ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jul 4, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #10,561 of 12,461
Hello good people,

What pads are you using with the VC?

Would love to know what you all are doing to tune the VC via pads? I have the ZMF chart but user experiences are always interesting.
Seems we all have our preferences, and as for mine I prefer the Auteur Lambskin (stock). I have tried the Universe Lambskin and Auteur Hybrid's several different times, and I was super impressed with both of them at the beginning of each use, but as time went by I felt like something was missing. The lifelike timbre in the mids and deep holographic staging I get with Auteur Lambskin is where the magic is at for me and my preferences, and can't be matched with the other two pads in my system.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #10,563 of 12,461
Ones I've tried:

Auteur hybrid, lambskin, suede
Universe hybrid, lambskin, suede
BE2 lambskin

I always come back to the universe suede - clarity and detail. I have a small head - not sure if that makes a difference lol

Jul 4, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #10,564 of 12,461
Ones I've tried:

Auteur hybrid, lambskin, suede
Universe hybrid, lambskin, suede
BE2 lambskin

I always come back to the universe suede - clarity and detail. I have a small head - not sure if that makes a difference lol
I am personally taking a break from Auteur pad variations and enjoying the Universe suede as well. My Elise is tuned with some bass heavy tubes (ken rad VT231) and any lambskin pads really make the low end bloomy and the universe suede is the perfect remedy. Once i tube roll some more, i might give the auteur lambs a another try, but until then, the universe suedes should do me just fine.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #10,565 of 12,461
I owned the VC 3 times and always preferred the stock Auteur Lambskin pads regardless of wood type.

Jul 4, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #10,567 of 12,461
Universe Suede almost always, with occasional BE-2 Suede to change things up.

Jul 5, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #10,568 of 12,461
It's been interesting seeing everyone's preferred pad for the VC. However, it's not a surprise that so many prefer a different pad, as we all have different preferences and systems. I am happy where I am at for now with my current pad choice, but my preferences and gear seem to continually evolve, and it's nice knowing I have pad rolling options when another change to my system comes. A big thanks to ZMF for options!

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #10,569 of 12,461
My VC arrived today!! So gorgeous!! But got a problem.....the VC just wont get a seal on my head (im using auteur lambskin) . I got a long but narrow head. On full rod length, the clamp on the bottom of the pads just wont clamp to under my ears.....kinda like / \ instead of \ / . Is there a solution for this? Please helpp

Jul 5, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #10,570 of 12,461
My VC arrived today!! So gorgeous!! But got a problem.....the VC just wont get a seal on my head (im using auteur lambskin) . I got a long but narrow head. On full rod length, the clamp on the bottom of the pads just wont clamp to under my ears.....kinda like / \ instead of \ / . Is there a solution for this? Please helpp

See if there is any helpful info here.

Jul 6, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #10,572 of 12,461
Hi all, currently using the auteur hybrid pads however i feel like there a recession in the mids that makes it sound kinda “hollow”.

Im looking towards the universe hybrid/suede and eikon suedes and was wondering what people think about the objective sound between them?

P.S i only like suede touching my face haha.

Current setup: Dx240>Eufonika H22m>VC
EDF09206-70A6-46FC-B325-439A5C7697E9.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #10,574 of 12,461
So is this the month for the next Stabilized run?! Curious to see what beauties Zach has in store for us :)

Jul 6, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #10,575 of 12,461
So is this the month for the next Stabilized run?! Curious to see what beauties Zach has in store for us :)
Yep - announcement and other content coming shortly/this weekend. The batch will be released along with Atrium Cocobolo on the 17th, with the auteur Classic being released the 15th.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back