ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 21, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #2,581 of 12,429
Little Dot and Dark Voice are pretty 'famous' budget OTLs under $300.
+1
I genuinely regret selling my Darkvoice DV3322 (even though it wouldn't pair with my planars). Too bad @JM1979 missed the La Figaro 339i drop

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #2,582 of 12,429
It has taken me quite sometime to get here, but I am inching closer and closer to joining the club.

I look forward to reading your impression, on many of the Threads we've crossed on in the past, I've found our musical tastes similar. You’ll also find that your Draug 3’s will play well with the VC and VO, but particularly the former, at brain-rattling level!

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #2,583 of 12,429
What took you so long, Brother! :ksc75smile:
Bad timing, stubborn skepticism and all sorts of other character defects! :wink:

I'm here now, and I'm here to stay, for a very long time.

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #2,584 of 12,429
Yeah theyre not cheap. I get it. The VC does however cure any and all upgrade-itis one might have,so it can perhaps save one from a lot of cash and frustration in the long run from buying other "God-Tier" headphones.

We all have different systems and preferences,but I think you and I are pretty similar in the sound that were after,cables not withstanding. :)

Amen to that, the VC could easily be a last and only headphone!

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #2,585 of 12,429
OTL would be ideal but I’m open to any suggestions.

All of the Feliks amps look very appealing. I’ve been talking myself out of buying the Euphoria because I shouldn’t spend that much on an impulse purchase. The Echo looks intriguing. I’ll have to read up on that.

I’m mainly wanting a tube amp to give me variety from my TT2. So I’m not overly concerned with transparency and stuff like that as I can easy go direct out of the TT2 for those needs. I’m looking for the tube amp to be my fun amp that I can play around with to get more gooey/3D/bass type of sound.

I may put my Euphoria up for sale; I thought I was going to need an OTL system at work, no longer.

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #2,586 of 12,429
+1
I genuinely regret selling my Darkvoice DV3322 (even though it wouldn't pair with my planars). Too bad @JM1979 missed the La Figaro 339i drop
I had the 339,granted not the new "i" version and it was good enough,but a Glenn simply stomps the hell out of it. I get the whole impulsive purchase and wanting it yesterday factor,lord knows Ive been guilty of that a few times,but anyone in this thread should already be used to having some patience when it comes to getting excellent sound.

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #2,587 of 12,429
I had the 339,granted not the new "i" version and it was good enough,but a Glenn simply stomps the hell out of it. I get the whole impulsive purchase and wanting it yesterday factor,lord knows Ive been guilty of that a few times,but anyone in this thread should already be used to having some patience when it comes to getting excellent sound.
Isn't the GLEN at least twice the price though? Mind you, in our hobby that means nothing

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #2,588 of 12,429
Isn't the GLEN at least twice the price though? Mind you, in our hobby that means nothing
A basic Glenn will run you about $750.00. A quick Google says a 339 is $740.00

A 339 will always depreciate in value. A Glenn wont. I mean to me its a no-brainer having owned both,but like I said before I understand wanting stuff now.

Apr 21, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #2,589 of 12,429

A 339 will always depreciate in value. A Glenn wont. I mean to me its a no-brainer having owned both,but like I said before I understand wanting stuff now.
The 339i was a little cheaper on Drop. It's good to know experienced members are up on the best choices!

Apr 21, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #2,590 of 12,429
I look forward to reading your impression, on many of the Threads we've crossed on in the past, I've found our musical tastes similar. You’ll also find that your Draug 3’s will play well with the VC and VO, but particularly the former, at brain-rattling level!

Hey Kevin,
Hope all is well with you.
I look forward to joining the club, I have owned two of Zach's cans and loved both of them, fantastic tuning and tons of fun.
When ever the day comes I will post my impressions after sufficient listening and that's the plan to use it with my Draug 3.

Apr 21, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #2,591 of 12,429

Yes, a basic Glenn for the money is a heck of a deal....the larger transformer that Glenn uses allows for many more tube rolling possibilities to which the amp is very transparent to, and Glenn is always open to anybody's idea and will work with you on what you want in the amp. Of course more tube possibilities leads to more rolling which leads to more money, so this could be a good or bad thing.
It is very easy to change the sound up with this amp however, especially things like overall soft or darker or relaxed sound to more vibrant, in your face sound.
It really is some great gear, you just need another amp to hold you over for the long wait times. The wait can be long and painful, but reward is the end result.

Apr 22, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #2,592 of 12,429
Been awhile...thought I'd share my current setup... my top 2 favorite headphones with my favorite 2 DACs and my favorite solid state currently :wink: things subject to change lol... Hope everyone is doing well!

2020421-8.jpg

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #2,593 of 12,429
Been awhile...thought I'd share my current setup... my top 2 favorite headphones with my favorite 2 DACs and my favorite solid state currently :wink: things subject to change lol... Hope everyone is doing well!

2020421-8.jpg
If you would ever consider to sell the Verite Closed Special purple edition together with the verite silver cables - just let me know :D

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #2,594 of 12,429
Look what arrived this week! I lifted shade only to expose them to sunlight for the pix, but I of course otherwise keep my gear out of the sun. I'll write something up after spending some quality time.

verite-1.jpg
verite-2.jpg

Apr 22, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #2,595 of 12,429
Look what arrived this week! I lifted shade only to expose them to sunlight for the pix, but I of course otherwise keep my gear out of the sun. I'll write something up after spending some quality time.

I was thinking about getting all suede too! That looks so good. And probably feels amazing. How long did it take from placing the order to arriving?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back