ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 10, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #451 of 12,461
When I saw @zach915m at CanJam London this year, I got to hear a Glenn amp for the 1st time, along with the VCs. Afterwards, @zach915m was helpful via email in pointing me towards a Glenn amp.

The community has been very helpful in planning. With help, I have largely spec'd a Glenn amp. @mordy and @OctavianH both helped plan. Those guys sent me detailed emails and links. The efforts are greatly appreciated. @Monsterzero your comments on rectifiers also helped.

I have asked @2359glenn to put me in the queue, so I look forward to ... waiting. Till then, I will lurk on the 2359glenn thread watching tube choices and wait for my VC to arrive, and wait for my 1st tube amp.

Thankfully, I am not suffering at present with my Eikons and the rest of my setup in the meantime. I feel as if I have accidentally become somewhat of a zealous ZMF supporter by magical lure of their quality and beauty! I imagine the Glenn amps may have the same effect...
Thanks for your kind words - always glad to help.

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #452 of 12,461
I hate to be a nag but can someone preeetty pleeease give me some impressions of the VC in comparisons to the Atticus?? I use the atticus as my office hp for listening while working. I draw for a living so what I need from it is a visceral, emotional and fun experience. The atticus is great at converying the overall "emotion" of a song. I love the technicalities of the VO; however I always felt like it doesn't quite thump in the same way that the atticus does and was wondering if the VC perhaps could deliver the best of both worlds.

Another thing that I prefer about the Atticus over the VO is that the vocals are more present whereas in the VO I've always felt that they felt a little far away with the VO. From reports though it sounds like it might be the opposite with the VC?

Oh! And one more thing I need to ask about the VC is- how amp/DAC picky is it and how well would you guys say it does with more poorly recorded music?? I listen to literally every single genre and would run it out of a Cavalli Tube Hybrid+LPS+6C8G+modi 3 for the most part.

At the risk of ruining any surprises in my video review,after my wife finished the first song,she took them off and asked "Can I hear another song"? Kinda like Folgers coffee,my wife never asks for a 2nd song. So I gave her a 2nd song. She then asked for a 3rd song!!!!
After the 3rd song she said "Thats the most exquisite sound Ive ever heard! It feels like im high!" :)
Any ETA on when you're gonna post your video by any chance?? No rush or anything! I just am excited to hear your in-depth thoughts! :D

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #453 of 12,461
I hate to be a nag but can someone preeetty pleeease give me some impressions of the VC in comparisons to the Atticus??
Its been awhile since I sold my Atticus,so take these comments with a few grains of salt.

I love the technicalities of the VO; however I always felt like it doesn't quite thump in the same way that the atticus does and was wondering if the VC perhaps could deliver the best of both worlds.
I dont think the VC slams like the Atticus,but honestly very few headphones do.
I think the VC has tremendous slam when called for,with very nice sub bass as well,which the Atticus was a bit lean on.
Bass is uber tight,deep and textured.
The VC is much more revealing. Faster. Evenly balanced vs Atticus. Layering,depth and width of stage.
Unless slam is your #1 and only criteria,IMO the VC is a superior headphone in every regard.

Another thing that I prefer about the Atticus over the VO is that the vocals are more present whereas in the VO I've always felt that they felt a little far away with the VO. From reports though it sounds like it might be the opposite with the VC?
The VC is like the VO,just more intense. Everything has been drawn in a bit from the horizon on the VO,and is more immediate. Vocals are more forward,as are guitars and strings. Drums are ridiculous on the VC. Quick,snappy with lots of pop.

Oh! And one more thing I need to ask about the VC is- how amp/DAC picky is it and how well would you guys say it does with more poorly recorded music?? I listen to literally every single genre and would run it out of a Cavalli Tube Hybrid+LPS+6C8G+modi 3 for the most part.

All is not rosy here. I think because the VC is so revealing and provides such a clear,clean,distinct vision of the music it can sound pretty harsh on low quality rips and/or poorly mastered songs.

@SmashBruh

I am going to try and get the review filmed,edited and posted this week. :)

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #454 of 12,461
Sep 10, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #455 of 12,461
Its been awhile since I sold my Atticus,so take these comments with a few grains of salt.

