ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
Jun 29, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #1,502 of 2,544
Saw these Omnis on the new Headphone.guru review

These made my mouth a fly trap for a minute. 

You know when you get email from subscriptions that send you updates, I wish I got a subscription to ZMF's sexiest wood cups available... ughghghghghg... Before I get one though I really need a good and powerful solid state(not saying tubes don't work well because they do)..

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #1,503 of 2,544

Saw these Omnis on the new Headphone.guru review

These made my mouth a fly trap for a minute. 

You know when you get email from subscriptions that send you updates, I wish I got a subscription to ZMF's sexiest wood cups available... ughghghghghg... Before I get one though I really need a good and powerful solid state(not saying tubes don't work well because they do)..

That omni is ill.... I'm glad Doctor jazz was there!

Jun 30, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #1,505 of 2,544
The Slants have good space and tone and are one of the best T50 mods out there. The bass is very similar in impact to the Omni but the Omnis have more upper mids and dont sound as dark. The slants have a warmer lower midrange, similar midrange proper, but less upper mids and softer treble as well as sound Slightly less open. The Slants are pretty resolving though. I was kinda shocked when I heard the Slants that they sounded that good. Better than the Alpha Dogs by a good margin. Still for my tastes I find the Omni to make things sound more lively, even though they themselves are a natural sound.

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #1,506 of 2,544

The Slants have good space and tone and are one of the best T50 mods out there. The bass is very similar in impact to the Omni but the Omnis have more upper mids and dont sound as dark. The slants have a warmer lower midrange, similar midrange proper, but less upper mids and softer treble as well as sound Slightly less open. The Slants are pretty resolving though. I was kinda shocked when I heard the Slants that they sounded that good. Better than the Alpha Dogs by a good margin. Still for my tastes I find the Omni to make things sound more lively, even though they themselves are a natural sound.

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

should have added with a grain of salt, from memory, and all of that good stuff

Jun 30, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #1,507 of 2,544
Jun 30, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #1,508 of 2,544
Wow.Stunning!Is that in Black Limba wood?

Yep, Black Limba. And, hey @zach915m, that's my pair in the photo!
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,509 of 2,544
Has anyone compared the cocobolo to the bocote? How big are the differences?

Jul 1, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #1,512 of 2,544
Hi, I was just wondering if someone could measure the diameter (Omni) of the cups or lip, pad side, in millimeters?

Thanks, Joshua

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #1,513 of 2,544

Yep, Black Limba. And, hey @zach915m, that's my pair in the photo!
bigsmile_face.gif

Hells yeah!!!  Black Limba believe it or not was/is the most limited of the woods to date.  It was by far the hardest to get for some reason and there have only been like 8 sets total made out of Black Limba.  It certainly is awesome.
  Has anyone compared the cocobolo to the bocote? How big are the differences?

I find Bocote to have more firm sub-bass by an ever so slight amount with a touch more speed, Cocobolo is a great do everything supremely well wood because it's dense, has nice small pores, and has that resin/oily texture which may or may not effect the sound in a minute way.  So cocobolo is smooth and airy yet firm, resounding and robust all at the same time. 

Sound wise I love them all which is why I always say pick the one you like the looks of most.

@Sophonax You got the perfect Cocobolo holy. Thats what I hope mine turns out like the next time Cocobolo Omnis go on sale.

Cocobolo will be on the site sunday/monday along with the other new woods!

Hi, I was just wondering if someone could measure the diameter (Omni) of the cups or lip, pad side, in millimeters?

Thanks, Joshua

100mm Diameter

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 1, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #1,514 of 2,544
Looking all these fancy woods is just awesome but even though I like the looks of some of the other exotic woods, the one thing that always brings reality to me how good they sound. The Cherry may not be the fanciest or the rarest of the bunch but the price Zach gives you on a 2nd Cherry makes them almost unbeatable for the price.
They get plenty of use from me. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 It does not hurt you can always just pick up a phone can call Zach too, JUST where can you do that with any other maker...

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #1,515 of 2,544
So Zach, with the anticipation of new woods coming out, has anyone ever propositioned you to surprise them with their headphones before? I might not be able to choose if they all look so great :)

Full creative control on the looks would be a treat to receive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back