1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by levaix, May 28, 2015.
First

Back
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
Next

Last
  1. koover
    Overall I agree and see both sides but do believe PM’s are best. I’ve been guilty though up to the point.
    I’m just hoping to pick up a pair so I can contribute to the convo.

Wes S likes this.
  2. Wes S
    Now that this thread, is rock n rollin - Has anyone tried the perforated Ori pads on the Ori?

3. Astral Abyss
    I would think they'd kill the bass, which is my favorite part of the Ori. But I'm curious.

4. Wes S
    That is my biggest concern, about the bass, but I will probably give them a try, just to see. If they don't take to much from the bass, and are a bit cooler (temperature) wise, that could be cool. It is hot here in Texas!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  5. koover
    Well I just pulled the trigger on a like new Purpleheart Ori. Really looking forward to hearing these and adding to my ZMF collection.
    I’ll post thoughts after I receive them and get some solid headtime.

Arcamera, Wes S and BuddhaBruce like this.
  6. avsmusic1
    @koover purpleheart is one of my personal favorites - what is the rest of your setup?

7. koover
    Mine too. I run with a Mjolnir 2 and Gumby Gen 5. Balanced
    Should sound incredible. I just hope the Ori and Atticus aren’t to similar in their tuning. I know Zach has his own personal house sound with all his HP’s but I’d still like a bit of difference in their sound signatures. His tuning is in my wheelhouse so I know I’m gonna love them.

Wes S likes this.
  8. avsmusic1
    @koover nice! We’re going to have similar setups. I have an NFB 28 now but recently picked up an MJ2/Gumby stack to try out as a probable upgrade.

9. koover
    You’re gonna love it. Just watch out for going down that rabbit hole with tube rolling. At present, I have well over 60+ sets of tubes. It gets addicting.
    I really am stoked to hear the Ori’s while rolling tube after tube to get that exact sound I’ll be looking for.

10. Wes S
    Awesome! If I were buying a new pair, purple heart is my number 1 choice.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    koover likes this.
  11. avsmusic1
    I’m picking up the new stack tomorrow so I’m planning to get things set up so the Gumby will have a full 24+ hrs before a potential Saturday night listening session when the kids go to bed

@koover def keep us posted on tube combos u find u like. I’m happy to sit back and benefit from your experimentation :beerchug:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  12. BuddhaBruce
    Bought @Nick-s-f beautiful bocote Ori!! Very excited.

13. Wes S
    Nice! I went back and looked at an old post with pictures of that set, and they are stunning.

14. Wes S
    I am rockin with my Blackwood, and they are really really good, I can't wait to hear my Ori! Zach has got it figured out, for sure.

15. LoryWiv
    I own and love ZMF Auteur dynamics, but every now and again the Ori hits the spot...superb planar bass, sweet upper mids and overall euphonic. The overall balance, detail retrieval and especially treble extension doesn't keep up to Auteur, but they are a great listen and sometimes border on magical.

Arcamera, BuddhaBruce and Wes S like this.
First

Back
144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
Next

Last