ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 21, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #3,991 of 12,461
Eikon Suede.

Nov 21, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #3,992 of 12,461
Nov 21, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #3,993 of 12,461
I admittedly chose the suede for reasons more tactile than auditory. If it were socially acceptable and if I didn’t live in the tropics I would wrap my whole body in suede. Zeos in the Z review comments on how it helps with soundstage and makes the headphones sound less closed-sounding vs the universal - you can check that out on YouTube for more details.

Nov 21, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #3,994 of 12,461
Just had an extended listening session with the VC on my main rig tonight for the first time. Fellas, I don’t know why I took so long. Mostly I just listen to the big ATCs as they are just freakin amazing. If it is late at night or I worry about keeping things quiet I would often just use the headphone jack of the Dave. I have the Innuos
Zenith SE streamer/ Phoenix reclocker feeding the beast. The Dave is a mighty as a T. rex - its DAC as powerful as its jaws.....and its headphone amp as mighty as its nubby arms. The master 9 juices up the arms like a 90s roided up slugger and slams it home.

So normally the Abyss has dominion in these parts, but the Prion cable connectors wore off and were sent off for repair, and putting the stock cable back on the Abyss would be like dressing Audrey Hepburn up in a burlap sack after donning the little black dress from Breakfast at Tiffany’s. No, sir that wouldn’t do so I brought the VC in after sitting at the kiddie table for a while - I’d use it with the Woo Topaz portable amp which is a stunning combo, and if pocket space was tight or a fanny pack not around I would even use a Fioo BTR5 which, when using balanced outs does a respectable job. But again, a far cry from the main rig so I treated my ears the weekend’s latest releases. The new reissue of the Delicate Sound of Thunder was stunning. The Gilmore solos extraordinary in presentation on the VCs. Then checked out the Jimi in Maui album. And because I’m an old fart doesn’t mean I don’t like some new stuff, I checked out the hip hop chops of the VC with Good News by Megan Thee Stallion andit was savage on the bass - with a different feel and slam from the Abyss. The VC now stays at the adults table. And here’s a pic of the goodies and you may gawk and stare but no you can’t have my Pickle Rick sticker.
670A18EE-67B9-457E-9D40-072BD059F9B5.jpeg
Megan has such a potty mouth.😂

Nov 23, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #3,995 of 12,461
I swear, if I had the coin, these would be coming home to me when they are posted, lol. Amazing pair @zach915m : )

These are from the ZMF November newsletter.

unnamed.jpg

Nov 23, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #3,996 of 12,461
Having and loving my Desert Ironwood VC’s, the temptation for the stabilized VC’s is lower... but stabilized Aelous... so very tempting!! I hope these stabilized wood options are available for other ZMF Novembers!

Nov 23, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #3,998 of 12,461
I know this has been discussed before, but which one is the preferred pad for the VC - the pilot one or the co-pilot one?
A while back, it seemed most of you preferred the co-pilot. Still true? Thanks
Co pilot is just easier. Both are comfortable.

I think the suede strap is the best option vs either (co)pilot pads, as it has padding of it's own and won't take up as much space.

And I'm bald and suede feels soooooo good.

Email @zach915m and see if those are available.

Soooooo good. Seriously.

Nov 23, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #3,999 of 12,461
See this post for pictures of the pilot pad and the co-pilot pad.

I agree, I would personally not use either with the VC, as it takes up a lot of space and (for me) does not solve anything, as I don't have any issues with the comfort of the VC. I would indeed look into the suede strap option suggested above, before considering either of these pads.

Nov 23, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #4,000 of 12,461
I've never tried the co-pilot but I prefer the pilot pad vs stock leather strap or suede strap. Can never have too much padding - it's like a soft cloud on your head :)

Nov 23, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #4,002 of 12,461
Just asked this on the Auteur thread, but does anyone know from previous years if the used/B-stock headphones sold during ZMF November come with all the same accessories (case, cables, pads) as a new set?

Nov 23, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #4,003 of 12,461
Just asked this on the Auteur thread, but does anyone know from previous years if the used/B-stock headphones sold during ZMF November come with all the same accessories (case, cables, pads) as a new set?

Sometimes they come without the case, but they mention that on the sale page. Usually they are sold as if new, with same accessories.

Nov 23, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #4,004 of 12,461
Last year both headphones I bought did and I was able to choose all suede.

Nov 23, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #4,005 of 12,461
I know this has been discussed before, but which one is the preferred pad for the VC - the pilot one or the co-pilot one?
A while back, it seemed most of you preferred the co-pilot. Still true? Thanks
I recently purchased both in suede. I have occasional neck issues, especially above 550 grams, and my VC are about 570. The co-pilot was the clear winner for me. I was skeptical since it was ultimately adding weight, but sure enough it's more comfortable with it. I put the regular pilot on my next heaviest ZMFs and that also worked well. All my sets were already suede, which I find more comfortable since they have more padding than leather.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back