ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
Nov 20, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #2,372 of 2,544
Wow, that's awesome. I remember we picked up the Oris around the same time. I actually just sold my bocote recently to get a pair of purple hearts. Beauutiful!
That’s what I have. An Ori with purpleheart wood. Just love it!
There’s just something really really different about the Ori I gravitate towards. It’s just got this unique sound like nothing else. To me, the soundstage is huge for a closed back as just 1 small example. Just so organic sounding to me. I absolutely get lost in any genre of
Music I listen to and it’s fantastic with progressive metal.
Don’t get me wrong, the Atticus is a great great headphone but again, I like the purpleheart Ori better

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #2,373 of 2,544
These things are amazing! The Ori takes me on an adventure, every time I put them on. I lose track of time and can't stop moving to the music. Sounds come at you from everywhere, and the soundstage height, depth and width are stunning. This is what I always wanted in a headphone! Thanks Zach!

When I got my ormosia henryi Ori a couple years ago, I had just 1-2 headphones. Now I have a number of others, really good ones that shine in their own special ways every time I listen.

Occasionally I'll listen to a truly fine headphone (IMHO) like the padauk Eikon or HEX v2, then strap on the Ori w/a little apprehension, a combination of "I haven't heard this one in weeks" + "it can't sound as good as I remember it."

Every time the Ori knocks me sideways. This is the sound that launched me on a search for other planars. Every time I come back to it I'm impressed all over again. It's a relaxing, musical, soul-sustaining sound. Soundstaging is excellent for a closed back; bass is exceptional. Unlike some endgame HPs that sound edgy & aggressive to me, the Ori really makes music.

I'll listen to it again tonight & I'm sure it will be that "coming home" type of sound.

Nov 21, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #2,374 of 2,544
I agree with what everybody has said here.

I am a huge fan of the Ori. The bass is killer and it always draws me in.

I once remember seeing a coffee Ori, or at least I think that is what it was called...I drooled...it was beautiful!

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #2,375 of 2,544
I agree with what everybody has said here.

I am a huge fan of the Ori. The bass is killer and it always draws me in.

I once remember seeing a coffee Ori, or at least I think that is what it was called...I drooled...it was beautiful!

Coffee stained Zebrawood is the Ori that I own.

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #2,377 of 2,544
4B5F70FA-430C-46D7-A394-4FDF9D3B0AC3.jpeg
Pics please :)

Ask and you shall receive.

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #2,379 of 2,544
I've been playing around with my Cavalli Liquid Platinum lately and the synergy with the Omni/Ori is very good. The midrange is quite special - very lifelike.
That is good to hear! I have a huge stash of the best 6922 variants and i knew i was holding on to them for something, and now we have the LP. What other amps have you used, with the Ori? I would love to know how the LP compares to my Lyr 3 with Ori.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #2,380 of 2,544
That is good to hear! I have a huge stash of the best 6922 variants and i knew i was holding on to them for something, and now we have the LP. What other amps have you used, with the Ori? I would love to know how the LP compares to my Lyr 3 with Ori.

I've tried the Ori with my Cavalli Liquid Carbon (1st generation) and Woo Audio WA6. The Liquid Carbon combo is very good. I haven't tried it with the Lyr 3, but I did hear the Lyr 3/Auteur combo at last year's CanJam SoCal and it was one of my favorite combos at that show.

Please share the results of your future LP tube rolling adventures! I have a few 6922s myself, but I haven't rolled any yet.

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #2,381 of 2,544
One of the fun things in this hobby is to try different headphone/amp combos to see where there's synergy. Last weekend I tried my Omni/Ori with my Cavalli Liquid Platinum amp and to my ears that is a very good combo! The Ori's signature bass and overall musicality combined with the Cavalli midrange magic and smooth treble is a very satisfying combination..

Feb 11, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #2,382 of 2,544
One of the fun things in this hobby is to try different headphone/amp combos to see where there's synergy. Last weekend I tried my Omni/Ori with my Cavalli Liquid Platinum amp and to my ears that is a very good combo! The Ori's signature bass and overall musicality combined with the Cavalli midrange magic and smooth treble is a very satisfying combination..
I am finding the same thing and never knew my Ori, could sound so good. A true match made in heaven.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #2,383 of 2,544
Schiit Modi Multibit + Cavalli Liquid Platinum + Amperex 7308 (1963) + ZMF Ori = Excellent transient response and tonality (lifelike sound), with 3 d effect. The mids are to die for, and nothing else is lacking!

There is this euphonic texture in the midrange, that allows me to feel the notes and it throws out this amazing sound stage. Fun stuff! I am going to bed late and waking up early, and just can't get enough

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #2,384 of 2,544
Schiit Modi Multibit + Cavalli Liquid Platinum + Amperex 7308 (1963) + ZMF Ori = Excellent transient response and tonality (lifelike sound), with 3 d effect. The mids are to die for, and nothing else is lacking!

There is this euphonic texture in the midrange, that allows me to feel the notes and it throws out this amazing sound stage. Fun stuff! I am going to bed late and waking up early, and just can't get enough

You really have my complete attention now. Was already interested in the LP; & my Ori sounds pretty amazing on any SS amp I use.

To think the Ori has even more sonic goodies "in the tank" is very interesting...

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #2,385 of 2,544
Every time I see a post in this old thread I feel I have to contribute.

Just like you guys I love this headphone so much, it is such a joy to listen to and it never disappoints me.

I have seen a few listed in the B/S/T forum for like $500-$600 and I think...damn, someone is going to get a steal on a great headphone.

I can't imagine not having the Ori to listen to, I hate to even try to think of how many hours of listening that I have on mine.

I have listened and enjoyed mine on a few different amps and have been listening to this combo a lot lately...like always with this headphone...I am "gobsmacked" :sunglasses:

I love to hear when people have as much fun with this headphone as I do.

DSC02322.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back