ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 22, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #2,596 of 12,461
Look what arrived this week! I lifted shade only to expose them to sunlight for the pix, but I of course otherwise keep my gear out of the sun. I'll write something up after spending some quality time.

verite-1.jpgverite-2.jpg
Congrats dude. Curious as to what you think of the VC for metal.

Apr 22, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #2,597 of 12,461
Mine is the all Vegan version. I placed the order on January 28. A couple factors to keep in mind, I placed it before they announced the Leopardwood on Feb 13 and because I switched to that, I lost a couple weeks in the queue, and as it was the first batch of that special edition, it took a bit longer. Pandemic didn't help either. It's all good, was nice to have something to look forward to.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #2,598 of 12,461
Look what arrived this week! I lifted shade only to expose them to sunlight for the pix, but I of course otherwise keep my gear out of the sun. I'll write something up after spending some quality time.

verite-1.jpgverite-2.jpg
I love the new colorway for the hardware! plus that leopard wood is a delight! it is the same wood as my salire stand!

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #2,599 of 12,461
Mine is the all Vegan version. I placed the order on January 28. A couple factors to keep in mind, I placed it before they announced the Leopardwood on Feb 13 and because I switched to that, I lost a couple weeks in the queue, and as it was the first batch of that special edition, it took a bit longer. Pandemic didn't help either. It's all good, was nice to have something to look forward to.
Dark or light stain?

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #2,600 of 12,461
Dark! It looks lighter with the direct sunlight, but it's as darkest stain he'd tolerate -- I asked for black but he wanted to keep it within the range of stains they normally offer. Been listening to the new Elder - Omens album (out Friday officially) on 'em, and so far it's all YUMS.

Apr 23, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #2,601 of 12,461
Dark! It looks lighter with the direct sunlight, but it's as darkest stain he'd tolerate -- I asked for black but he wanted to keep it within the range of stains they normally offer. Been listening to the new Elder - Omens album (out Friday officially) on 'em, and so far it's all YUMS.
How’d you get the new Elder album? I’ve been waiting for it. At least Friday will be here quickly

Apr 23, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #2,602 of 12,461
Any word on when the stabilized VCs are gonna go on sale?

Apr 23, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #2,603 of 12,461
Apr 24, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #2,604 of 12,461

28this.jpg

Apr 24, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #2,605 of 12,461

A little behind on having the wood cut, although we do have it in. We're concentrating on leopardwood right now but I'll provide updates here as we get that going.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 24, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #2,608 of 12,461
A little behind on having the wood cut, although we do have it in. We're concentrating on leopardwood right now but I'll provide updates here as we get that going.
Quote: "The process of stabilizing wood involves drying the wood to get rid of any moisture that it holds. The wood and a stabilizing agent are then placed in a chamber under a vacuum. This removes any air from the pores of the wood and fills any voids. It is then treated to a period of high pressure which forces the stabilizing agent to completely penetrate the wood. The wood and stabilizing agent are then heat treated which turns the liquid stabilizer in to a solid. This adds weight and hardens the wood. "

Doesn´t that mean, that it just loosed its wood character, and replaces the individual tonality with a plastic like, repeatable materialmix? I mean I love the design, but isn´t it just a design gimmick that adds weight and removes the wood signature?

Apr 24, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #2,609 of 12,461
isn´t it just a design gimmick that adds weight and removes the wood signature?
Said with great respect; Zach doesn't do gimmicks... He makes art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back