ZMF Pendant SE Pre-Order Ending
Feb 28, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #16 of 30
You need a power conditioner? šŸ˜ƒ
Tried 3! There is some stupid communication tower cluster nearby that I think is the culprit. Iā€™m actually toying with different tube enclosures currently as theyā€™ve had some positive effects. I noticed it when changing volume. When my arm would hover over the tubes the noise floor diminished. Pulling back it would start again. I put a plastic shelf over the amp for kicks and it also changed the noise floor, which got me looking into more formal products. Honestly I should just move haha

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #17 of 30
Just placed an order on one. It looks so good with that Chassis. When it says ā€œShipping Late February/Marchā€ does that mean people are already starting to have their orders go out?

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #18 of 30
I owned an early production Pendant (call it OG for short), and have been listening to a prototype Pendant SE with production specs/parts for at least two months now. The SE is a legit upgrade to an already amazing amp......
My wallet really hates you right now. :)

Mar 1, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #20 of 30
How much do you expect some dude living the good life in the US of A to devote to making boutique amplifiers for the general public to do it for? These aren't easy to build, there's a huge investment in time for design and purchase of materials, and building, and constructing a legal business which means paying lawyers etc ... if the man is making $100 an hour for his time I'd be shocked but I hope he's making twice that.

Shipping as well, these types of amps weigh a lot

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 1, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #21 of 30
I'd like to review this lovely amp and bounce it off of the vaunted Glenn OTL.

Mar 6, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #23 of 30
Dude, it's an Ampsandsound and ZMF joint product. You ought to check out the reviews of the various Amspandsound products [..] this is a fantastic deal. I am doing everything I can to stop myself from purchasing it when I already have a full sized tube amp.

Your key criteria for buying an amp is whether or not it's balanced? If so, you are missing out on a lot of great products.
I'll check them out. I was asking a serious question.
How much do you expect some dude living the good life in the US of A to devote to making boutique amplifiers for the general public to do it for? These aren't easy to build, there's a huge investment in time for design and purchase of materials, and building, and constructing a legal business which means paying lawyers etc ... if the man is making $100 an hour for his time I'd be shocked but I hope he's making twice that.
Oh, I get it. I have several hand-made amps built in the USA, including from Ray Samuels and Woo Audio. That's why I was asking. There's a ton of stuff imported and priced as if it were made by hand in the USA.
The amp is handmade by Justin of Ampsandsound in California using expensive components and point to point wiring. IMO it's worth it's asking price and then some. Don't get hung up on balanced vs SE connections. What matters is the design and execution of the product. This SE tube amp easily matches my balanced solid state Phonitor amp in clarity/resolution. That's impressive, as the Phonitor series amps are considered to be some of the most resolving out there.
Cool. I've never seen any of the Ampsandsound products, so I was honestly curious where these were made and how good they are.

Apr 11, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #24 of 30
This may seem like an odd request but is there any way you can measure the power consumption while it has music playing through it? I built my own power cable out of 20 gauge which can really only handle about 100 watts max and I'm sure the Pendant uses hardly any power but was wondering if I could use it on the new SE.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #25 of 30
This may seem like an odd request but is there any way you can measure the power consumption while it has music playing through it? I built my own power cable out of 20 gauge which can really only handle about 100 watts max and I'm sure the Pendant uses hardly any power but was wondering if I could use it on the new SE.
I'm not sure how to do that, if you could walk me through it and I have the equipment necessary I can definitely do it.

Apr 11, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #26 of 30
Be funny if it spikes to like 110watts.

Apr 11, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #27 of 30
I'm not sure how to do that, if you could walk me through it and I have the equipment necessary I can definitely do it.
Easiest way is a Kill A Watt but I think you can use a multimeter to measure amperage (assuming youā€™re in the US which uses 120V). Not sure on the details though Iā€™m afraid.

May 5, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #30 of 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back