1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by levaix, May 28, 2015.
First

Back
132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141
143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152
Next

Last
  1. lentoviolento
    why you say ori and atticus are compliments? tell me more about that please..

2. Rhamnetin
    As a ZMF Ori owner, it won't blow your socks off or anything. It has been some time since I've listened to an LCD-3, but it might not even have better bass.

I do have an LCD-4 and a ZMF Blackwood. I don't even have an Ori yet (it's queued), but the Blackwood's bass isn't THAT far from the LCD-4. LCD-4 bass extends even deeper (I'm surprised I can hear this), is more revealing, has slightly better texture, and more full bodied impact, but the Blackwood's bass is still highly immersive (and ZMF's sound signature is like a cleaned up version of Audeze's, way better upper mids to treble transition and better treble in general).

3. lentoviolento
    can someone confront ori mids with atticus mids?

4. whirlwind
    I think they are different enough to keep them both.
    The Ori has more sub bass and the Atticus has more mid bass, both cans slam very hard. Ori goes deeper.

Vocals are great on both headphones, I prefer the Atticus by a little both with vocals and the sound stage.
    You can listen to both with no fatigue, the upper registers are very smooth. Ori rolled off more at the top...love the treble on both headphones, very easy on the ears.

With the Ori, you get the very addictive planar bass.

For my listening with my gear and my music, mostly blues these days....both headphones get plenty of head time.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Wes S likes this.
  5. lentoviolento
    ok thanks. i'm thinking about selling auteur and come back to atticus. it's cheaper and for my music is tasteful enough. also i have ori on the way and want to make a comparison.

6. FireLion
    Has anyone compared these to an Argon?

7. Rhamnetin
    I have a Blackwood, will have an Ori in two days and I guess I'll get the Argon in advance since I was going to get one anyway. I'll post my impressions here. They will all be driven directly by a Chord Hugo 2 FYI (which from my extensive testing is no worse than Hugo 2 + Lyr 3 with great NOS tubes).

FireLion and Nick-s-f like this.
  8. FireLion
    Cool, I love the Argon it has really grown on me as I use it in work everyday. It's bassy relaxed and dark. Then the soundstage really something it is awesome + the i recommend the deerskin strap.

9. Rhamnetin
    I just ordered an Argon MK3 with the deerskin strap and ZMF Lambskin pads. Not sure when I'll get it. This will be my fourth T50RP MKIII this year. Funny how despite my TOTL gear I keep coming back to T50RP variants, particularly ZMF. They nailed the sound signature, made one perfect for me, and at the end of the day that's probably what matters most. My Ori arrives tomorrow, can't wait!

Nick-s-f likes this.
  10. Nick-s-f
    Looking forward to a Blackwood / Ori comparison.

11. Rhamnetin
    I'll post impressions this weekend, but that'll be limited to my Hugo 2 + Pure BiPolar/Dynalo Mk2 setup (fully balanced). Sometime next week I'll post my single ended impressions with just the Hugo 2 (which seems about equal with the Blackwood compared to my Mojo + Lyr 3 setup, way better than just the Mojo though).

I forgot to say, the Blackwood actually scales up with TOTL gear it seems (which means the Ori will too). I'm surprised. The Pure BiPolar/Dynalo Mk2 improves transparency (it'll do this for pretty much any headphone I guess), every element of bass, and instrument separation slightly, all compared to a Schiit Lyr 3 with any good NOS tube. I can't take it off my head!

12. FireLion
    Yep I might have the opportunity to get one so will be looking out for your impressions. I had Alpha Primes and they were OK. I prefer the Argon.

13. Wes S
    It could have been th
    I think it depends a lot on what amp you 2 are using to compare all these t50 variants. In order to get a good comparison I would want to drive them to their full potential (watts), but that is just me. I understand finding the best one for your situation (amp), is what matters most in the end. What amps are ya'll using for comparison? I am really really interested in the Ori, and think it would make a great compliment to my Alpha Prime.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  14. Rhamnetin
    So I can conclude that I enjoy the ZMF Blackwood more than the Audezd LCD-4 by a clear margin, except for classical but I don't listen to that much and the LCD-4 isn't a champ there neither. That Audeze treble dip is just too much, voices still sound unnatural.

Can't blame my equipment either. Huge win for ZMF here in my opinion. This officially makes the ZMF Blackwood (Ori arrives later today) my favorite sounding planar, and I have also listened to the HE1000 numerous times (in all fairness I think it sounds next to flawless, just not my type), HE-6, HE-500, owned the HE-560, also many other Audeze models, MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs and Alpha Prime and Ether and Ether-C.

15. iamjaymo
    Just took delivery today. Purple Hearts with grecian sliders... Zach, you are an artist. Magnificent looking and sounding... (poor lighting and an iPhone photo just can't do justice).

I also took delivery on Eikons and I haven't even opened those yet... excited!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Wes S, zach915m, Nick-s-f and 2 others like this.
First

Back
132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141
143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152
Next

Last