparate opinions……
believehifi: Now I really want you to do a review of Zach's headphone pads. 🙂 You know, if it isn't too much trouble and stuff...
I've gone down that rabbit hole a few times now. It goes something like this:

Thought! I want to do a pad comparison on my ZMF! So you set it all up, sit down.....

Oh crap! An hour went buy and I lost myself in the music! I was supposed to be taking notes! Ok restart that album/playlist again......

Damit! Another hour gone and no notes! That last song was really good, let me take a break and listen to it one more time.....

Ok it's been a week and I've yet to take notes..... OH FORGET IT (as you continue to listen...).

From bitter experience my friend :wink:

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #2,923 of 12,391
I've gone down that rabbit hole a few times now. It goes something like this:

Thought! I want to do a pad comparison on my ZMF! So you set it all up, sit down.....

Oh crap! An hour went buy and I lost myself in the music! I was supposed to be taking notes! Ok restart that album/playlist again......

Damit! Another hour gone and no notes! That last song was really good, let me take a break and listen to it one more time.....

Ok it's been a week and I've yet to take notes..... OH FORGET IT (as you continue to listen...).

From bitter experience my friend :wink:
Nailed it. IDK how @heliosphann managed to take any notes for his compendium, but he succeed admirably.

Jun 16, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #2,924 of 12,391
You shouldve seen me struggle when I did my cable shootout a few months ago!

Jun 16, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #2,925 of 12,391
Do you prefer Closed Verite over Open? I have both headphones here at the moment.
I have hard time deciding which one to use. Soundstage seems to be much closer with VC (Auteur pads) and I can hear more details in music.
On the other hand Verite pads on VO have similar effect on music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back