1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by levaix, May 28, 2015.
First

Back
125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134
136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145
Next

Last
  1. George Taylor
    How do I want to describe it? For most albums I listen to, the highs, like the crash of a cymbal, have been close to nonexistent. Now, I'm not saying it's because of anything Zach does to the tuning of the cans. Because I've never had the chance to try the unfettered Fostex. This is coming out of both my Valhalla 2, and my Aune stack. Last night listening to them through the ifi was a revelation. Especially a track like Grandchester Meadow from Pink Floyd. If you don't know the song, it's pretty much acoustic guitar, vocals & ambient sounds of the outdoors. It was like sitting there listening to them play it just for me. I think part of my problem was I went into the Ori's with expectations that were unrealistic. I've come down to earth quite a bit as far as expectations go with audio equipment in general since I started this hobby. I know what I like and don't now. If I knew that ZMF were going to be making their own headphones I may have held out for one of those. But it's all cool. In the near future I'm going to pare down my collection and see where I go from there.

2. mysticstryk
  3. gug42
    Hello,

First thing : Thank you zach ! really good after market support :)

And my question : what is the purpose of the hole in the dumping material in front of the driver ? What part of the spectrum will be modify (trebble, mids, bass ) ?

Thank you in advance !

4. zach915m
    Hey!

The hole can be left in or out and usually I take it out when one side or both sides just need a touch more "air" in listening or measurements. It's the 7-10 KHZ area that you get slightly more of. I think your talking about the charcoal foam we use?

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
  5. gug42
    Hello,

Thank for your answer :) Yes the grey round foam. I will retry without the hole to try to heard a difference.

And I profite you are here :wink:
    Can you enlight me about thoses one, since my objective is to reduce/smoother the trebble and top-mids area (starting at 5khz)
    - white square foam (i suppose to replace the yellow one of the zmf blackwood)
    - large round, more dense, but less thick, dark foarm

Can I suppose that a dense material will work on the bass area and a lighter one on the trebble area ?

Thank you again !

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  6. Monsterzero
    Im sure its been posted before but I cant find it...

Can someone kindly post a photo comparison of bocote in lacquer vs varnish...cant decide,and its driving me loco!

7. Loose-Leaf
    Just ordered the ORI from Linear Tube Audio , looking forward to them,.

8. whirlwind
    Congrats. Great headphone, just give them some juice and enjoy.
    the bass is so addicting, I listen to mine every week!

9. Loose-Leaf
    Two hours ago I took delivery of the ORI ,.,.. I wasn't expecting the level of performance and comfort cold out of the packing box however I am overly impressed,.
    My purchase of the ZMF ORI was a direct result of Linear Tube Audio recommending the ORI as a excellent match with their MZ2-S OTL preamplifier ,.well manufactures rarely ever recommend synergistic matches of their components so when they do , just follow it .,..Whirlwind , I ment to quote your reply to my posting , sorry about that ,.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  10. Pharmaboy
    Glad you got an Ori--and that you're enjoying & appreciating it. What kind of wood did you get?

I have an ormosia henryi Ori. It was love at first sight; then more love at first listen.

11. Loose-Leaf
    Regarding the wood type they came in wenge only, from my understanding of Linear Tube Audios site is with the collaboration with ZMF ,LTA voiced these phones to their tastes and knowledge using their amp .
    Well I look forward to a good long uninterrupted session tonight however right now I can say with a high degree of confidence the ORI LE wiped the floor in every critical area with Focals Elear with Double Helix after market cable attached and this was no rush to judgment ,. ,..Great job Zach ,.

12. Pharmaboy
    Wenge? For real? I never even heard of an Ori in wenge. That'lll be difficult to find in the dark (!)

That should sound great--it's pretty hard wood, yet has large pores (presumably leading to a nice balance of speed & resonance)

13. mysticstryk
    Interesting, do post a pic if you don't mind, haven't seen a ZMF in wenge before.

George Taylor likes this.
  14. Pharmaboy
    OK, now I know what you're talking about: the wenge-only Ori sold through Linear Tube Audio. Pictures here: https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/products/zmf-lta-ori-le

Very nice!

I guess you won't have to worry about "wood darkening" (a topic mentioned fairly often here & in the Eikon & Atticus thread). Wenge;s one of the darker woods around, right up there w/Blackwood, and even more so, ebony.

15. Arcamera
    Still loving my maple Ori's.
    Will probably order another in another wood at some point. Just because.

First

Back
125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134
136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145
Next

Last