ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
Jul 18, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #2,176 of 2,544
Guess ori closed back is probably the most smartest way to go and if maybe add eikon to replace hd800s. Since its a very nicely made hp with almost all the features I love that hd800s dont have.
Another option to consider is the newest ZMF: Auteur, an open back with similar biocellulose driver to Eikon. I own Ori and Auteur and they complement each other sooooo well.

Jul 18, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #2,177 of 2,544
The headband was just changed slightly for the t50rp MK3 - so we recommend the leather band slightly over the pilot pad now, they both work fine though and the headband is very similar to the MKII just Fostex shortened it a touch and bent it slightly flatter.

Also - yes - we have Cocobolo in stock for the Ori.

Neet would it be possible to show some pictures pls of the new headband.
Also I saw you guys offer a custom copper cable as an upgrade with 511 strands. Is it possible to have it with an interconnect at the end of the cable so I can swith to all sorts of jacks? I need 4.4mm balanced, 3.5mm normal, 6.3mm, 2.5mm balanced and 4 pin xlr. 10 feet long. A picture also would be greatly appreciated of the cable if you have one in stock.
Thanks.

Jul 18, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #2,178 of 2,544
Another option to consider is the newest ZMF: Auteur, an open back with similar biocellulose driver to Eikon. I own Ori and Auteur and they complement each other sooooo well.

Been looking at these [lusting after Auteur] and all I have to drive right now is Hugo 2. Which I suspect is going to be somewhat under-powered to drive a 300 ohm load? What amp are you using to drive those Auteur?

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #2,179 of 2,544
Been looking at these [lusting after Auteur] and all I have to drive right now is Hugo 2. Which I suspect is going to be somewhat under-powered to drive a 300 ohm load? What amp are you using to drive those Auteur?

Really hugo2 is a flagship if mojo can drive 800omh I am sure hugo2 is gona be a no problem.

Jul 18, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #2,180 of 2,544

The Auteur is actually fairly easy to drive.

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #2,181 of 2,544
Although my amp is iFi Pro iCan with abundant power, I use it with lowest gain setting to drive Auteur and can barely get volume pot past 10 or 11 o'clock position. The Auteur do no seem hard to drive at all.

Jul 18, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #2,182 of 2,544
OK thanks. I hope to pick up Auteur someday soon. Are they very detailed in presentation? Also been thinking about another dynamic (HD800s) as an alternative to planar magnetics, and the Auteur just looks like such a work of art in blackwood. Main concern is whether or not Hugo 2 could drive these phones with authority and get the best performance from them.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #2,183 of 2,544
OK thanks. I hope to pick up Auteur someday soon. Are they very detailed in presentation? Also been thinking about another dynamic (HD800s) as an alternative to planar magnetics, and the Auteur just looks like such a work of art in blackwood. Main concern is whether or not Hugo 2 could drive these phones with authority and get the best performance from them.

I have the Hugo 2 and the Auteur. Hugo 2 can definitely drive them very well. No need to worry there.

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #2,184 of 2,544
Hugo 2 will struggle more with the HD 800 / HD 800 S. The two headphones probably sound a lot different from one another as well: haven't used an Auteur yet but few headphones go for the same kind of sound presentation the HD 800s go for.

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #2,185 of 2,544
Thanks so much for the info. I have been looking at the images of the Auteur on the website and it just looks sick in blackwood. I would love to be able to audition them with my Hugo 2. I may just bite the bullet and go ahead and buy a pair to try out. My Solvine cable will mate right up to the cans so if H2 can drive them well sounds like all there is left to do is to buy them! Now where is that darn wallet? I hear it whimpering somewhere... =^)

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #2,186 of 2,544
Thanks so much for the info. I have been looking at the images of the Auteur on the website and it just looks sick in blackwood. I would love to be able to audition them with my Hugo 2. I may just bite the bullet and go ahead and buy a pair to try out. My Solvine cable will mate right up to the cans so if H2 can drive them well sounds like all there is left to do is to buy them! Now where is that darn wallet? I hear it whimpering somewhere... =^)

Haha go for the auteur probably you wont be bothered by the treble of the hd800S like I am lol. They sound fabulous but still I like them more with eq and less treble for general listen. From reading the reviews and couple youtubing. The auteur is a very audiophile auriented headphone probably more warm and fun to listen then the hd800s. Though the hd800s are special and they pair well with the hdv820 and not so so with hugo2! It get even brighter lol.

My wallet is not far away as well thinking about that ori in cocobolo ;p

Jul 18, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #2,187 of 2,544
Hey guys found this sound demo of zmf ori on zeus sound demo is this demo accurate is it how it sounds?

By listening to this and I set all my sound system to maximum neutral eq possible and pure mode in marantz, listened on my stereo speakers.

My first impression was very dark and thick sounding but that bass I never heard that in any hd even speaker in my life very impressive. At first I was like eeeuum its very different but listened to it more and wow it feels so musical. Did a sound demo from zeus on lcd2 classic and meeehhh its so not musical compare to the ori. Though I would say lcd2 classic seemed more a bit brighter then ori and less thick in sound. But man the bass on ori is something royal and very immersive and pleasant.

What you guys think? This Is my opinion based on sound demo unfortunately havent heard it live.

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #2,188 of 2,544
To many variables between you and the actual headphones, to get any real idea of sound. Never understood the sound demos, but I do like his reviews.

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #2,189 of 2,544
To many variables between you and the actual headphones, to get any real idea of sound. Never understood the sound demos, but I do like his reviews.

Agreed except I never liked his reviews. But the sound demo always seemed extra pointless, more fake hype.

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #2,190 of 2,544
Agreed except I never liked his reviews. But the sound demo always seemed extra pointless, more fake hype.

but it can at least show the characteristic sound of the hp I know its not 100% accurate but would you be able to tell me how close it is? I know all hes sound demo seems to be very muffled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back