ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
May 12, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #2,491 of 2,544
I have not even changed the pads on my Ori.
From pretty much my first couple of weeks of listening I felt like Zach had these specially tuned for me :sunglasses:

May 12, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #2,492 of 2,544
I have not even changed the pads on my Ori.
From pretty much my first couple of weeks of listening I felt like Zach had these specially tuned for me :sunglasses:
Right there with ya bro! I would not change a thing about my all time favorite headphone.

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #2,493 of 2,544
To clarify, I don't have any complaints about the tuning of my Omnis. Only when switching from one of my Audez'e LCD-2s do I hear that the high end is slightly recessed. I'd just like to see if I can tune them to be a little less rounded off without too much change to the rest of the sound.

May 12, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #2,494 of 2,544
To clarify, I don't have any complaints about the tuning of my Omnis. Only when switching from one of my Audez'e LCD-2s do I hear that the high end is slightly recessed. I'd just like to see if I can tune them to be a little less rounded off without too much change to the rest of the sound.
How does the Omni compare to the LCD 2? Is your 2 a classic or the fazor version? Which one do you use more often and why? Thanks!

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #2,496 of 2,544
Jan 20, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #2,497 of 2,544
If anyone is looking for an Ori, I have listed my pair for sale. I hate to do it, but need the funds for my "endgame setup".
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-zmf-ori-excellent-condition-ormosia-henryi.952674/

Glad you ended up not selling yours. I've been through the same dilemma myself a few times with mine, and each time I couldn't manage to let them go. I honestly think that my Ori are the perfect compliment to my HD800S, and between these two pairs of headphones, I have no need of another set of full-sized cans.

Jan 20, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #2,498 of 2,544
I just listened to my Ori--with the same wood as Wes', ormosia henryi--and had the same 2 thoughts I always have when I hear the Ori (in this order):
  1. DAMN the bass is good! (and)
  2. I don't get why people don't praise the mids, treble, soundstage & dynamics of this HP as much as the bass. They all kill!

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #2,501 of 2,544
Picking up a pair of these without cables included and need to be able to connect them to my Objective 2 amp (standard 3.5mm jack). Any suggestions on cables? Options seem pretty sparse. Don't need anything fancy, cheaper the better as long as it works fine!

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #2,502 of 2,544
ZMF sells stock cables for $60. Probably not going to get much cheaper than that.

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #2,504 of 2,544
What about the cheap $15 cables on Amazon?

The Ori is a high quality planar headphone. IMHO, don't mess w/cheap cables of unknown quality unless you have no choice.

ZMF offers an excellent OFC/copper cable that's quite reasonable. I've had a couple of these. They give you ~95% of what pricey aftermarket cables do (I have a few of those, too).

I've also had good luck w/Periapt cables. This is the one you're looking for:
https://periaptcables.com/collections/frontpage/products/5-type-5-3-pin-xlr-mini

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #2,505 of 2,544
The Ori is a high quality planar headphone. IMHO, don't mess w/cheap cables of unknown quality unless you have no choice.

ZMF offers an excellent OFC/copper cable that's quite reasonable. I've had a couple of these. They give you ~95% of what pricey aftermarket cables do (I have a few of those, too).

I've also had good luck w/Periapt cables. This is the one you're looking for:
https://periaptcables.com/collections/frontpage/products/5-type-5-3-pin-xlr-mini
Thanks, I know there's a lot of dispute whether cables make a sound quality difference. I am in the camp that they don't as long as they meet the minimum requirements; only issue is that most cheap cables that meet my requirement seem to be mostly used for mixer/speaker set-ups instead of headphones and don't have many reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back