I dont think the VC slams like the Atticus,but honestly very few headphones do.
I think the VC has tremendous slam when called for,with very nice sub bass as well,which the Atticus was a bit lean on.
Bass is uber tight,deep and textured.
The VC is much more revealing. Faster. Evenly balanced vs Atticus. Layering,depth and width of stage.
Unless slam is your #1 criteria,IMO the VC is a superior headphone in every regard.

The VC is like the VO,just more intense. Everything has been drawn in a bit from the horizon on the VO,and is more immediate. Vocals are more forward,as are guitars and strings. Drums are ridiculous on the VC. Quick,snappy with lots of pop.

All is not rosy here. I think because the VC is so revealing and provides such a clear,clean,distinct vision of the music it can sound pretty harsh on low quality rips and/or poorly mastered songs.

@SmashBruh

I am going to try and get the review filmed,edited and posted this week. :)

Thank you so much for taking your time to write down your thoughts Monster! I super appreciate it!

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #456 of 12,461
Anyone tried these with the Chord Mojo? Or even the open variant as they are almost identical in sensitivity. I will most likely be using the VC with a Mojo as my holiday setup but I will have to invest in a beefier amp if it isn't powerful enough...
I have not tried with the Chord Mojo, but the Cayin N6ii has similar power specs and I’ve been driving them easily with it! It’s my work setup...I’m using a 4.4mm to XLR adapter so I am using the more powerful balanced section but reading the numbers for both Mojo and N6ii you will have no problems with SE either.

6AD89F7C-4E74-4581-8007-F7541FC79A8A.jpeg

17372817-059D-4B9B-9038-BB9379DD3748.jpeg

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #457 of 12,461
I have not tried with the Chord Mojo, but the Cayin N6ii has similar power specs and I’ve been driving them easily with it! It’s my work setup...I’m using a 4.4mm to XLR adapter so I am using the more powerful balanced section but reading the numbers for both Mojo and N6ii you will have no problems with SE either.

Nice looking setup. Thanks for the information, very reassuring :)

On a different DAC/amp related subject, has anyone tried these or the open with the Schiit Gungnir Multibit and Mjolnir 2 stack? Will definitely have enough power that is for sure lol. More interested in if it sounds good (although realistically I won't be changing it for anything more costly, for the foreseeable).

Sep 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #458 of 12,461
I hate to be a nag but can someone preeetty pleeease give me some impressions of the VC in comparisons to the Atticus??
To expand on my previous thoughts.
I really liked the Atticus for many types of music,but I thought it had excessive decay with faster metal,making it kind sound blurred,or at times muddy.
Currently Im listening to:

The Atticus would struggle with this type of speed and decay required for music like this to sound clean. The VC on the other hand is absolutely shredding it.
The VC is quite possibly the best headphone ive heard for metal. I will expand on that thought in my review.

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #459 of 12,461
Sep 10, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #460 of 12,461
Nice and congrats. Be careful of that @UntilThen dude. If you listen to him you'll end up buying every tube known to man! :)

I’ve good news for you. I can also recommend Sansui vintage amps and that doesn’t require tubes. So you have a choice. Tubes or tubeless. :)

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #461 of 12,461
I’ve good news for you. I can also recommend Sansui vintage amps and that doesn’t require tubes. So you have a choice. Tubes or tubeless. :)
Yup. Ive been preaching the same sermon for awhile. Vintage receivers rock ZMF headphones.

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #462 of 12,461
I heard that the WA8 pair very well with the Verite Closed. It looks like the Verite Closed likes...tubes ? :dt880smile:

This is good news for my EC445 ?

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #464 of 12,461
...It looks like the Verite Closed likes...tubes ? :dt880smile:

I have never come across a high impedance dynamic headphone that didn't love tube amps. HD600/HD800/HD800S/Verite Open - all mate very, very well to tubes in my experience. My verite open performs very well with my solid state amp, but even better with my 300B amp.

EDIT - typos

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #465 of 12,461
I have never some across a high impedance dynamic headphone that didn't love tube amps. HD600/HD800/HD800S/Verite Open - all mate very, very well to tubes in my experience. My verite open performs very well with my solid state amp, but even better with my 300B amp.

No truer words have even been spoken.....all high impedance cans I have tried, all paired great with tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back